Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default They Robbed us of a Ninja Touchdown celebration dance

How in the heck did they blow that whistle?

Antonio was off to the races.

That would have been awesome to see him do his Ninja dance in the endzone.

Antonio Smith played extremely well yesterday. I know most of you love his game & think he's doing enough. I don't. He needs to bring it like he did yesterday & he needs to finish.

He was also robbed of a sack.

Just like a QB has to beat the blitz before they "scare" defenses, A DL needs to finish before he can affect the QB with his hurries & hits. Or bat balls down, he has to create negative plays. A hurry that results in a 3rd & 15 conversion does not help us at all.
Old 12-03-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss the replacement refs
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: They Robbed us of a Ninja Touchdown celebration dance

I bet the ref who blew the whistle was thinking of the Forsett touchdown.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the league reviews weekly performance & you can bet the Forsett down on contact play was a hot topic that probably influenced a quick whistle on Texans following week costing Ninja his highlight & Texans a six spot. inadvertent whistle cannot be overturned or challenged

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #6
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we had one blown dead against Jaguars also, on the Daniel Manning sack fumble on Blaine Gabbert.
Old 12-03-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans DE Antonio Smith of a fumble return for a touchdown wiped out by an official’s errant whistle, “I think I was robbed, because that would’ve been the greatest play ever in my life. It felt good getting in the end zone, especially when I was making those Chris Johnson-type cuts, stiff-arming, then I pull out the 4.5 (speed). It wasn’t 4.2 today. It was just 4.5.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-a733d7c542a3
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2012   #8
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
the league reviews weekly performance & you can bet the Forsett down on contact play was a hot topic that probably influenced a quick whistle on Texans following week costing Ninja his highlight & Texans a six spot. inadvertent whistle cannot be overturned or challenged
It might have been a hot topic, but nothing should have changed...the league has stated that the refs are to let the play continue knowing that every turnover will be reviewed. Had this not gone for a TD, it still would have been reviewed. This tool decides to blow it dead when the ball carrier wasn't down and Smith is still upright....not even close to being down. The only problem with the call against Detroit was that thier coach got caught up in being an asshat and threw the red flag. The "system" would have worked. As blatent it was that Forsett was down, it would have been overturned. There was no reason to blow Smith's play down.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I heard that interview yesterday. The guy's a nut. That's the one I said makes Arian seem dead-pan.

Antonio is hilarious.
Old 12-03-2012   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I bet the ref who blew the whistle was thinking of the Forsett touchdown.

Exactly. Delayed make-up call if I ever saw one.
Old 12-03-2012   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Wasn't that a Subway commercial?
Old 12-03-2012   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I almost expect the delayed makeup call to come on Monday night against one of the NFL's darlings .... Brady and the Pats.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

The announcer (I'm drawing a blank on his name) had the call of the week on smith's sack, after not getting the first one. "There you go, now you can pull that thing out and whip it around!"
Old 12-03-2012   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yep, this is what I thought after the play.

We need a better Ninja emoticon in honor of Antonio.
Old 12-03-2012   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
The announcer (I'm drawing a blank on his name) had the call of the week on smith's sack, after not getting the first one. "There you go, now you can pull that thing out and whip it around!"
He said that?? I must have tuned out the announcing crew by that time. That's funny lol

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmnKOkt7fI

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
It might have been a hot topic, but nothing should have changed...the league has stated that the refs are to let the play continue knowing that every turnover will be reviewed. Had this not gone for a TD, it still would have been reviewed. This tool decides to blow it dead when the ball carrier wasn't down and Smith is still upright....not even close to being down. The only problem with the call against Detroit was that thier coach got caught up in being an asshat and threw the red flag. The "system" would have worked. As blatent it was that Forsett was down, it would have been overturned. There was no reason to blow Smith's play down.
I think we can all agree on this.

And I also like what corrosion said; it's better that it happens this game instead of next week.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't even see how you blow a whistle when nobody is on the ground. No excuse that bad of a call.

Oh well, gift TD last week - Texans win, TD taken away - Texans still win. Suck it Detroit!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #19
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the lions game with some family that came down from up north. They were crushed when that Forsett play happened. I could tell they expected to lose after that.

I love this team instead of getting down and blaming the refs, the defense went and got that ball back for the offense in the redzone. I had faith the whole time that it wouldn't matter in the end.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #20
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
I watched the lions game with some family that came down from up north. They were crushed when that Forsett play happened. I could tell they expected to lose after that.

I love this team instead of getting down and blaming the refs, the defense went and got that ball back for the offense in the redzone. I had faith the whole time that it wouldn't matter in the end.
Were they crushed on the blatant PI that wasn't called on the play before too? Just sucks that their cocky/hotheaded coach blew it for them. That definitly would have come back.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read