Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2012   #81
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chances the Texans get the #1 seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
What? to that Jj Watt fella? He didn't really do a whole lot against the Titans. Other than a couple of tackles for losses, two sacks, and a forced fumble... really, what did he do?
Oh pshh. Don't talk to me about JJ Watt. Dude is a bust plain and simple. Y'know who we need? Haynesworth. Yeahhhhhh. He would fit perfectly in our system. Better than that nobody, JJ.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #82
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Also, the Colts haven't played anyone!

Their best win was over Green Bay, at home!

All the teams they have played, they got at the right time. Easy Schedule.

I don't expect them to be this good next year.

Also look what happened when they played NE? Gave up 59 points.

I feel like we will get the win in Reliant. We will just need one more after that, assuming we lose to NE.
we beat the lions didnt evne have to go to overtime like your game did...i wouldnt over look this colts team..i agree i doubt they be this good next year. This year they are fighting to give hope to there coach. Im sure they like notihng more then to knock the texans to the wild card spot.
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
we beat the lions didnt evne have to go to overtime like your game did...i wouldnt over look this colts team..i agree i doubt they be this good next year. This year they are fighting to give hope to there coach. Im sure they like notihng more then to knock the texans to the wild card spot.
They've got nothing to play for. Shouldn't have been a game. You gave them a glimmer of hope.
Old 12-04-2012   #84
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmmm, well sure. It didn't take an overtime victory, but it took a last minute comeback over a demoralized Lions team. Yes The Texans were lucky to get their win over Detroit, but don't imply the Colts weren't lucky either just because the length of game was shorter. The Lions just aren't clutch this year, and it is showing big time.

I'm not overlooking them, but I am not buying their success either. The Colts have a much easier schedule this season. Trust me though, I hate the fact that we have to play y'all within the last 3 weeks. I hate that, and it scares me that certain scenarios could have y'all winning the division.

I just don't see it happening. I don't see a win for us next week. So that would mean beat The Colts and Vikings at home to get the #1 seed.

Texans have been taking care of business all year, I doubt they let up against the upbeat Colts.

Old 12-04-2012   #85
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The difference between the Texans and the Colts, is the Texans have actually played and beaten true opponents.

Examples: Denver, Baltimore, and Chicago.

The Colts have lost to Jacksonville, Chicago, and New England.

There are no real marquee wins on their schedule other than Green Bay.

Although we only have 3 marquee wins, we at least dominate the other opponents we have played.

They have been lucky to get out of some of their match ups, like yesterday.
Only three? What other team in the NFL has more? Best three wins from other top NFL teams:

Broncos: Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

Patriots: Colts, Broncos, Dolphins

Ravens: Bengals, Patriots, Steelers

Steelers: Bengals, Ravens, Giants

Bengals: Giants, Redskins, Chargers

49ers: Bears, Packers, Seahawks

Giants: Packers, Buccaneers, Redskins

Bears: Colts, Cowboys, Vikings

Packers: Texans, Bears, Vikings

Falcons: Broncos, Buccaneers, Redskins

Texans: Ravens, Broncos, Bears
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #86
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I forgot to mention, I am very surprised the Colts got away with that win.

They were down by 12 with less than 3 to go. Colts got it done, but Lions gave up as well.

Old 12-04-2012   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts have a much easier schedule this season.
Next year I think we play the AFC West & NFC South so the Colts will play the Broncos, Saints, Falcon, Bucs, Atlanta, most likely Miami, Pittsburgh, and us twice.
Old 12-04-2012   #88
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Only three? What other team in the NFL has more? Best three wins from other top NFL teams:

Broncos: Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

Patriots: Colts, Broncos, Dolphins

Ravens: Bengals, Patriots, Steelers

Steelers: Bengals, Ravens, Giants

Bengals: Giants, Redskins, Chargers

49ers: Bears, Packers, Seahawks

Giants: Packers, Buccaneers, Redskins

Bears: Colts, Cowboys, Vikings

Packers: Texans, Bears, Vikings

Falcons: Broncos, Buccaneers, Redskins

Texans: Ravens, Broncos, Bears

Thanks for the info on the other teams.

I guess from all of the haters saying we haven't beat any marquee teams, I've been defending those three games, thus thinking it isn't much to sneeze at.

I would like to point something out though. I think this was mentioned in another thread, but I'll just reiterate.
The Pats have dominated their division over the past ten years. However, nobody ever accuses them of not playing anyone. But if you look at their division, they haven't had any competition. I mean yeah, you have your random teams like the Jets and the Dolphins, but overall, the AFCE hasn't been much, so potentially, 6 of the Pats wins in prior seasons could be out of the division.

Yet, when we get successful, everyone is like, Oh they play in the south. The south sucks.

I'm getting tired of haters.

Old 12-04-2012   #89
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Next year I think we play the AFC West & NFC South so the Colts will play the Broncos, Saints, Falcon, Bucs, Atlanta, most likely Miami, Pittsburgh, and us twice.
Next year we will have the AFC West and NFC West.

Other than Denver and San Fran, not much to those opponents.

Rams could surprise though.

Old 12-04-2012   #90
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmmm, well sure. It didn't take an overtime victory, but it took a last minute comeback over a demoralized Lions team. Yes The Texans were lucky to get their win over Detroit, but don't imply the Colts weren't lucky either just because the length of game was shorter. The Lions just aren't clutch this year, and it is showing big time.

I'm not overlooking them, but I am not buying their success either. The Colts have a much easier schedule this season. Trust me though, I hate the fact that we have to play y'all within the last 3 weeks. I hate that, and it scares me that certain scenarios could have y'all winning the division.

I just don't see it happening. I don't see a win for us next week. So that would mean beat The Colts and Vikings at home to get the #1 seed.

Texans have been taking care of business all year, I doubt they let up against the upbeat Colts.
only time will tell
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #91
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts are coming off a 2-14 season. What do you think their SOS for this year is like? It's nothing. Wimpy. 8-4 isn't a huge deal when you have a relatively weak schedule.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
The Colts are coming off a 2-14 season. What do you think their SOS for this year is like? It's nothing. Wimpy. 8-4 isn't a huge deal when you have a relatively weak schedule.
How much more difficult is their schedule than the Jags?
Old 12-04-2012   #93
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For 14 games of the schedule, we had the same opponents as they did. The exceptions being we got Denver and Baltimore, they got Cleveland and Kansas City.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #94
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

We got Denver and Baltimore, and they got Cleveland and KC - but that's a big deal, in my eyes. We played two playoff teams and beat them. They play two bottom feeder teams and barely beat Cleveland 17-13, with KC yet to go. The only thing they have going for them is that victory against the Packers.
They lost the the Bears - playoff team (well... wild card, maybe?) and the Jags (no excuse) and the Jets (no excuse). They got blown out by the Pats, but I'll reserve judgment until we play them.

So where we for the most part beat the playoff teams, they didn't. The other teams? Cupcakes. Let's face it, our schedule, aside from Denver, Baltimore, GB, the Bears, NE and perhaps the Lions, is full of weaker, lower end teams. We won the games that counted (with NE still to go) and they didn't. Luck is good enough to beat the cupcakes, but he's still yet to prove himself against the big boys. One game against GB isn't enough to warrant a full worshipping of Luck.
Old 12-04-2012   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Luck is good enough to beat the cupcakes, but he's still yet to prove himself against the big boys. One game against GB isn't enough to warrant a full worshipping of Luck.
I think the point was that you can't really use the "weak schedule" card against them. They played the same schedule we did. 3 play off teams, Bears, Packers, New England. Miami is in the hunt & the Lions aren't as bad as their record. Then they got 2 games against us, another play off team. That's 5 games vs play-off teams.

Not being able to beat them is a different story all together. 8 wins for a rookie against that schedule... I mean it's never been done before.
Old 12-04-2012   #96
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

I concede that it's never been done before. I'd still wait one more season before drawing conclusions about Luck, though. For all we know, he could pull a Cam Newton. It might just be beginner's luck. But if he does the same stuff next season, yes, no one in their right mind will deny that Luck is a great QB and has the potential to be elite soon enough. It's a matter of time, to be honest, but I think you can understand that though it would make for competitive football in the AFCS, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we were the sole good team in the AFCS. Having to duke it out with Luck for the next 10 years ala Pittsburgh and Baltimore (two good teams fighting for the AFC North) is something I'd rather avoid.
Old 12-04-2012   #97
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How much more difficult is their schedule than the Jags?
Actually the Jags have a tough schedule. Highest SOS in the league at .576.

The Colts have a lower SOV and SOS than us.

The team that interests me the most is Denver. They scare me some because we all know what Peyton can do, but their .380 SOV is pretty paltry compared to the other division leaders. They lost every game against top teams and beat up their crummy division. I'm not suggesting the AFC South is the best division around right now, but I think the top 2 teams in there are as good as the top 2 in any division with the possible exception of the NFC North. Of course, the 2 of our teams went 2-2 against those guys so maybe we are as good.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I concede that it's never been done before. I'd still wait one more season before drawing conclusions about Luck, though. For all we know, he could pull a Cam Newton. It might just be beginner's luck. But if he does the same stuff next season, yes, no one in their right mind will deny that Luck is a great QB and has the potential to be elite soon enough. It's a matter of time, to be honest, but I think you can understand that though it would make for competitive football in the AFCS, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we were the sole good team in the AFCS. Having to duke it out with Luck for the next 10 years ala Pittsburgh and Baltimore (two good teams fighting for the AFC North) is something I'd rather avoid.
I don't think Luck is "great" I was just saying the weak schedule argument doesn't fly. Pointing out that he has more wins than any other rookie QB in history was not a profession of greatness.

Luck doesn't scare me any more than VY did when he started in the league & just won. It's a team game. We've got a QB better than most, a running game better than most, and a defense better than most. It will be great to dominate the division every year, but I don't really care about that. As long as we are Super Bowl contenders year in & year out, I couldn't care less.

I want to win the Super Bowl as the #1 Seed, the #2 Seed, the #3 seed, the #4 seed, the #5 seed, & the #6 seed.
Old 12-04-2012   #99
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think Luck is "great" I was just saying the weak schedule argument doesn't fly. Pointing out that he has more wins than any other rookie QB in history was not a profession of greatness.

Luck doesn't scare me any more than VY did when he started in the league & just won. It's a team game. We've got a QB better than most, a running game better than most, and a defense better than most. It will be great to dominate the division every year, but I don't really care about that. As long as we are Super Bowl contenders year in & year out, I couldn't care less.

I want to win the Super Bowl as the #1 Seed, the #2 Seed, the #3 seed, the #4 seed, the #5 seed, & the #6 seed.
In consecutive years so it can never be broken.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #100
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not being able to beat them is a different story all together. 8 wins for a rookie against that schedule... I mean it's never been done before.
Quote:
Pointing out that he has more wins than any other rookie QB in history was not a profession of greatness.
What are you talking about? Big Ben started and won 13 games as a rookie. Matt Ryan won 11.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read