Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans. 12/1. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Man, **** THE TITANS

Quote:
The Houston Texans are trying to overcome mounting absences as they near another playoff appearance and a franchise milestone, while the Tennessee Titans have made a coordinator change while attempting to keep their slim postseason hopes alive.

The Texans can clinch their second straight playoff berth with a win or tie Sunday when they visit Tennessee, where they've won two of the last three meetings.

A win would also give Houston (10-1) 11 victories for the first time in franchise history. As good as the Texans have been - winning five straight to maintain the AFC's best record - injuries continue to add up and the squad has needed overtime to scrape by mediocre teams each of the last two weeks.

Houston's sixth-ranked defense, which allows 319.7 yards per game, has seen its linebacking corps in particular come under siege. Brooks Reed will miss time with a groin injury suffered in the team's 34-31 win in Detroit on Thanksgiving, and Bradie James is also out with a hamstring injury.

All-Pro linebacker Brian Cushing was already lost for the season to a knee injury Oct. 8. The 458 yards allowed to Jacksonville two weeks ago and the 525 given up to the Lions are the two highest totals yielded by Houston this season.

"I'm concerned about the health of our team right now," said coach Gary Kubiak, who will also be without cornerback Johnathan Joseph (hamstring). "But that's part of this business this time of year, so we've got to figure out a way to be as good as we can be on Sunday. It's something we've got to deal with."

MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts

Quote:
What I want to see:

Time to unleash Foster

..."but Sharkdizzle, we use him all the time!!!" That's not what I meant. What I meant was this: Screens, dump offs, passes in the flat, you name it. Time to get Arian involved in the passing game more and in space. 13 receptions in the last 3 games, but only 45 yards.

Bottle up Chris Johnson (Welcome back, Shaun Cody)

Having Cody back will help when it comes to this matter. Don't let this chump get to running wild and allowing the Titans to gain any confidence. Turn him back into the CJ1K from 2011.

Jump on these clowns early

We haven't ran away from any opponent in basically a month. Time for that to change. Make the Titans weep early like the sorry sacks of you-know-what that they are.

TIME. TO. CLINCH.

Sure it's only a playoff berth and that's not the only thing these boys are striving for, but it IS indeed the first step. With that said, time to get it done and what better team to do it against than the BESF Titans.

That mini-bye is over, fam! Time to get back to work. We've all been waiting patiently after those last two nail-biting finishes, so that break was needed! Time for Baddest Men Alive to take care of business. Y'all know the rules and the goal: 1-0 EVERY WEEK. Nothing has changed. Let's go into Nashville, get win #11, clinch a playoff berth and move on to next one. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!
Old 12-02-2012   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans. 12/1. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Awesome start as always, Shark.

Old 12-02-2012   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans. 12/1. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Yep, let's go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #4
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

The gameday thread is a good thing to see, it tells me to go to f'n sleep already :P

11-1 tomorrow.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I want a repeat of last season @Ten, which was just a royal ass beating of a lifetime. One of the funnest games I watched as a Texans fan.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You're doing good, Shark.

Here's to another win for the Texans.
Let's clinch that biatch
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Got some starters out so Next Man Up is in effect tomorrow.

Trusting the team will come out refreshed and with what has been ailing the D put right.
Old 12-02-2012   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We can clinch a playoff spot, so let's clinch a playoff spot.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite our decimated D, they are 6.5 point favorites (from just 4.5 a few days ago).

If we don't want to see an upset, Wade will have to pay a little more attention to and find a way to disrupt the Titans passing game. I say this because the Titans' new coordinator Dowell Loggains is a former QB coach and has now been said to have specifically simplified the gameplan for Jake Locker in an effort to create more big downfield plays. We better figure out a ways get out pass rush going.......and not leave our CBs on an island without a safety over the top.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
We can clinch a playoff spot, so let's clinch a playoff spot.
Yep. Let's do it. Today.

Go Texans!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'm worried, but, being the homer that I am, I think we will pull this one off. Sometimes our old foes just give us a bad time, and our D is bummed up! Close game!

35-31
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #12
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Clinch a playoff spot and set a new team record for wins in a season....let's do it!
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #13
GregR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans need to turn to Foster more heavily in the passing game I'm of course fine with them doing so. But it doesn't really worry me that Foster isn't utilized this year like he has been in the past.

Texans just haven't needed to use Foster for so many dump offs and screens. The protection has been there and Schaub has been even more comfortable in the pocket, enough to go through his progressions so he's seldom reaching a point that it becomes time to dump it off. One thing that I've thought a few times this year is that Schaub seems to be showing better pocket awareness than in the past. No one will ever call him fleet of foot, but I think he is doing a better job sliding up or to the side and away from pressure. I used to clench when I'd see pressure coming, already in my mind picturing the sack-fumble to come. I've noticed I don't have that reaction as much now, as Schaub's play has given me more confidence he'll elude the pressure long enough to get rid of the ball.

Interested to see what the Titans passing game looks like now. I'm sure I wasn't the only Texans fan who was ecstatic to see when Chris Palmer was hired as their Offensive Coordinator, and not the only one sad to see him go. In addition to an inability to fix the small details his teams get wrong, I think his passing scheme is a poor one for young quarterbacks. Receiver's routes are dictated by what the defense does and there may be 3 or 4 different routes a lone receiver is supposed to run based on the coverage. Too much room for the QB and receiver to not be on the same page. All teams have some option routes, but Palmer's scheme takes it too far.

I think we'll see an improvement from the Titans passing game in that regard, so hopefully we'll be able to get pressure and not give them time take advantage of it. Britt, Wright and Washington are a solid group of receivers... and this new coordinator might actually use Jared Cook at tight end as much as he should be... the lack of opportunities for Cook was one of those head scratchers in the Palmer era. I still think their O-line play is a weakness though, so hopefully our D can exploit that and get pressure.
GregR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #14
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Football and Calculus HW today, imma have fun
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

This game has that blue collar, work hard, slug through, and get the job done feel to it.

Then the real job begins next Monday night.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #16
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Perhaps Locker will throw to our DBs instead - I hope its a good game without any injuries to advance to 11-1!
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Buck Fud and Possum Holler

Go Texans
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 384747 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

-- Texans Week #13 Inactives --
-- Sun Dec 2, 2012 --

ESPN reports today's Houston Texans inactive players include: OG Antoine Caldwell, LB Brooks Reid, CB Alan Ball, LB Bradie James, OT Derek Newton, CB Johnathan Joseph, and WR DeVier Posey.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #19
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Get your brooms out. Time to sweep the Titans!
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #20
GregR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respected

So while sitting around waiting for the game to start, a good time to pop over to the Texans website and cast a few ballots for Pro Bowl. We need to get Duane Brown in as a starter, and last I heard Troy Polamalu was leading at strong safety despite only playing a couple of games this year, so we need to get Quinn in there.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan-zon...llot-2013.html
GregR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read