Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2012   #81
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I think Stanford got cut by the Raiders due to high priced contract. At KC, hopefully he just didn't fit their scheme or is he really that bad (cut by KC)?

Anyway, hopefully things work out for Stanford.

Go Texans!!!
He was on a fair wedge of cash at KC as well, given where they are in the season I think that probably played into it.

The Raiders were my first love and I still look out for them if they are on TV; if he gets back to his 2010 form, he'll be great for us.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #82
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

This could be a Merry Christmas for both player and Texans.
Old 12-04-2012   #83
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
He was on a fair wedge of cash at KC as well, given where they are in the season I think that probably played into it.

The Raiders were my first love and I still look out for them if they are on TV; if he gets back to his 2010 form, he'll be great for us.
Thanks for info robroy! I feel much better about this signing.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like he's only signed for one year, whatever that means.

His scheduled visit to the Steelers later on was cancelled.

Just finished watching week 1 vs Titans in 2010.

He had a clean game.

Two catches allowed (one for a TD) were in zone.
They are the responsibility of the safety, IMHO.
He was clearly passing off the receiver to the inside in cover 2.

No penalty.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #85
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Routt was TERRIBLE this year, hopefully he bounces back if given the chance to play, more of a st I think

Quote:
Routt cleared waivers after being cut by the Chiefs on Monday. The 29-year-old allowed a dreadful 64.1 completion percentage, 491 yards, and three touchdowns in seven games as Kansas City's right corner this year, according to Pro Football Focus. Quarterbacks had an astronomical 111.9 rating throwing at Routt. Miami lost Richard Marshall (back) to injured reserve, Arizona has employed a rotation opposite Patrick Peterson, and Detroit's secondary has been ravaged by injuries. Routt should be able to find a job before season's end.
Related: Lions, Dolphins, Cardinals
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

I think if JJo is ok we would do JJo, Jackson Harris/Ball, preferably Harris then Ball, and then Routt or CarMichael depending on how fast Routt learns the playbook
Old 12-04-2012   #86
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this signing. I wasn't aware he was available and somewhat surprised, but I guess he wasn't having a great season. He has experience and has had success in this league with the Raiders. I don't think he'll be a starter unless something really bad happens, but I see him in nickel and dime situations where his speed and experience should be an asset. With Wade Phillips and Vance Joseph, I think Routt can certainly turn it around and if nothing else he can be a special teams guy.
Old 12-04-2012   #87
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they clear this with Schaub first?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #88
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If this guy costs us a game with a penalty or some other garbage....
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #89
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chiefs by mandate of their HC switched over to a 3-4 D 2 years ago. To this day, they are still built for a 4-3. For that reason, they are near the bottom of the league in sacks and commonly hang out their CBs to dry. I'm thinking that, his new pass rush-effective scheme here will lend itself to a conducive environment where Routt could show a very dramatic turn around back to his old Raiders bump and run self.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #90
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Provided he's not a total headcase... this could turn out to be a very good signing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #91
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

What's his rep as a tackler?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #92
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've read all the game analysis at PFF for 2012.
He only had one bad game against the Bucs.

His agent claimed that he only had 3 "bad plays" this year.
One of them was in the Bucs game, and it was really just a good throw and a good catch.

I'm going watch that game soon.

Right now, I had his first game agains the Falcons.
He had a good solid game against a very good tandem of receivers.

Step by step with Julio Jones on a deep go route; incompletion

Tackled a receiver, forcing a fumble; ball out of bound however.
7 yd catch.
Not even his responsibility.

14yd TD to Julio Jones on a picked screen.
Illegal pick; the other receiver came straight off the bat to cut down Routt before the ball arrived.
Ex-HC Billick even said that ref missed that call.
It's not poor coverage to begin with.

Good coverage on Rodd White in the red zone; Matt Ryan had to throw the ball away.

31yd catch by Jones on a post route.
Chiefs in Tampa 2 (zone).
Routt jammed receiver for a long time before passing him off.
RB out of the backfield was entering Routt's underneath zone.

The fact that the safety made the tackle 31 yards from the LOS should indicate that he was terrible in his positioning and technique.
What was he doing dropping 32 yards deep and not even pay attention to react to the pass; it was caught about 20 yards from the LOS.

Zero penalty for the game.
Old 12-04-2012   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Extra: Matt Ryans stole Jacques Reeves's paycheck, LOL.

Poor guy, how he manage to start for an NFL team, I don't know.
Tell you something about the Chiefs' talent evaluation.
Old 12-05-2012   #94
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
There's a video out there somewhere in the same area of the video posted earlier in this thread.

His burn rate in 2010 ranked third.
That's even better than Asomugha and it was better than JJo by quite a bit that year.
Routt demonstrates technique here: Stanford Routt NFLN TotalAccess FieldDemo
Old 12-05-2012   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Thanks, I've seen that.
It might have been posted earlier in the thread... I think.
Old 12-05-2012   #96
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Week 6 Bucs

This is his worst game of the year, per PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-bucs-week-6/

Quote:
Routted

It all began reasonably well for Stanford Routt (-3.1), as he held his own for four weeks. It started to go south against Baltimore in the last game with a couple of penalties and some pretty tepid run defense. This week it was his pass coverage that was held up to a fairly harsh spotlight. He allowed four of six passes to be completed into his coverage for 154 yards and a touchdown. Sure, he was a bit unlucky on the 62-yarder to Tiquan Underwood, but letís not forget he was beaten badly by Vincent Jackson with 4:59 gone in the second only for the ex-Charger to fail to locate a reasonably well thrown pass in the air.

To add insult, some of the angles he took in trying to chase down ball carriers were poor, which meant that overall this will not be a day he looks back on with any pride.
Actually, there was only one running play in which he was not in good position; I'll get to it pretty soon here.
Old 12-05-2012   #97
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Almost pulled in an INT on a tip ball; safety came up and collided with Routt.

Allowed a 62yd catch and run TD to M. Williams (32 yards after catch.)
(Highligt can be seen at NFL.com under Week 6 can't miss play: Williams)
[url="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012101401/2012/REG6/chiefs@buccaneers#menu=highlights&tab=recap"]

Routt played on-man coverage.
He turned and ran with the receiver on an outside release.
He was actually ahead of the receiver.
He even turn his head to locate the ball.
Because he was a little too fast, he overran the ball a little and miss-timed it while trying to reach back for the ball.
The receiver somehow managed to make a leaping catch and ran for the TD.
Routt's foreward momentum carried him away from the receiver.

The single deep safety was playing way on the other side of the far hashmarks
(bad positioning - he shoulda been in the middle of the field.)
He then missed the tackle at the 10yd line and allowed the TD.
If he was in the middle of the field; he should be able to make the play somewhere between the 15-20 yd line.

Bad play by Routt; but it was rather unfortunate.
He played it very well until the end.
Old 12-05-2012   #98
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Almost allowed a 34 yd pass to Vincent Jackson (a speedy receiver) on the sideline.
He got beat, but recovered and would have made the tackle along with the single deep safety who was in the right position this time.

Pass was overthrown, incompleted.
He was able to hinder the receiver slightly.
Who knows, this might have been enough to disrupt the timing of the route.

Similar play to V Jackson again.
This time, Routt played the outside release very well.
He pinned the receiver right close to the side line.
Freeman had to throw the ball away.

15 yd to V Jackson on a slant.
Chiefs dropped into a 3 deep 4 under zone.
This one actually was not Routt's responsibility.
He did well to make this play.

Made another play on a 45 yd catch and run to the RB D. Martin.
Routt was playing man; he was following his receiver on a post route
but was able to somehow see the play and turn back to help the single deep safety
force the runner out of bound.
Old 12-05-2012   #99
76Texan
Hall of Fame

62yd catch and run by Underwood.
(Highlight at NFL.com under "Underwood has big hair...")

Rout got unlucky here.
He was in good position and jumped up to deflect the ball at the 42.
The ball bounced up and somehow the receiver managed to pull in the catch
and ran to the 17 where he was tackled by the safety.

The odd thing is that the single deep safety started the play by running all the way to the numbers on the other side of the field before reading the QB.
That is really strange.

Allowed a 15yd back shoulder fade to V. Jackson.
Rout was right there and even had a hand in there, but Jackson is a big tall receiver.
QB put the ball where only the receiver can get to.

35 yd run off LG by L. Blount.
Routt's own momentum (when he came up to play the edge) pushed him out of the play.
Obviously, the main problem was with the front 7.
Routt's first assignment was the edge; the runner made the cut back inside the LG.
Routt's vision was clouded by several big bodies to his inside.
Old 12-05-2012   #100
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
You aint cheating you aint trying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read