Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2012   #61
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bring on New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Fwiw the line is down to -4
Seen that, money on Texans at better odds.
I think it will be a toss-up with the favorite currently trending down.

Hopefully the Football God is out of the equation just to let them play.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #62
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
If you can't connect the dots on the post count reference, then I can't help you. I'm pretty sure you understand what I'm saying, but are just consciously being obtuse about it.
Whatever, I know what I meant, so your lack of understanding is irrelevant.

I'm just mature enough that I have the ability to read between the lines on this comment. Of course it was a reference to me. Your denial is just more of you choosing to be argumentative.
If you just woke up this morning feeling like you wanted to argue with someone, maybe you (we) should take it to the NSZ. God knows we have enough differences there to keep us busy for a while.

Your overreaction to his opinion, questioning his ability to comment on others opinions is somewhat commical. In your expectation for others to read between the lines it seems you don't have any ability within yourself there could of be some sarcasm in his post. The post he quoted was overly descriptive and I actually found some humor in his response. I'm sure he didn't mean "calm down or I will **** your mother"
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #63
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Seen that, money on Texans at better odds.
I think it will be a toss-up with the favorite currently trending down.

Hopefully the Football God is out of the equation just to let them play.

That's a pickem for a home game, right now it shows 71% of the money hitting the texans with the points
Old 12-03-2012   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a pickem for a home game, right now it shows 71% of the money hitting the texans with the points
That's a lot of money on a dog for the points given, if I may say!
Old 12-03-2012   #65
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Especially since the Pats havent lost at home in December since 2005. Wow.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #66
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love you man, err I mean, good wisdom sensei!
Grass Hopper76!!! Yes, wisdom is important like I said before when Sun rises from East and sets on West ......... whatever! NAMASTE to you but don't get me wrong, I'm not bending over(NAMASTE) for you know what!
I am happy with my beautiful girl friend.(Boy, she is stunning! and I have her only to myself)

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #67
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Grass Hopper76!!! Yes, wisdom is important like I said before when Sun rises from East and sets on West ......... whatever! NAMASTE to you but don't get me wrong, I'm not bending over(NAMASTE) for you know what!
I am happy with my beautiful girl friend.(Boy, she is stunning! and I have her only to myself)

Go Texans!!!
You're funny as hell you know that sensei.
I've learned comedy between East and West; I found out that we can surely as helll appreciate both.
Old 12-03-2012   #68
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're funny as hell you know that sensei.
I've learned comedy between East and West; I found out that we can surely as helll appreciate both.
Yep, doesn't matter your from East or West. We all are same human being and we appreciate things which are about the same. However, West women tend to have a bigger breast in general in comparison with East women but the rest is like I said about the same Grass Hopper76!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #69
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to introduce The Pats to the New AFC Sheriff in Town!

Let's do this!

Now, can we just skip to Friday!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #70
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Sooooooo.... Whats our gameplan for Monday Night?
Blow up all those terrible slip screens they like to run to compensate for their poor pass protection. Put Brady on his back all day long, run the ball, and most importantly, score more points than they do.
Old 12-04-2012   #71
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Run, run, and run again. Keep Brady off the field and chew up the damn clock.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #72
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd do anything for Foster to have an insane game. Hope he does. He got some nice rest on Sunday.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #73
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting recycle, per Boston Herald.

Quote:
Wide receiver Donte Stallworth is set to join the Patriots for the third time, according to a source.

The Patriots have a need at the position due to Julian Edelmanís foot injury, which caused him to leave Sun Life Stadium yesterday with crutches and a walking boot.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #74
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Some interesting factoids going into this game.

Quote:
New England Patriots

I donít often include post-game quotes in my analysis, but this one from Bill Belichick really stood out to me. ďItís always good to win. Itís not about the stats, itís about wins.Ē Thatís the core of the Patriots philosophy. With 12 straight winning seasons and nine division titles in the last 10 years, itís clearly been proven right. And this win over Miami was the epitome of that thought process.

No team in the league is more willing to change their offensive approach depending on the opponent. Last week against the Jets, the Patriots had 39 rushes and only 18 completed passes. This week against Miamiís strong run defense, they spent the game throwing very efficient dinks and dunks. Other weeks, itís all about the downfield passing game. Tom Brady and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels live by the cliche ďtake what the defense gives you.Ē

This defense is clearly getting better. The pass rush was there all day. The linebackers did an excellent job stuffing the run and the secondary didnít allow many open receivers. And the playmakers were making plays Ė Brandon Spikes, Aquib Talib, Jerod Mayo, Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich all stepped up. But as the defense has become Super Bowl worthy, there are offensive concerns now Ė particularly up front. OL Dan Connolly got hurt here and the line didnít get much push up front against a quality defensive front.

Brady took four sacks after only one in his previous four games. A good pass rush is kryptonite for New Englandís offense. Bradyís sacks were the primary reason why New Englandís extended streak of OVERS Ė nine in a row dating back to Week 3 Ė finally ended.

The last team to return to the Super Bowl the year after a loss was 1993 Buffalo Bills (and the Ď92 Bills, and the Ď91 Bills). It doesnít happen very often. In fact the only NFL team to reach back-to-back Super Bowls in the last 14 years was the non-spread covering Patriots from Ď03 and Ď04.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #75
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff over at ESPN Boston:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...p-plenty-offer
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #76
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Julian Edelman appears headed to injured reserve http://wp.me/p14QSB-6B8K
Old 12-04-2012   #77
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Julian Edelman appears headed to injured reserve http://wp.me/p14QSB-6B8K
I saw that this morning on either Espn or NFL-N ... cant remember which.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #78
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:

lots of places in vegas now at 3.5 59% of the money still on the texans with the points
Old 12-04-2012   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I'm not liking this article already.

Quote:
This marks the Texans' third road game in three weeks, and according to the Elias Sports Bureau, only five teams have won three road games in three weeks since 2000.
Old 12-04-2012   #80
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
lots of places in vegas now at 3.5 59% of the money still on the texans with the points
I pretty much expect this.
Sounds like a game where "may the best team wins".

I like it.

Let's go Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read