Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chances the Texans get the #1 seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
No, if we lost out after that game and any of the others won out then they would leap frog us by virtue of overall record

We need them to lose one more each OR, beat Pat and win one more
Yeah, if we win our next 2 we'll clinch because of head to head and conference record.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #42
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Yeah, if we win our next 2 we'll clinch because of head to head and conference record.
That would be great clinching home field throughout on Dec 16th against the Colts.
Old 12-02-2012   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

My prediction:

New England has Houston, San Fran, @ Jacksonville, Miami. They win out and go 13-3.

Denver has @ Oakland, @ Baltimore, Cleveland Kansas City. They lose at Baltimore and go 12-4.

Baltimore has @ Washington, Denver, New York Giants, @ Cincincinti. They should win out and be 13-3.

Houston loses @ New England then wins out going 14-2 and gets home field advantage.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #44
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My prediction:

New England has Houston, San Fran, @ Jacksonville, Miami. They win out and go 13-3.

Denver has @ Oakland, @ Baltimore, Cleveland Kansas City. They lose at Baltimore and go 12-4.

Baltimore has @ Washington, Denver, New York Giants, @ Cincincinti. They should win out and be 13-3.

Houston loses @ New England then wins out going 14-2 and gets home field advantage.
Have you seen Baltimore lately?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #45
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Have you seen Baltimore lately?
To be fair, I think Thorn's still drunk. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #46
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Baltimore lost, that changes things and makes things easier for us to at least get a bye.

Still want the #1 seed though. This is going to be the longest week ever.....

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #47
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why, but I don't feel great going in with a record of 14-2.

I just feel like we would be the team to lose in the playoffs.

This season is just getting to the point,, where you don't know if this is real. I simply cannot believe what this team has done.

Getting the Lombardi would be the greatest. I would cry tears of joy. Joy I tell ya!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #48
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Luck is good, but this season makes me think that some point in the 2011 season, the Colts decided to cash it in and coast for draft position.
really going out on a limb there.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

This season is just getting to the point,, where you don't know if this is real. I simply cannot believe what this team has done.

Getting the Lombardi would be the greatest. I would cry tears of joy. Joy I tell ya!
I've been pinching myself since we rolled over Baltimore.
Old 12-02-2012   #50
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

And you don't even suffer from the Oiler days knowing going in that the other shoe would certainly drop.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #51
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we just need to beat NE and Pray Denver losses a game and we will be sittin pretty lets just root for the raiders that they can somehow pull a upset
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #52
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If we beat NE and things swing our way with denver then we could lose wk 15 and wk 16 and have a bye thats like a hole month + to rest our starters or treat these 2 games like pre season
Old 12-03-2012   #53
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
we just need to beat NE and Pray Denver losses a game and we will be sittin pretty lets just root for the raiders that they can somehow pull a upset
Why should we pray for Denver to lose? We should be actively rooting for Denver and New England to pass up Baltimore so we can avoid playing both Manning AND Brady in the playoffs.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #54
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we beat NE and things swing our way with denver then we could lose wk 15 and wk 16 and have a bye thats like a hole month + to rest our starters or treat these 2 games like pre season
Bold comments is exactly I am hoping for. Let our starters rest and heal so that they will be fresh and ready for the playoffs with home field advantage! Just win at NE and Indy games and will be good.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #55
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Why should we pray for Denver to lose? We should be actively rooting for Denver and New England to pass up Baltimore so we can avoid playing both Manning AND Brady in the playoffs.

cause denver is the front runner to get the number 1 seed if hou slips up

Ravens have no chance have u seen there sechudle they will prob fall to the #4 spot or worse

its going to be us denver and Pats fighting for the 1 and 2 spot

thats why if we.... WIn we beat the pats having denver lose one and then we are good Go into Preseason mode for like a hole month +
Old 12-03-2012   #56
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
cause denver is the front runner to get the number 1 seed if hou slips up

Ravens have no chance have u seen there sechudle they will prob fall to the #4 spot or worse

its going to be us denver and Pats fighting for the 1 and 2 spot

thats why if we.... WIn we beat the pats having denver lose one and then we are good Go into Preseason mode for like a hole month +
For Denver to pass us up, all of this needs to happen:

Baltimore lose again.
New England win out.
Denver win out.
Houston lose to New England and at least once to Indy.

that's a lot to happen... Expecting an 11-1 team to fall apart at the end of the season while two teams with three losses to finish the season with 10 - 11 game winning streaks.

... I do agree that New England and Denver are the teams to avoid in the playoffs, though. And, it would be nice if the scenario works out for us. Still, there are too many variables to know what to root for.
Old 12-03-2012   #57
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My prediction:

Anybody who is comparing this years Colts to the 2011 version (before Luck), isn't paying attention. The last 2 weeks Luck has played like a young John Elway. I don't see us winning in Reliant in our first meeting and then going up to Indy just 2 weeks later and winning again. I don't think it's gonna happen. So in that scenario we are not the top seed, NE will be.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Anybody who is comparing this years Colts to the 2011 version (before Luck), isn't paying attention. The last 2 weeks Luck has played like a young John Elway. I don't see us winning in Reliant in our first meeting and then going up to Indy just 2 weeks later and winning again. I don't think it's gonna happen. So in that scenario we are not the top seed, NE will be.
Anybody confusing the 2012 Colts to the 2010 Colts has got a little Luck juice on his chin.

He ain't Elway. He ain't Manning. He ain't Stafford. He won't win at Reliant & if he wins in Indy, it's because we let him.
Old 12-03-2012   #59
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts are good, but they ain't as good as the Texans. Until that team is built up some more, the Texans own the division.

And yes, I've seen Luck play, and not everything good that happens to that team comes directly from his skill set. The Colts have gone from horrible to above average in one year. But the Texans are one of the best teams in the NFL right now, and are just a flat out better team. For this year.

Make no mistake about it, for now we can take the Colts at home and at their place. But Luck with good coaching is going to grow into a very long lasting pain in our sides for the next decade and a half.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #60
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts are good, but they ain't as good as the Texans. Until that team is built up some more, the Texans own the division.

And yes, I've seen Luck play, and not everything good that happens to that team comes directly from his skill set. The Colts have gone from horrible to above average in one year. But the Texans are one of the best teams in the NFL right now, and are just a flat out better team. For this year.

Make no mistake about it, for now we can take the Colts at home and at their place. But Luck with good coaching is going to grow into a very long lasting pain in our sides for the next decade and a half.
It will be fun to watch!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read