Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2012   #81
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub calls out Suh, wouldn't want him on Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I don't know man... I'd probably fraternize with Lucifer if it meant a SB.
As a former Cowboy fan of the early to mid 1990s, let me assure you that the winning becomes small compensation in a hurry... Rooting for Switzer and Jones, particularly, sucked all the joy out of their 3rd Superbowl victory and sent me running for other pastures- even if it meant losing. By the way, I have enjoyed my years as a Texans' fan more than I ever did rooting for the Cowboys. In my opinion, this is the best part of the ride: the process of going from an upstart to a championship-caliber team. I know that I'm in the minority, but I am in no hurry to win the Superbowl... nothing is as sweet as the first one, and I wouldn't mind a year or two of close calls before we get there. It makes it that much sweeter.

By the way, I've been an Atlanta Braves' fan since 1981, so I have a unique perspective regarding disappointment in the playoffs and close calls.
Old 12-01-2012   #82
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Houston Texans have as many playoff wins in their 11 year history, as the Detroit Lions have since 1958 - ONE. They can say what they want about the "Texans Way", I'll take that 8 days a week over the "Lions Way".

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #83
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
As a former Cowboy fan of the early to mid 1990s, let me assure you that the winning becomes small compensation in a hurry... Rooting for Switzer and Jones, particularly, sucked all the joy out of their 3rd Superbowl victory and sent me running for other pastures- even if it meant losing. By the way, I have enjoyed my years as a Texans' fan more than I ever did rooting for the Cowboys. In my opinion, this is the best part of the ride: the process of going from an upstart to a championship-caliber team. I know that I'm in the minority, but I am in no hurry to win the Superbowl... nothing is as sweet as the first one, and I wouldn't mind a year or two of close calls before we get there. It makes it that much sweeter.

By the way, I've been an Atlanta Braves' fan since 1981, so I have a unique perspective regarding disappointment in the playoffs and close calls.
Yeah, just like we hate Bud Adams even before he moved the Oilers to Tennessee
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #84
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I warned you guys about the media going all... "Ooooh, did you hear what Schaub said about you?"

The media is the real issue here. Like a bunch of kids instigating a fight in the school yard.
Sickening. Vandemeer included since he started it.
Half of the media tries to goad athletes/coaches into saying something controversial so the other half can shout about them.

Actually, it was Nick Wright, not Vandermeer, who asked the two questions that launched all this silliness.

Even if Suh's kick was purely accidental, it's hard to blame the guy who's nuts took the shot for being a little perturbed. And, frankly, I kind of like the "Houston Texan-worty" meme that has launched.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #85
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Schaub calls out Suh, wouldn't want him on Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Lions' Gunther Cunningham defends Ndamukong Suh, rips Matt Schaub's comments

Well, Gummter, a Texan is what you just lost to, fool.
What a POS goon coach. I expected that from him after seeing him kick his clipboard. Lions fans can have him. Where's the barf smilie?
Old 12-01-2012   #86
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
What a POS goon coach. I expected that from him after seeing him kick his clipboard. Lions fans can have him. Where's the barf smilie?
& that's why that talented defense will be wasted over the next 2-3 years. It's all top down & if they're going to defend suh when he does crap like that, they'll never control him, never be able to coach him, never make him the player he can be.

That's why he was better as a rookie than he is now.
Old 12-02-2012   #87
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

**** you Gunther. What the **** is a GUNTHER?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #88
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Quote:
Gunther \g(u)-nther, gun-ther\ as a boy's name is pronounced GUN-ther. It is of German origin, and the meaning of Gunther is "battler, warrior". Gunnar is a Scandinavian variant
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meanin...FVTADRPaz8M.99
http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Gunther
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #89
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6009 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbYtqAWDF2U

Oooooh....
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #90
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Where's the barf smilie?
Here ya go:

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #91
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Suh angered the Colts by laughing and dancing with teammates after he knocked Colts right tackle Winston Justice to the ground. The hit came after a Don Carey interception in the fourth quarter, and Justice left the game with a concussion.

“Totally ignorant on their part,” Colts right guard Mike McGlynn said, via Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star. “Just childish stuff. We’re all battling out there; I don’t know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they’re out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They’re good players but there’s no room for that. It’s disgusting, really.

“If that had happened to one of their players, we’d never do something like that. But that’s what makes this even sweeter. That’s why they lose. I hope they never win another game.”
http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...nclick_check=1
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #92
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Schaub calls out Suh, wouldn't want him on Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Here ya go:

Thanks, I needed a laugh

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read