Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2012   #21
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bring on New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Next Monday Night the 11-1 Houston Texans are going to Gillette Stadium to face the 9-3 New England Patriots. Primetime.

Playing a first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback that's at the top of his game. Jon Gruden in the booth calling it. JJ Watt with national spotlight against a top offense on the road in his defensive player of the year campaign. Matt Schaub ready to engage in a shootout with Tom freaking Brady.

If you can't get excited for this game you aren't a fan of FOOTBALL!!!
Ahhhh, sh*t!!!

I forgot about Chuckie, all we will hear about all night is Brady, Bady, Brady, Brady, Brady. "Ohhh Tom I love you, can I wash your jock strap, can I get you a gatorade. your the best, ohhh Tom". Guess I'll try to get 610 of the interwebs and get it synced up with the game.
Old 12-03-2012   #22
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Good points made by everyone. For the Texans to have a chance in this game we are going to need Foster, Forsett and Tate to bring it. Rotate this guys out and keep them fresh as long as possible. Keep Brady on the sidelines as much as possible.

I would even like to see Foster and Tate lined up in the backfield in a split formation. That would be a nice wrinkle.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #23
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Good points made by everyone. For the Texans to have a chance in this game we are going to need Foster, Forsett and Tate to bring it. Rotate this guys out and keep them fresh as long as possible. Keep Brady on the sidelines as much as possible.

I would even like to see Foster and Tate lined up in the backfield in a split formation. That would be a nice wrinkle.
Its definitely time to get Tate running over mfers again.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Now for a reason we won't win.

Gary Kubiak.

If Gary Kubiak thinks this is an important game, a must win he's not going to rotate those guys like he should. He's going to stick with Foster. You'd think that should be a good plan. You'd think that ought to get us a win. & it might. But I think there is so much variety in the way those three guys run, that it helps us to mix it up. Foster & Tate at the least. But Forsett should also be part of the plan. Gary should go into the game thinking we're going to run it 45 times & split the carries accordingly.

Now, I know it's not a must win. You know it's not a must win. But we don't know what Kubiak thinks.
Old 12-03-2012   #25
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Gary Kubiak.

If Gary Kubiak thinks this is an important game, a must win he's not going to rotate those guys like he should. He's going to stick with Foster. You'd think that should be a good plan. You'd think that ought to get us a win. & it might. But I think there is so much variety in the way those three guys run, that it helps us to mix it up. Foster & Tate at the least. But Forsett should also be part of the plan. Gary should go into the game thinking we're going to run it 45 times & split the carries accordingly.

Now, I know it's not a must win. You know it's not a must win. But we don't know what Kubiak thinks.
We will only see Forsett enter the game on obvious passing downs and thats when we will hand it off to him.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #26
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I was banned from the pat's fans board last night for starting a thread titled "JJ Watt..."

It said "....has a bigger, thicker penis than Tom Brady."

Lasted only 5 minutes...they be mad.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Best MNF match up this season.
Old 12-03-2012   #28
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I was banned from the pat's fans board last night for starting a thread titled "JJ Watt..."

It said "....has a bigger, thicker penis than Tom Brady."

Lasted only 5 minutes...they be mad.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agree 100% with the bolded. IMO, the only way we win is to run the heck out of the ball. It's not much different than a Manning led offense. Keep him on the sidelines and you have a chance.

The Pats will not drop balls that hit them in the hands. Their QB will not throw the ball behind his WRs. Nor will he shook up by a pass rush or defensive scheme.
Old 12-03-2012   #30
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

They will be a really tough test, but these aren't the unbeatable Pats from years' past. They beat the Fins by a touchdown, they've beat less teams with a wining record than we have, they'll likely be down Gronkowski.

I still give them an edge with how decimated our secondary is (gave me chills when Quin was talking about sending Posey on the field as a CB last night!), but if we can establish a running game, it'll be the Texans game to lose.
Old 12-03-2012   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Gary Kubiak.

No telling how Gary looks at this game. I think he'd like to be 1-0 this coming week just like seemingly every week. I think that keeping Foster in there if he's "on" and giving him the lion's share of the carries in this game is not a bad idea necessarily. It's going to be cold, most likely wet. The first guy who can demonstrate that he is capable of running effectively in that I think you run with and don't look back.
Old 12-03-2012   #32
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody has the time to check out Wade's record against Belichick's Pats.

I know Belichick's has the upper hand but I don't think its's by much and Wade was "bouncing" around so he never really got the chance of the continuity in his defense against the Pats.

And I know some of the losses were close games, too.

And can somebody verify that Kubiak's Broncos were 4-2 against Belichik's Pats??!

All and all, I don't think we should worry about coaching.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #33
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Somebody has the time to check out Wade's record against Belichick's Pats.

I know Belichick's has the upper hand but I don't think its's by much and Wade was "bouncing" around so he never really got the chance of the continuity in his defense against the Pats.

And I know some of the losses were close games, too.

And can somebody verify that Kubiak's Broncos were 4-2 against Belichik's Pats??!

All and all, I don't think we should worry about coaching.
Wade Phillips coached teams vs. Belichick' Pats:

Loss 48-27 vs. NE in 2007 regular season as HC of Dallas Cowboys
Win 41-17 At NE in 2005 regular season as DC of San Diego Chargers
Loss 24-21 AT NE in 2007 AFC Divisional playoffs as DC of San Diego
Win 16-13 At NE in 2000 regular season as HC of Buffalo Bills
Loss 13-10 vs. NE in 2000 regular season as HC of Buffalo Bills

Overall record of 2-3, 0-1 in playoff games
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post

Appreciate that.

Looks like it will be a fun game to watch.
Old 12-03-2012   #35
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's Broncos teams vs Belichick's pats:

Won 24-16 @ NE in 2002 Regular season as OC
Loss 30-26 vs. NE in 2003 Regular season as OC
Won 28-20 vs. NE in 2005 Regular season as OC
Won 27-13 vs. NE in 2006 AFC divisional playoffs as OC
Loss 28-19 vs. NE in 2000 Regular Season as OC/QB Coach
Won 31-20 vs. NE in 2001 Regular season as OC/QB Coach
Won 24-16 @ NE in 2002 Regular season as OC/QB Coach

Overall record of 5-2. 1-0 in playoff games
Old 12-03-2012   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Hey, I think Wade also won one when Belichick was the HC of the Browns in 95 (his fifth year there.)
Old 12-03-2012   #37
MistaRed
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Hey, I think Wade also won one when Belichick was the HC of the Browns in 95 (his fifth year there.)
He sure did. He won 22-19. So that improves Wade's record vs. Belichick to 3-3. Reason I didn't include that one is because you were asking for his record against Bill as HC of the Patriots.
Old 12-03-2012   #38
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Anyone who says we haven't played anyone is a ****ing moron, and quite frankly, they should have their freedom to comment on football matters stripped away from them.
Exactly! Wins ON THE ROAD against two playoff contenders in Denver and Chicago, and a complete asskicking at home against the Ravens. I am gobsmacked by all the talk lately about the Patriots being the most dominant team in the NFL and how tough they are to beat.

WRONG.

They are quite beatable because they simply aren't the complete team the Houston Texans field on Sundays. The script needs flipping. At 11-1 and a resume of big wins on their schedule, including two crazy OT wins in a matter of four days, the Texans strength of schedule credentials should not be questioned. The question should be this:

Who has New England beaten?

Denver at home, that's it. They've lost to Seattle, Arizona, and Baltimore.

Do not fear the Patriots, they are very mortal.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He sure did. I must've overlooked it. He won 22-19. So that improves Wade's record vs. Belichick to 3-3.
Cool.

Also I found out that Kubiak's was 4-4 and 48 yards with a QB rating of 116.7 against the Giants in a play-off game in 1986 season when Belichick's was the DC.
(Game date was 1-25-1987 - Broncos shoulda start Kubiak's that day, LOL).
Old 12-03-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I am gobsmacked by all the talk lately about the Patriots being the most dominant team in the NFL and how tough they are to beat.

WRONG.
I'm not gobsmacked, at least I don't think I am, but I think I understand what you are saying.

The Patriots remind me of the Bears. Their big thing was being on the plus side in the turnover battle. The Bears defense (defence??) was known to create turnovers, give their offense the short field & occasionally put points on the board. At that time, the Bears defense scored more than they gave up.

That's really the only thing the Pats got over us, considering their injuries on offense.

What people didn't recognize, is that we're pretty good at forcing turnovers on the defensive side of the ball as well. And offensively, we don't give it up.

That's going to be tested against the Pats. Without Gronk I don't think they have enough offense. Without turnovers, I honestly don't think it's going to be close.

That's saying an awful lot. Writing checks that Wade's gotta cash. But that's the way I see it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read