Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chances the Texans get the #1 seed

I almost made this thread last week, however I didn't want to jinx the team and then everyone blame me for a historic collapse.

Now that they have clinched a spot, we can discuss this.

I've been playing on the old playoff machine over on ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine (For those who want to make their own scenario)

Now, we can lose to NE next week, and still get the #1 seed, as long as we beat Indy twice and the Vikings. That would put our record at 14-2.

Of course, if we beat NE next week, and then beat Indy the week after, we will clinch the #1 seed. Believe it or not, we could still go in as a WC team. Since Indy just won their game, if we were to beat NE and then lose our last three games, two of which are against Indy, we would finish with a record of 12-4. Indy would not only have the same record, but they would also have the tie-breaker over us.

If we beat NE and Minnesota, then we will clinch.

We can lose to NE, but still clinch a bye if we beat Indy once and meat Minnesota.

So for all of those thinking we would rest our players in the last week, doesn't look like that. Depending on how this Patriots game turns out, that last game would be very important for us.

What do y'all think our chances for the #1 seed are?

Indy is pesky. Minnesota could play a trap. and New England is always good this time of year.

These last 4 games could either put us in the drivers seat, or make us road warriors for the playoffs.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chances the Texans get the #1 seed

We could also end up with the 4th seed if we drop games to NE and a couple of those last 2 and end up playing...

Indy in the Wildcard round. We could play them 3 out of 4 weeks.

There really needs to be a better person(computer) in charge of scheduling. Division rivals shouldn't be playing each other twice in the final three weeks. At least one game should be earlier in the season.

I think we end up with the 1st. I think we win the first 2 over Min and Ind and then lose to Ind on the road after we've already clinched it.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #3
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
We could also end up with the 4th seed if we drop games to NE and a couple of those last 2 and end up playing...

Indy in the Wildcard round. We could play them 3 out of 4 weeks.

There really needs to be a better person(computer) in charge of scheduling. Division rivals shouldn't be playing each other twice in the final three weeks. At least one game should be earlier in the season.

I think we end up with the 1st. I think we win the first 2 over Min and Ind and then lose to Ind on the road after we've already clinched it.
In order for us to clinch under that scenario we would need to beat NE.

The best we can do with beating Indy and Minny, is getting a bye.

Old 12-02-2012   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts are the team I want to avoid most right now and they're the one that's filling up half of our remaining schedule. Anyone who thinks that those Colts games will be easy is fooling themselves. They're playing way high right now and they are believers.

This is going to be the roughest 4 game stretch of our season right here and it's for all the marbles as far as the post-season positioning is concerned.
Old 12-02-2012   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Denver beats Baltimore, and SF beats New England, so we should be sitting pretty even if we go 2-2 down the stretch.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Colts are the team I want to avoid most right now and they're the one that's filling up half of our remaining schedule. Anyone who thinks that those Colts games will be easy is fooling themselves. They're playing way high right now and they are believers.

This is going to be the roughest 4 game stretch of our season right here and it's for all the marbles as far as the post-season positioning is concerned.
Dead right.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

100%
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2012   #8
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

its not as close as you think i beleive ravens will lose to giants and to denver.. texans have some lee way
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I think Denver beats Baltimore, and SF beats New England, so we should be sitting pretty even if we go 2-2 down the stretch.
That's the scenario I think happens. Even if we lose to NE if they lose the next week to SF and Den beats Baltimore we would clinch the #1 seed with wins over Min and Ind.

The best NE could do would be 12-4 (with that loss to SF or us).

Baltimore could be 13-3 (if they lose to Den), but even if we lose to NE and the last game to Ind we have the tiebreaker.

Denver could finish 13-3 if they win out and we still have to lose 3 more times over the last 4 for them to get a seed above us.

The best thing to do is beat NE and everything is moot. We'd be up 2 over Baltimore with 3 to play. Up 4 on NE and Den with 3 to play. We basically clinch the #1 with a win against NE.
Old 12-02-2012   #10
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe Indy has done so well this year, before the season started I thought we would breeze through them but not anymore. Our last 4 games are all tough opponents
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I don't think they'll be easy by any stretch. That's why I don't want it to come down to week 17 to decide things.
Old 12-02-2012   #12
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
I can't believe Indy has done so well this year, before the season started I thought we would breeze through them but not anymore. Our last 4 games are all tough opponents
Luck is good, but this season makes me think that some point in the 2011 season, the Colts decided to cash it in and coast for draft position.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #13
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts are still -41 in net points
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #14
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
when your coach has cancer,,and the cheerleaders are shaving there head they are playing for more then just playoffs. they are playing with passion i dont beleive colts will go all the way under a rookie qb but future looks promising.
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
its not as close as you think i beleive ravens will lose to giants and to denver.. texans have some lee way
The only problem with that, is both of those games are at Baltimore.

Baltimore hasn't lost at home all season.

Old 12-02-2012   #16
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have watched the colts play and i may have a different opinion here than most. I dont think they are very good and i dont think they match up very well with us. I think we beat them at home and i think that we will still be fighting for the #1 seed when we play them for the final game so i dont think they will be playing our back-ups. I see us going 3-1 in these last 4 games and knocking the colts out of the wild card.
Old 12-02-2012   #17
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I have watched the colts play and i may have a different opinion here than most. I dont think they are very good and i dont think they match up very well with us. I think we beat them at home and i think that we will still be fighting for the #1 seed when we play them for the final game so i dont think they will be playing our back-ups. I see us going 3-1 in these last 4 games and knocking the colts out of the wild card.
After today they might have a wild card spot almost locked down. It depends on how Cin and Pit do today, but since they still play each other and there aren't a lot of viable options in the AFC still sniffing the playoffs.
Old 12-02-2012   #18
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans have a good shot at it but the team needs to get healthy.
Old 12-02-2012   #19
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

If we can get a win next week, it should be easy crusin from there!

Just get a win over Minnesota, and we will be good.

These next 4 games will tell us what kind of team we have.

Old 12-02-2012   #20
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Ho hum about it. Seems like the Texans play better overall on the road. Especially in tough games.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read