Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jim Rome gives his take . . .

link

Quote:
►JIM ROME GIVES HIS TAKE ON PRETENDERS AND CONTENDERS

There are no super teams in the NFL this year, just a handful of very good teams. There are pretenders, contenders and one team to beat. You can't call the Chicago Bears a contender when they're not even the best team in their own division. They don't beat Green Bay with Jay Cutler, and they won't beat anyone without him – pretender.

So much to like about the Texans, a game-breaking running back in Arian Foster, a game changing pass rusher in J.J. Watt, but a defense that's hemorrhaging that just made Chad Henne look like John Elway –pretender.

The Broncos are a force because Von Miller is a freak. And if they'd can get to the second round with Tim Tebow playing quarterback, think how far they'll get with a quarterback playing quarterback – contender.

As usual, with the Patriots, it's time Tom Brady, and his tight ends and a bunch of ghosts on defense. Their window has already slammed shut. They just don't know it – pretender.

I asked Aaron Rodgers if his team is Super Bowl good. He said not yet. He’s right. He's the best player in the game, but even he can't win a Super Bowl lying on his back. Not yet, not this year – pretender.

As for the quarterback issue in San Francisco, Jim Harbaugh can start himself, for all I care. As long as he starts Willis, Bowman, Smith and Smith on defense, nobody wants any part of the dudes in gold helmets –contender.

The Atlanta Falcons haven't shown up for a playoff game in the last two years. This year they finally ball- up because they finally D-up, ask Drew Brees – contender.

I love Ray Rice converting a fourth-and-29 for the Ravens. I hate that he needed it to beat the Chargers. Joe Flacco's mojo doesn't travel – pretender.

If I have to call my shot, I'm calling it on the 7‑4 snake in the grass, New York Giants. Nobody in sports flips the switch like the G-men. Get to January and ride or die with Eli, his freaky wide-outs and the QB killers on the D‑line. If I'm rolling with one team, I'm getting behind Big Blue.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read