Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2012   #61
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chances the Texans get the #1 seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Anybody confusing the 2012 Colts to the 2010 Colts has got a little Luck juice on his chin.

He ain't Elway. He ain't Manning. He ain't Stafford. He won't win at Reliant & if he wins in Indy, it's because we let him.
Agreed.

Remember, they also couldn't win at Chicago in the elements. They couldn't win a game on Thanksgiving after a quick turnaround from a near five quarter game against Jacksonville.

We have no idea how this year's Colts will come out against the Texans, so I'd take a wait-and-see approach.

But the Texans deserve the benefit of the doubt. I think they've earned that atleast.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Agreed.

Remember, they also couldn't win at Chicago in the elements. They couldn't win a game on Thanksgiving after a quick turnaround from a near five quarter game against Jacksonville.

We have no idea how this year's Colts will come out against the Texans, so I'd take a wait-and-see approach.

But the Texans deserve the benefit of the doubt. I think they've earned that atleast.
Chances are we're going to get a 20 point lead on them.

Ain't no way in he77 Wade is going to give up a 20 point lead in the final minute of a game. Ain't going to happen.
Old 12-03-2012   #63
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Ain't no way in he77 Wade is going to give up a 20 point lead in the final minute of a game. Ain't going to happen.
I only know one person capable of doing that. And Wade Phillips is not that person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #64
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

but what im saying is the goal is to be able to lose our last 3 games or most likely 2 games and not fall to the number 2 spot

no matter what denver or pats do

guyz if we keep winning yall know the texans will not care has much about the

vs Minny
@ colts

games .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #65
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
but what im saying is the goal is to be able to lose our last 3 games or most likely 2 games and not fall to the number 2 spot

vs Minny
@ colts

games .....
That is only IF we beat the Patsies next Monday night, and then the Colts. We'll see.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

vs Minny
@ colts

games .....
but I think we're all saying the same thing. Keep winning.

The only thing I would add, is that it isn't the end of the world.... far from it, if we don't beat New England.

The Texans want to go 1-0 & if they do that next week we clinch a bye if Tennessee also beats Indy. Then we play Indy at home. If they go 1-0 that week we clench HFA (I think) at 13-1 with two games to play.

At that point the most important thing is not to get anyone hurt especially our key players.

It is still important to win games. I doubt Kubiak & Wade are going to stop trying to win games. They're just going to try to do it with other players.

Can our reserves beat a Vikings team fighting for their play-off lives? Probably not. But if our starters spot us a couple of scores, it'll be a game.

Can our reserves beat a Colts team fighting for their play-off lives? Maybe. But it's going to be a game.
Old 12-03-2012   #67
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

after our backups almost beat tenn last year i think our backups can deff beat minny and th colts

besides i would like to see TJ yates play thoes games maybe even for a half and also get that guy from U of H some playing time obvs schaub in the first qtr has well
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #68
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
after our backups almost beat tenn last year i think our backups can deff beat minny and th colts

besides i would like to see TJ yates play thoes games maybe even for a half and also get that guy from U of H some playing time obvs schaub in the first qtr has well
That brings up a point. Any team ever enter the play-off with only 2 quarterbacks on their roster, anybody knows?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #69
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That brings up a point. Any team ever enter the play-off with only 2 quarterbacks on their roster, anybody knows?
I'm not concerned with that. Keenum has been on the practice squad all year, and Beck is a phone call away.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #70
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Htown has played a tough schedule.

If the playoffs started today, the Texans have wins over the #2 seed (Baltimore) and the #4 seed (Denver). They have two games against the current #5 (Indianapolis). If they can win one of the Indy games and manage to get a win over New England, they would have beaten almost every team they may face in the playoffs.

That said, I think Htown loses the New England game and beats Indy(home) and Minnesota on the road. They would enter Lucas Oil with a record of 13-2. The big game would then become the SF-NE game. If SF can win, they even if they Texans finish 13-3(i.e. 2-2 over the last 4), they are the #1 seed. if NE wins, the Texans would need to beat Indy in that last game or hope Miami can come up with an upset.

I think there is a very good chance the Texans end up with the #1 or #2 seed, which I think a lot of us would have been happy with at the beginning of the year.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #71
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad that the wording of these threads has changed from Chances Texans get the #1 pick to, #1 seed.
Old 12-03-2012   #72
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Colts are good, but they ain't as good as the Texans. Until that team is built up some more, the Texans own the division.

And yes, I've seen Luck play, and not everything good that happens to that team comes directly from his skill set. The Colts have gone from horrible to above average in one year. But the Texans are one of the best teams in the NFL right now, and are just a flat out better team. For this year.

Make no mistake about it, for now we can take the Colts at home and at their place. But Luck with good coaching is going to grow into a very long lasting pain in our sides for the next decade and a half.
Also, the Colts haven't played anyone!

Their best win was over Green Bay, at home!

All the teams they have played, they got at the right time. Easy Schedule.

I don't expect them to be this good next year.

Also look what happened when they played NE? Gave up 59 points.

I feel like we will get the win in Reliant. We will just need one more after that, assuming we lose to NE.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #73
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Also, the Colts haven't played anyone!

Their best win was over Green Bay, at home!

All the teams they have played, they got at the right time. Easy Schedule.

I don't expect them to be this good next year.

I feel like we will get the win in Reliant. We will just need one more after that, assuming we lose to NE.

Look what happened when the Texans played Green Bay. They gave up....oh, never mind.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Luck threw 3 interceptions & fumbled the ball once.
Old 12-03-2012   #75
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
And you don't even suffer from the Oiler days knowing going in that the other shoe would certainly drop.
I may not suffer from the Oilers syndrome, but I have terrible memories of the Astros and the Rockets choking it up in the playoffs.

It's the Houston Syndrome, and I hope the Texans break it this year.

Old 12-03-2012   #76
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

These are the same Colts that gave up 41 points to the Bears. We should pull out the win against an inferior team. It's as simple as that. Quit riding on Luck's jock.

I want our defense to scare him so badly he'll never play well against us again.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #77
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The number 1 seed is the Texans to lose. They have 2 game lead on the field holding the tie breaker with 2 of those teams and only 4 to play.

The top 5 teams all have some sort playing each other orgy going on, so even with a lose or two, I am thiking all of the top teams have at least a game in the L column.
Old 12-03-2012   #78
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Look what happened when the Texans played Green Bay. They gave up....oh, never mind.
The difference between the Texans and the Colts, is the Texans have actually played and beaten true opponents.

Examples: Denver, Baltimore, and Chicago.

The Colts have lost to Jacksonville, Chicago, and New England.

There are no real marquee wins on their schedule other than Green Bay.

Although we only have 3 marquee wins, we at least dominate the other opponents we have played.

They have been lucky to get out of some of their match ups, like yesterday.

Old 12-03-2012   #79
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Luck threw 3 interceptions & fumbled the ball once.
To New Englands defense.

Watch what will happen when they play us.

Old 12-03-2012   #80
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
To New Englands defense.

Watch what will happen when they play us.
What? to that Jj Watt fella? He didn't really do a whole lot against the Titans. Other than a couple of tackles for losses, two sacks, and a forced fumble... really, what did he do?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read