Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2012   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Secondary = Hot Garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

Brice McCain on crutches with a boot on his left foot. #Texans better hope Joseph is ready for Monday.
I am not happy to hear this but if Joseph comes back we'll be ok. We probably lose in New England regardless but Brice McCain borders on worthless to begin with (which says volumes about Harris and Carmichael because McCain is still playing before them).

Without Joseph we're dead in the playoffs. That's just a simple fact.
Old 12-02-2012   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

if the Texans secondary is really hot garbage, how come we're 11-1?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You mean looked good despite the penalties? Harris had about 3 and Roc at least 1. I think penalties were the biggest issue today, along with having half of the defense being new starters.
The penalties are our own fault. We've had opportunities to get these guys in the game for at least two years, but didn't. They're going full-speed for the first time, snap after snap, play after play & not taking a breather in between

It's going to happen. They got it on tape, they'll talk about it, but chances are it's a big deal to both of them & they're thinking about it right now.

Again, I don't care if we loose 59 to 3 against the Pats. We'll be 11-2. I like our chances with both Roc & Harris against the Colts, Vikings, & Colts, we can forfeit that last game & finish 13-3 & have a good chance to win it if we need to be 14-2.

We need a healthy Jjo after our bye week, when the games really matter.

& yes, if we're playing that last game to secure the second seed, I'd still sit Jjo if he's not 100%. I'd force him into the game if we're playing Wild-Card weekend.

Not too worried about Brooks, I think our LBs are going to be better without him in the starting line-up. As long as everyone stays healthy, I'm not trying to force him into the game.
Old 12-02-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I am not happy to hear this but if Joseph comes back we'll be ok. We probably lose in New England regardless but Brice McCain borders on worthless to begin with (which says volumes about Harris and Carmichael because McCain is still playing before them).

Without Joseph we're dead in the playoffs. That's just a simple fact.
Really, despite the obvious errors, I'm liking what I'm seeing from both Harris & Roc over what we've seen from McCain. May look a little skewed since we're watching Roc & Brandon screw up, but their screw ups "equal" McCains alone.

When Jjo comes back, it'll only be one or the other out there screwing up, which I think will be less than McCain.
Old 12-02-2012   #25
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Losing JoJo is huge, because it moves every other CB up... Losing Ball and McCain as well means we are in trouble. That's playing without CB #1, 3, 4...

If JoJo can come back and be his old self again we should be fine!
Exactly.

I was actually impressed with the D considering they were down 3 of their original 4 starting linebackers and 3 of their top 4 CBs.

They still gave up plays and that's not a good thing, but if the O could have produced a decent drive once in the 2nd half it might have made a difference. We can't live with 10 Donnie Jones punts a game. That's inexcusable for an offense with this much talent.
Old 12-02-2012   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Really, despite the obvious errors, I'm liking what I'm seeing from both Harris & Roc over what we've seen from McCain. May look a little skewed since we're watching Roc & Brandon screw up, but their screw ups "equal" McCains alone.

When Jjo comes back, it'll only be one or the other out there screwing up, which I think will be less than McCain.

I hope you're right. I think we've seen McCain's best and we've got four more games to try and find out if Harris or Carmichael can do as well or better.
Old 12-02-2012   #27
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
The announcers brought this up, and I thought it was a valid question. Why don't we play more zone? Playing only man can be dangerous and leave us exposed to big plays.
HMMMM dont know what yall were seeing but to me when we were playing nearly 100% man early in the game we were shutting them down, Then in the 4th we go to this safe defense and give up 15, 20 every play. Havent we all come to expect this when we get a lead ?
Old 12-02-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Not to toot my own horn, but I said Kareem isn't ready to be a #1. He's still got a lot to learn & is still best facing the QB.

I was tempted earlier to post a thread giving the secondary props at the end of the first Qtr. They looked good. Harris, Kareem, McCain, Quin, all got hands on the ball... passes defensed & made good plays. Maning had that one where he had perfect position, had a hand on the ball, just wasn't strong enough to keep that big TE from securing the catch.

But damn. When they tested us deep..... hot garbage is about right.

The thing about it, was Locker didn't have to hold the ball long either for the deep ball. He put plenty of air under it, there was no safety anywhere. Kareem Jackson beat, just throw it out there.

Don't get me wrong, throughout the game they all made plays. It was good to see. But they got abused as well.
So who are the 32 CBs in this league that you consider as better than Jackson?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

When we play zone under R Smith & Bush, people complaint about it.

Wade is a guy who prefers man coverage a major portion of the time and people wants him to go zone !
Old 12-02-2012   #30
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Agree i only saw 1 bad play by KJ today on the long Td where he got beat, but i saw him make A LOT of good plays.
Old 12-02-2012   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Agree i only saw 1 bad play by KJ today on the long Td where he got beat, but i saw him make A LOT of good plays.
I need to rewatch that; I think perhaps he was gambling on an inside route and was wanting to have an early jump and couldn't recover.
Old 12-02-2012   #32
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

we have the dbs good enough to play man, not a ton of teams can do that. jax game had a limping jjo, lions game had ball on megatron for a half, and todays game no jjo or mccain, and the titans scored 10 points.. we will need a healthy jjo against brady. thankfully no gronk for this game..
Old 12-02-2012   #33
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I need to rewatch that; I think perhaps he was gambling on an inside route and was wanting to have an early jump and couldn't recover.
That's what I saw too. Don't forget he jumped a slant route and took it to the house last time we played the Titans. I think he thought they were going back to that route and gambled. It happens.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #34
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
possibly but regardless he still got beat, not hating on him he made way more good plays today than bad, but he looked inside, the WR went outside and KJ couldnt catch up. So all in all he still got beat. BUT he had a damn good day other than that one play
Old 12-02-2012   #35
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are rough man. We played the majority of the game with 2 guys in the secondary who haven't been on the field all year. I guess we have to find something to complain about.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #36
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post
This is getting ridiculous and this is not some knee jerk reaction crap. Something is going to have to change schematically because our current strategy clearly isn't working.

These guys are getting smoked if the pass rush doesn't get there in a nano second. Wait until we play quality QB's and WR's in the playoffs.
We are down to our 4th string CB. What do you expect.

JJO, Ball, McCain, hurt.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
For the years where Dunta started for this team, we didn't have a #1. Same thing happens all over the league. Just because McCain started today, doesn't make him a #2 any more than it makes Kareem a #1
Old 12-02-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
He made some plays. I'm not denying that. Brandon Harris made some plays. Roc Carmichael made some plays. But their "mistakes" makes them a wash.

If Kareem had made an INT on that play where Brit grabbed his helmet.... I'd say that would make up for the "mistakes"

That was perfect coverage by the way & if he could have located that ball.... man.... that would have been sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
That's what I saw too. Don't forget he jumped a slant route and took it to the house last time we played the Titans. I think he thought they were going back to that route and gambled. It happens.
He jumped a post route today & broke up a sure TD.
Old 12-02-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
possibly but regardless he still got beat, not hating on him he made way more good plays today than bad, but he looked inside, the WR went outside and KJ couldnt catch up. So all in all he still got beat. BUT he had a damn good day other than that one play
When I said "couldn't recover", it automatically means "got beat".

But I remember somebody said once that it's good to see a guy gamble once in a while.

He got credited for 2 PDs and was on the tail of the receivers many times, not allowing them time and space to adjust to the throw.

He was solid in tackling, too.

Overall, I would say he had a decent day.
Old 12-02-2012   #40
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
When I said "couldn't recover", it automatically means "got beat".

But I remember somebody said once that it's good to see a guy gamble once in a while.

He got credited for 2 PDs and was on the tail of the receivers many times, not allowing them time and space to adjust to the throw.

He was solid in tackling, too.

Overall, I would say he had a decent day.
I said he had a good day and made A LOT of plays, just noting he got beat once. You should know i would note that

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read