Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-02-2012   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andrew Luck responds to advice from former #1 picks

The clip is called "Luck gets guidance from greats" so I'm a little confused as to how David Carr managed to get into this clip but there he was.

Check out David's comment at around the 1:43 mark

David Carr's words of wisdom

Too bad nobody bothered to tell David to focus on playing football when he got here. That's a real shame. I feel terrible that nobody told him to be a football player first.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 12-02-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oliver Luck responds to advice from former #1 picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The clip is called "Luck gets guidance from greats" so I'm a little confused as to how David Carr managed to get into this clip but there he was.

Check out David's comment at around the 1:43 mark

David Carr's words of wisdom

Too bad nobody bothered to tell David to focus on playing football when he got here. That's a real shame. I feel terrible that nobody told him to be football player first.
I saw that a few weeks ago on NFLN before the Colts' Thrursday night game and was dumbstruck. I even thought about starting this thread myself. That comment confirmed what was obvious to all of us around here for years.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr"You have to focus on being a football player first"?

As apposed to what? A supermodel? Hair gel model?

Heaven forbid someone needs to tell you to focus on your damn job and what you are being paid for.

Last edited by Specnatz; 12-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oliver Luck is 52 yoa. and currently the Athletics Director at West Virginia Univ.. ANDREW Luck, Olivers son, is the rookie QB getting the advice.

I catch myself making this same mistake occasionally.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #5
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Oliver Luck is 52 yoa. and currently the Athletics Director at West Virginia Univ.. ANDREW Luck, Olivers son, is the rookie QB getting the advice.

If by occasionally you mean every dang time I say his name then yes, I also occasionally call him Oliver.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr's issue was his family posse . I'm sure Oliver has his own life like Archie Manning and didn't feel the need to sponge off his kid . Heck ... that probably applies to everyone who has been an NFL QB .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oliver Luck is 52 yoa. and currently the Athletics Director at West Virginia.
Texans should take a look at signing him. At least work him out. I think we could fit him under the cap.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2012   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
If by occasionally you mean every dang time I say his name then yes, I also occasionally call him Oliver.
I do it too, all of the time and now I've done it in my thread title.

Mods, leave it be please. I kind of like it wrong like it is.
Old 12-02-2012   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andrew Luck responds to advice from former #1 picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Mods, leave it be please. I kind of like it wrong like it is.
Sorry, but I'm getting a little tired of confusing thread titles. Yours was an honest mistake, but some are deliberately vague or misleading.
Old 12-02-2012   #10
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I saw that a few weeks ago on NFLN before the Colts' Thrursday night game and was dumbstruck. I even thought about starting this thread myself. That comment confirmed what was obvious to all of us around here for years.
I'd never heard him say that before but it's clear that he accepts no responsibility for not being dedicated to his craft. To be a great qb you need to be like the guy that Alec Baldwin describes in glen Gary glen Ross. Carr was not dedicated.
Old 12-03-2012   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Did you guy's see Luck and that game winning drive? That was all DC in his head telling him to be a football player first and foremost.

Well, ok it was actually Carr's dad telling him that. You don't think for a second he wasn't right off camera holding up a cue card do you? I picture him there with a little Hello Kitty backpack full of Carr's snack-packs and juice boxes. But either way Andrew got the message and he's a winner!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read