Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-04-2012   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 Best teams in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Top 5 in no particular order:

Texans
Patriots
Giants
Falcons (wont win SB)
Broncos (wont win SB)
Still have the Giants in the top 5 after last nights loss to a division foe that came in 5-6 .... and now with 5 losses themselves ?!

My revised rankings after last night -

Texans
Bronco's
Falcons
Packers
Patriots

Have to penalize the Giants for last nights loss and the 5 total .... Also have to drop the Ravens due to Suggs injury and a home loss to .... Charlie Batch who's almost as old as me.

Almost want to move the Bronco's up to #1 .... mainly because of health issues for the Texans.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #42
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans and Falcons are still winning and have only one loss so they have to be included in the discussion, but neither is playing particularly great football lately. (The Falcons in particular are a puzzle. Almost all of their wins have been of the "how the hell did they win that game" variety.)

Who is playing the best football *right now*? I'd go with the Pats and Broncos, and perhaps the Packers and Colts (though the Colts have had a few "how the hell did they win" games like the Falcons).
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #43
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Broncos, Patriots, Falcons,Texans, 9ers
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #44
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

People realize the Broncos beat up on slappys and have lost every game vs a good team, right? Drives me nuts.
Old 12-04-2012   #45
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
People realize the Broncos beat up on slappys and have lost every game vs a good team, right? Drives me nuts.
This is the NFL. They all count. I could just as easily say, "you realize in the last three weeks, the Texans needed OT to beat the 2-10 Jags and 4-8 Lions, and looked flat in an unconvincing win over the 4-8 Titans".

Simply put, the Texans have not looked particularly good in the last three weeks and are, in fact, very lucky to have won all three. Like the Falcons, they are only in my current "top five" because of their 11-1 record and not because of how they are playing right now.
Old 12-04-2012   #46
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They beat the Steelers and Bucs. Lost to the Texans, Pats, and Falcons. That still doesn't mean they're not one of the best teams in football. They're on a hot streak. I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There isn't a team in the NFL that hasn't gotten wins against "slappys" and struggled against some good (or not so good) teams.

They have Peyton Manning and a guy on defense that is having almost as good a year as JJ Watt...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #48
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
There isn't a team in the NFL that hasn't gotten wins against "slappys" and struggled against some good (or not so good) teams.
This. It's not Florida State versus Savannah State. You don't win in the NFL against *anyone* by just "showing up" and going along for the ride.
Old 12-04-2012   #49
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I know they all count. Yes I know they're hot. But they arent hands down the best team in football, which is what everybody acts like. They didn't just lose to the only three good teams they have played, but were down big to them and made it look good in the end. It does matter. And the Steelers were terrible then and aren't that great now. The Bucs? Not ready yet. Have a good RB and need pieces all over. I just don't buy the Broncos, especially if McGhee is still out.
Old 12-04-2012   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Yes, I know they all count. Yes I know they're hot. But they arent hands down the best team in football, which is what everybody acts like. They didn't just lose to the only three good teams they have played, but were down big to them and made it look good in the end. It does matter. And the Steelers were terrible then and aren't that great now. The Bucs? Not ready yet. Have a good RB and need pieces all over. I just don't buy the Broncos, especially if McGhee is still out.
When you've got a mature team like the Patriots, who are playing the same systems they've played for the last decade, with the same core of guys that have been on the team for years, yeah you get worried when they drop a game to the Seahawks or Arizona regardless what time of year.

But when you've got a new team with a new QB & having to get on page & gel with the rest of the offense, you cut them some slack especially at the beginning of the year.

Most teams are totally different at the end of the year than they were at the beginning of the year.

The Broncos are clicking. They've got their system down & doing their thing & doing it well. They've won 7 straight & look like they are getting better.

Then when you throw all that stuff out the window. Forget about their record, forget about who they beat & who they lost to, just look at how they are playing right now.

There are very few teams playing their game as well as the Broncos right now.

You look at our team, we're not playing very good football right now. Our special teams has probably been the best thing about this team in the last two or three weeks.

But they're finding ways to win so you've got to put them up there.

But who's playing the best football right now..... it's Denver. Hands down.

Doesn't mean they are going to win anything. But they are playing the best right now.

We've got time & reason to believe we will get better. So saying this takes nothing away from the Texans. But I'd be more worried about playing the Broncos next week than I am about playing the Patriots.

The Patriots are having as many issues as we do, it's going to come down to will to win. But the Broncos are playing better than we are & I don't think "want to" would be enough to win right now.

We were the better team when we played them back then. Not the case now. Won't be the case if we have to play them in 6 weeks.
Old 12-04-2012   #51
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Top 2 teams meeting this week on MNF.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Falcons
Giants
Packers
49ers
Patriots
My revised list for December (in no specific order):

Texans
Falcons
Broncos
Patriots
Packers

I think the 49ers could be argued to sub for either the Patriots or Packers, but I don't see the Giants as definitely top 5 after last night's game.
Old 12-13-2012   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
All right. We're through November. Anything change?

My top 5 as of now.
  1. Giants
  2. Texans
  3. Patriots
  4. Broncos
  5. Atlanta
I was going to wait until the end of the month to do this again, but I think we know there should be a big change in how these teams are ranked. My top 5, one week later.
  1. Patriots
  2. Giants
  3. Texans
  4. Broncos
  5. Atlanta
Old 12-13-2012   #54
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I was going to wait until the end of the month to do this again, but I think we know there should be a big change in how these teams are ranked. My top 5, one week later.
  1. Patriots
  2. Giants
  3. Texans
  4. Broncos
  5. Atlanta
1. Patriots
2. Broncos
3. Packers
4t. 49ers
4t. Texans
6. Giants
7. Falcons
8. Ravens

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read