Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2012   #21
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

I watched the Patriots today. The dolphins got alot of pressure on Brady they just couldnt stop the run.

I see the Texans getting good pressure. I predict Dobbins flattens ridley the first play. Brady hits the secondary for 3 tds.

Texans 28
Pats 24
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #22
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
We've made Chad Henne look like Tom Brady, now we face the actual Tom Brady. Don't see why everyone is supposed to feel all positive about this game.
didnt we still win, arent we 11-1, that right there is enough to be positive
Old 12-02-2012   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i may be a little superstitious
Oh for sure, I agree.

Reading your quick-fire prediction threads each Sunday afternoon is like when I was in high school and a group of my mischievous friends would ask me if I was "in" for the next big scheme they planned out for the weekend...I'd shake my head and say "Nope." Then a few second later after having endured them staring at me...I'm all like "Okay. Sure." LOL.

Maybe there's something to this after all. And at least it's not illegal.
Old 12-02-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We can win the game. It's not a lock for us to lose.

I just think it would take a complete game to get there. And our guys can do that. Today's game was us getting back to our Great Defense ways again, even with the slip-ups in the secondary today...I think this was a great springboard for us to raise our game a notch next monday night.

But I know the Patriots are a "complete game" type of team, especially when they reach December and when they've been there so many times before.

It has potential to be Game Of The Year.

I'm stoked, actually.
Old 12-02-2012   #25
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We can win the game. It's not a lock for us to lose.

I just think it would take a complete game to get there. And our guys can do that. Today's game was us getting back to our Great Defense ways again, even with the slip-ups in the secondary today...I think this was a great springboard for us to raise our game a notch next monday night.

But I know the Patriots are a "complete game" type of team, especially when they reach December and when they've been there so many times before.

I'm stoked, actually.
Gonna have to take my BP medecine for sure
Old 12-02-2012   #26
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Early forecast 41 degrees, 20% precipitation.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #27
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll feel a LOT better if Johnathan Joseph is out there.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #28
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Maybe...dare we think it...

THE BIGGEST GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!! :-o

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #29
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'll feel a LOT better if Johnathan Joseph is out there.
Unfortunately we only have 1 JJoe, and Brady has about 6 targets he can make look like number 1 guys.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #30
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Maybe...dare we think it...

THE BIGGEST GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!! :-o

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Until the Superbowl!!!

I'll be positive-JJo will be back.

Texans-41
Patriots-38
Old 12-02-2012   #31
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 31 Patriots 21
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #32
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can control the time of possession by a good margin, then they win.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #33
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Come on guys so if we have to play them in the play-offs i guess we are just screwed then huh
It's a road game. This is why getting HFA is so critical. The Texans can afford to drop this game if they win the other three. Then if/when the Pats come to Houston, it's a whole new ball game.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #34
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 6765 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

both teams meeting with a 6 game winning streak going.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #35
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, this game is going to be Kubiak's to win or lose. I don't see us stopping NE's O consistently, so Kubiak has to dial up some offense that makes their weaker D pay. I think it'll be a high scoring shootout and the last team with the ball will win. I hope to see a lot more of Tate and Forsett on Monday night. Foster just can't seem to bust those big runs we're so used to seeing out of him.
Old 12-02-2012   #36
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mods please lock thread these predictions are depressing me

Come on guys so if we have to play them in the play-offs i guess we are just screwed then huh
I see it more like what happened a couple of years ago when the Pats destroyed the Jets on MNF and then played again a few weeks later in the playoffs and the Jets won the one that mattered. If you played the game multiple times in different venues you'd get a different result each time. Past performances won't affect this team. I think they've got rid of the mental stumbling block that hindered us in some games.
Old 12-02-2012   #37
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

In another thread I predicted we lose Monday night but still end up with home field advantage in the play offs. I'm sticking to that.

But if we can beat the Patsies, that would be just wondeerful!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #38
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Ok guys so here it is, today was my birthday and i was hoping for a 40 point win against the titans. Didnt get it so i will move my bday wish to a 40 point win against the Patriots. So i offically change my prediction

Texans 48
Patriots 8
Old 12-02-2012   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok guys so here it is, today was my birthday and i was hoping for a 40 point win against the titans. Didnt get it so i will move my bday wish to a 40 point win against the Patriots. So i offically change my prediction

Texans 48
Patriots 20
Math isn't your strong suit, is it?
Old 12-02-2012   #40
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love for us to beat the Patriots, but I just don't see it happening in New England. The Pats defense isn't that great but their offense is outstanding and scoring points by the bushel full. If this game were in Houston I'd pick us to win, but I think the home field advantage is just to much for us. Pats win in a very close game.

Texans - 27
Patriots - 31

I agree with Thorn though, we still win home field advantage in the playoffs.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read