Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-27-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 'Fireman Ed' quits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
15 min of fame! I've never heard of him before the media decided they needed something else to talk about, since the Jets apparently SUCK this year, and they just can't give up trying to find SOMETHING to talk about when it comes to the Jets.

ONE fan does not represent all fans!! The media loves to sensationalize stories and try to make something out of nothing. So he quit!! BIG deal!! Move over Ed, I'm sure there's someone who would just love to take your place!! It's all about attention!! JMO!
Fireman Ed's fame goes way beyond 15 minutes. I'm sure all the hardcore football fans know him (& it's not an insult to insinuate you aren't hardcore, I'm not hardcore, I'm more of a Texans fan than a football fan). He's prominent at the games. Every Jets game, they show fireman Ed on TV. He's been to every draft I can remember. Dude's made a spectacle of himself for years. Even without the get-up, I would think New Yorkers would recognize him.
Old 11-27-2012   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Fireman Ed's fame goes way beyond 15 minutes. I'm sure all the hardcore football fans know him (& it's not an insult to insinuate you aren't hardcore, I'm not hardcore, I'm more of a Texans fan than a football fan). He's prominent at the games. Every Jets game, they show fireman Ed on TV. He's been to every draft I can remember. Dude's made a spectacle of himself for years. Even without the get-up, I would think New Yorkers would recognize him.
Well, escuse me for NOT watching the Jets!! Could care less about them, except when they play us, and I've never seen him on TV. ALL I'm saying is that you don't have to make a spectacle of yourself to be hardcore! If the man wants to "quit" whatever it is he is doing, then so be it!! Let him go in peace! There will be someone else ready to step right in and take his place.

Just curious! what's the definition of "hardcore" anyway? I know some "hardcore" fans who don't know the D from the O, and have NO flippin clue who some of our players are. Is it a person's overall knowledge of the GAME, including all players and teams, or just someone who attends all the games but doesn't know squat about the game? just wondering!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, escuse me for NOT watching the Jets!! Could care less about them, except when they play us, and I've never seen him on TV. ALL I'm saying is that you don't have to make a spectacle of yourself to be hardcore! If the man wants to "quit" whatever it is he is doing, then so be it!! Let him go in peace! There will be someone else ready to step right in and take his place.
Like I said, I meant no disrespect. Just saying he's not one of those 15 minutes of fame guys.

Quote:
Just curious! what's the definition of "hardcore" anyway? I know some "hardcore" fans who don't know the D from the O, and have NO flippin clue who some of our players are. Is it a person's overall knowledge of the GAME, including all players and teams, or just someone who attends all the games but doesn't know squat about the game? just wondering!
We've got some hardcore Texans' fans & I put you in that category. Hardcore Football fans are like emdiggy, rmartin/beerlover/badboy, Dutchrudder & several others. They're all into the draft, capology, watch all teams etc.... where someone like me, I'll watch the Texans & a few other teams.

I'm not hardcore.
Old 11-27-2012   #24
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-disgrace-man/

Dolphin's super fan rips ex-fireman ed

Quote:
brettfavresmidget says: Nov 27, 2012 2:56 PM

I wonder if Super Fans give each other autographs?
Old 11-28-2012   #25
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

in our section we kinda have our version of firemen ed cept he wears paper machae Bull horns :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Jets fans harassing the Jets players as they walk off the field. I can't imagine this happening at Reliant.

http://youtu.be/vi7Qv0aZGc0

Stay classy New Jersey.
Old 11-30-2012   #27
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
in our section we kinda have our version of firemen ed cept he wears paper machae Bull horns :P
I sit the row behind him, about 5 or so people to the left. The guy gets on TV/Newspapers more than anyone else. Anyone know if he's on TT?
Old 11-30-2012   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I sit the row behind him, about 5 or so people to the left. The guy gets on TV/Newspapers more than anyone else. Anyone know if he's on TT?
What I like most about his attire is that it's not perfectly created.

It's simple, it's genuine, and I appreciate that.
Old 11-30-2012   #29
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wow, Jets fans harassing the Jets players as they walk off the field. I can't imagine this happening at Reliant.

http://youtu.be/vi7Qv0aZGc0

Stay classy New Jersey.
Didn't David Carr get beer poured on him once or twice going into the tunnel at Reliant?
Old 11-30-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Didn't David Carr get beer poured on him once or twice going into the tunnel at Reliant?
Even worse, They poured beer on his wife.
Old 11-30-2012   #31
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
She is hot so maybe they thought she was on fire?
Old 12-01-2012   #32
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AND his son, who was about 3 at the time.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you see the CBS halftime show during our game today?

A fan in the Jets stands was wearing a jersey that had "Fireman Fred" written on the front, and he was wearing a children's red fireman's hat.

I was laughing so hard! LOL!

I figured there would be a pic on the Internet by now, but there's not.

I wish you guys could see it. I'm too lazy to sap it off my TV and post it right now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read