Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2012   #21
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Today was even sweeter cus we clinched on the Titans turf, in front of Bud.
Kinda how last year we clinched with a Titans loss
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #22
bshep86
Rookie

Section: M&T Bank Stadium
Rep Power: 1052 bshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-02-2012   #23
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
We can with a win and losses by Bal, Den, and Indy next week. Not likely but who knows?
Not likely? I think we can win.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The game against New England will be huge. The Pats have a much easier schedule to finish the season then we do. If we both finish 13-3 and the Pats beat us Monday night, they will have home field.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #25
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The game against New England will be huge. The Pats have a much easier schedule to finish the season then we do. If we both finish 13-3 and the Pats beat us Monday night, they will have home field.
Pats play the Niners on a short week after facing us. I wouldn't trade our last 3 games for theirs.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #26
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Pats play the Niners on a short week after facing us. I wouldn't trade our last 3 games for theirs.
Hopefully the 49ers will be up for them. Pats finish with Jax on the road and Miami at home.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #27
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Not likely? I think we can win.
I was referring to needing losses by all those teams, not us beating the pats.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #28
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Usually, the mantra is "Just win baby" we're in the driver's seat, control our own fate. However, with Baltimore's loss today we've opened up a 2 game lead in the AFC.

Meaning we can lose next week & still control our own fate by winning out & ending the season 14-2..... it is not possible for any other AFC team to finish 14-2 much less better.

We then play Indy & Minnesota at home. 12th man should help see us to 13-2 in the event we do lose Monday night.

If New England goes on to beat San Francisco (going through QB growing pains now) they'll probably go into Miami at 12-3. I doubt Miami will lay down for them, they are already looking to next year just like the Colts are.

If New England & the Texans are the only two AFC teams to finish 13-3, they get HFA & we'll be the #2 seed. The Broncos will probably beat the Colts & then play us @ Reliant. The Bengals/Steelers will beat Baltimore & go play New England. The Steelers with Ben is probably the only team of that bunch that can beat New England in the play-offs. They'll come to Reliant, if we beat the Broncos.
Now if we beat New England, then Indy, then Minnesota, We're 14-1 with a meaningless game in Indy. Win or lose, we're the #1 seed & have HFA. Even if we lose to New England, then win out, we're the #1 seed.

Now if the Broncos win, they'll go play New England in Foxboro. Cincy/Steelers will come play us. I think we're flat out better than any team out of the North. New England & Denver I think are as good as we are. I'd much rather they play each other & we only play the winner, Instead of having to beat them both to get to the Super Bowl.
Old 12-03-2012   #30
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see

1) Texans
2) Broncos
3) Patriots
4) Ravens
5) Steelers
6) Colts

The Steelers can physically beat up the Ravens so they're going to be hurting coming into Reliant for the Divisional game.

We would only see Manning or Brady and not both.
Old 12-03-2012   #31
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Today was even sweeter cus we clinched on the Titans turf, in front of Bud.
In front of that ******* Bud makes it sweeter.

I'm no more a Titan hater than I am a Colt or Jaggie hater, they're just another division team to me. But Bud Adams, Bud Adams can kiss my ****ing ass until he chokes to death on my taco induced foul farts. I hate that bastard.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #32
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
But Bud Adams, Bud Adams can kiss my ****ing ass until he chokes to death on my taco induced foul farts. I hate that bastard.
Preach it Thorn!
Old 12-04-2012   #33
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoffs

Congratulations on securing the Texans' second playoff birth, setting a new franchise record for wins, and the franchise's (impending) 2nd straight division title.

I look forward to watching the team in the playoffs; hopefully the great run to open the season will allow for some guys to rest and heal before the postseason run.

I'll be back to talk playoffs in January!
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #34
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoffs

That's weird because nothing makes me happier than watching the Titans lose. Well maybe the cowboys. Anyways I'm sure you guys will be a thorn in our side soon.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #35
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Congratulations on securing the Texans' second playoff birth, setting a new franchise record for wins, and the franchise's (impending) 2nd straight division title.

I look forward to watching the team in the playoffs; hopefully the great run to open the season will allow for some guys to rest and heal before the postseason run.

Thanks for your kind words, I sure hope we're able to make the AFC South proud.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the kind words, man.

Prior to the game Sunday, I thought you guys had made a mistake with Locker but from what I saw, the kid's got a chance to be something.

Good luck except when you play the Texans and when it goes against our best interests.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

Class... pure class.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read