Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2012   #21
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Is Stanford Routt Houston Texan worthy?
He has not kicked anyone in the family jewels that has been reported.
Old 12-04-2012   #22
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great athlete.

Worth kicking the tires on for sure.

A healthy Joseph and Jackson will suit me just fine though.

Maybe we get to see Carmichael.
Old 12-04-2012   #23
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW I thought Carmichael looked pretty solid tackling.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #24
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this the guy playing for the Raiders?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZLiXA54D6I

I barely remember him from his U of H days.

Let's hope he can make plays. He's certainly young and athletic enough. A lot of talk that he was uninspired playing for a bad Chiefs defense. Perhaps playing on a contender will rejuvenate his play.
Old 12-04-2012   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably the best option among the available street FA's .... definately worth looking into.

The fact that he played well for the Raiders in their man scheme bodes well since the Texans employ a scheme very similar.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #26
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Routt signed a three-year, $19.6 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs on February 20, 2012. On November 5, 2012, Routt was released by the Chiefs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_Routt
19 M contract in February and outright cut 9 months later, what's with that ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Routt signed a three-year, $19.6 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs on February 20, 2012. On November 5, 2012, Routt was released by the Chiefs
Didn't we pick up a street FA not too long ago from KC? Worked out pretty well that time if I remember right. I think he was a DB too.
Old 12-04-2012   #28
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
In 2011 with Oakland Routt's coverage rating (by ProFootballFocus) had him ranked 15/109 CBs who took at least 25% of their team's snaps.

His overall rating was poor, though, due to a league worst penalty rating/ranking: 109/109. I see 17 penalties in 17 games.
Well, I guess we know who to count on for our weekly block in the back penalty on punt returns if he's signed.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #29
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Well, I guess we know who to count on for our weekly block in the back penalty on punt returns if he's signed.
Odds are, there would be a block in the back on a return anyway, and they can only penalize us for one of them.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #30
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Whoever we pick up. I feel that if Vance doesn't think he'll fit they will be stuck on Special Teams duty
Old 12-04-2012   #31
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Odds are, there would be a block in the back on a return anyway, and they can only penalize us for one of them.
How can players be coached not to block in the back?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #32
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tell them "Dont block in the back. Its against the rules!" ??
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #33
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They have to get back on returns to begin with .... and then they have to be taught proper angles and have the discipline and self control to .... make the right play.

Lots of the Texans block in the back penalties this year havent been on "gunners" who beat the return team back .... its been on the other guy's often from the interior. Thats whats so damn frustrating.

Keep the bastard in front of you .... dont hit him if you can read the back of his damn jersey.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #34
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Whoever we pick up. I feel that if Vance doesn't think he'll fit they will be stuck on Special Teams duty
Why would we pick up a CB that our secondary coach doesn't think will fit?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #35
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Didn't we pick up a street FA not too long ago from KC? Worked out pretty well that time if I remember right. I think he was a DB too.
KC released Pollard in 2009 & we signed him.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #36
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Tell them "Dont block in the back. Its against the rules!" ??
Man whats up with this. We get 2 or 3 calls a game. However it seems like they are calling more on everyone now. I called like 5 last night in the WAS/NY game.

My wife is a Giants fan, and I told her everytime there was a hold or a block in the back on returns, she was tripping out.

If I were a ST coach I would tell my Punt Returner, Fair Catch every damn ball period or your fired. Our return average would go up 5 or 6 yards by just fair catching every punt!!!
Old 12-04-2012   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
If I read it correctly, Routt gets $5M and $10M this year frm the Raiders and Chiefs, respectively.

If he agrees to a cheap contract to go home, I think it will be a good deal for us.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
In 2011 with Oakland Routt's coverage rating (by ProFootballFocus) had him ranked 15/109 CBs who took at least 25% of their team's snaps.

His overall rating was poor, though, due to a league worst penalty rating/ranking: 109/109. I see 17 penalties in 17 games.

Routt is one of Al Davis' speed/size draft picks.
From what I read (from one of the coaches or Gm - can't recall), the Raiders always sent film into the league for review.

Nearly half of those penalties were deemed "not a penalty".

8 of those were the 5yd variety.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #39
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Signed

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/...33592956702720

Quote:
Mark Berman‏

The Texans will sign free agent cornerback Stanford Routt.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #40
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Confirmed. Just got hit by bleacher report as well.

Good signing. Hope we can get his technique up to speed.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read