Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2012   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Every year we pickup somebody off the street who makes a difference

This year I think it's Ruud. The guy looks good out there. He looks like he's still got something left in the tank and Wade seems to know how to use him. I think it's either him or Ryan Harris.

But Ruud is like the guy who steps in at the exact perfect moment.
Old 12-02-2012   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Every year we pickup somebody off the street who makes a difference

Rick Smith has been money on street free agents since he got here. Now that salary cap
is manageable we have one of the deepest teams in the NFL. Injuries just don't seem to
throw this team into the cellar. Rick Smith may be young, but Bob McNair knew he struck
gold by signing him.
Old 12-02-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This year I think it's Ruud. The guy looks good out there. He looks like he's still got something left in the tank and Wade seems to know how to use him. I think it's either him or Ryan Harris.

Off the street meaning we picked them up after the year started? Unemployed?

If so, yeah that's Rudd. If we're talking bout FA..... Rick Smith's been working overtime.

I think Harris would be a FA guy. Got him before the season started right?

Alan Ball. Dude's been a beast on ST & he's made some plays on defense.

Forsett. I mean we're all worried about Ben Tate. But that's about Ben being healthy & being ready. I don't think anyone has been like, "we're going to lose with out Ben Tate." Forsett is getting it done while spelling Foster.
Old 12-02-2012   #4
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I def think Ruud, i like the way he looks out there and def seems to be one of the better coverage LBs i have seen ever on the texans.
Old 12-02-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope he continues to impress!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #6
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if HOU will bring in another CB this week.
Cornerback FA
Stanford Routt
Andre’ Goodman
Leigh Bodden
Bryant McFadden
Kelly Jennings
Brandon McDonald
Justin King
Alphonso Smith
Justin Miller (KR)
Elbert Mack
Jonathan Wilhite
Lito Sheppard
Trevard Lindley
Dante Hughes
Byron Westbrook
Nathan Jones
Benny Sapp
Phillip Buchanon (PR)
Donald Strickland
Jonathan Wade
Kevin Thomas
Terrence Wheatley
Karl Paymah
Rod Hood
Frank Walker
Leigh Torrence
Reggie Corner
David Jones
Anthony Madison
Ashton Youboty
Chris Hawkins
Kennard Cox
Will Blackmon (KR/PR)
C.J. Wilson
Morgan Trent
Trumaine McBride
Walter McFadden
Kevin Barnes
Roy Lewis
Prince Miller
Ramzee Robinson
Donald Washington
Syd’Quan Thompson
Ross Ventrone
Jorrick Calvin (KR)
Cletis Gordon
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Cornerback FA
Stanford Routt
Andre’ Goodman
Leigh Bodden
Bryant McFadden
Petey Faggins been working out in his back yard for the last three weeks.

He knows it's almost "Petey Time"
Old 12-02-2012   #8
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Why has Bodden not been picked up decent CB.
Old 12-02-2012   #9
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 315 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember when the Texans really wanted Leigh Bodden? Lol

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #10
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowMe View Post
Remember when the Texans really wanted Leigh Bodden? Lol

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2
I know right, What happened to this guy?
Old 12-02-2012   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't give any accolades to Harris or Ball yet.

Forsett and Ruud have been awesome.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

injuries have taken it's toll on bodden.

i would'nt mind alphonso smith.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think Harris would be a FA guy. Got him before the season started right?
Harris was released on the final cut and signed by the Texans just prior to the season opener, making Harris a street free agent. He was not signed during the free agent period by the Texans.

Quote:
Cornerback FA
Phillip Buchanon (PR)
P-Burnt? Really?
Old 12-02-2012   #14
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

P-Burnt? Really?
you pick him out to represent the list of all FA CB's I listed which were 46 CBs thanks a lot
Old 12-02-2012   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you pick him out to represent the list of all FA CB's I listed which were 46 CBs thanks a lot
Well to be fair, the guy hasn't played football in a couple of years and his name is a curse word to most Texans fans. So I'm not really surprised his name got called out.
Old 12-03-2012   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Agreed. Key to end of Detroit game. Nice football IQ.

There's a good news/bad news thing with the current injuries.

The good news is that most aren't season ending.

The bad news is that with the exception of McCain, these guys while healing from injuries take up a roster spot. That puts a ton of stress on the remaining healthy guys because you can't get a guy off the street to replace them.
Old 12-03-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Over all we have some pretty cheap players at several positions. Bradie James did better that I was expecting.
Old 12-04-2012   #18
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget Ryan Harris.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #19
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith is one of the best GMs out there. Honestly, just compare him to Casserly and Smith looks like a messiah.
Edit: this post is irrelevant until I make the connection that our GM is great at finding diamonds in the rough. I think Lestar Jean might be our next guy, if he stays on the field.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read