Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-01-2012   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kansas City Chief Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
http://www.kctv5.com/story/20234680/...hen-kills-self

ESPN said his own mother was witness to the killing of his girlfriend/mother of his child.
Wasn't his mother, it was the victims mother.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #22
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if the Texan's players will make any comments on this tragedy......so sad....

Poor little baby without any parents. I wonder if there will be any funds to help raise her - b/c life insurance does not pay when there is suicide involved.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #23
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad story my condolences to the families.

Peter King story about incident
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...her/index.html
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is an extremely PAINFUL thread to read. For those of us who have had to live with the pain of a loved one commiting such a horrible act, it's very hard to read all the negative comments. After my sister killed herself, and her three children, it took YEARS of therapy for me to accept that she wasn't a coward, she truly just snapped, and reality didn't exist for her anymore. I'm not going into any detail because it brings back to many painful memories, which brings up my reason for posting on his thread at all.

It's the LIVING that has to suffer the pain, not the dead. Yes, it's easy to call this man a coward, but, no family member needs to hear that right now, nor do they want to believe their loved one could do such a horrible thing. A persons psyche can only take so much when they have to deal with such pain. Whether this man was a coward or not will always remain a matter of opinion. Just remember, it's the living that is suffering, and negative comments only intensifies the grief. The pain this family will suffer will NEVER end, so it is my prayer that God will give them the strength to get through each day, one day at a time. They have a long road ahead of them.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Poor little baby without any parents. I wonder if there will be any funds to help raise her - b/c life insurance does not pay when there is suicide involved.
The suicide clause generally only applies to the first two years of a life insurance policy.
Old 12-01-2012   #26
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Prayers to his personal, team and family of friends. I see this as an unexplainable tragedy and a lot of pain before and since the incident. Based on the interviews conducted on ESPN, those close to him are at a loss why he entered such a state of dispair, and there was nothing in his history to suggest he would have made that choice.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The girlfriend was actually a Texas girl who grew up in Garland then moved to Austin before moving to KC.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #28
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This is an extremely PAINFUL thread to read. For those of us who have had to live with the pain of a loved one commiting such a horrible act, it's very hard to read all the negative comments. After my sister killed herself, and her three children, it took YEARS of therapy for me to accept that she wasn't a coward, she truly just snapped, and reality didn't exist for her anymore. I'm not going into any detail because it brings back to many painful memories, which brings up my reason for posting on his thread at all.

It's the LIVING that has to suffer the pain, not the dead. Yes, it's easy to call this man a coward, but, no family member needs to hear that right now, nor do they want to believe their loved one could do such a horrible thing. A persons psyche can only take so much when they have to deal with such pain. Whether this man was a coward or not will always remain a matter of opinion. Just remember, it's the living that is suffering, and negative comments only intensifies the grief. The pain this family will suffer will NEVER end, so it is my prayer that God will give them the strength to get through each day, one day at a time. They have a long road ahead of them.
I don't wish this on my worst enemy. Sorry for what you and your family endured.

As I said before...

I will never understand what makes a human being get to this point. And its the kid I truly weep for. He has to grow up with this legacy now, not to mention not having either parent.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #29
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't make very many blankets statemenst so I never claim that anyone who commits suicide is automatically a coward.

His act was cowardly because he did not choose the option of suicide until authorities (team officials and police) were surrounding him. in the face of taking the punishment for what was a terrible night and morning, he thought it better than to admit his sins to thank the chiefs and pull the trigger.
Old 12-01-2012   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't really had a chance to comment on this but I did hear about it while I was out and about doing Saturday things.....

First off, thoughts and prayers to both families & friends...

Second, I just don't understand it. This guy, an undrafted FA had actually made an impact, i.e. he made some great plays for the lowly Chiefs... WTF makes a man do this???

Truly sad.
Old 12-01-2012   #31
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I wonder if the Texan's players will make any comments on this tragedy......so sad....

Not true.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #32
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just too much to read and fathom.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-news...8942--nfl.html

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- It began like any other Saturday for the Kansas City Chiefs during the NFL season, their general manager and coach at work early to put final touches on this weekend's gameplan. Then they got a call to hurry to the parking lot.

The two men rushed through the glass doors of Chiefs headquarters and came face-to-face with linebacker Jovan Belcher, holding a handgun to his head.

Belcher had already killed his girlfriend and sped the short distance to Arrowhead Stadium, right past a security checkpoint guarding the entrance. Upon finding his bosses, Belcher thanked general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel for giving him a chance in the NFL. Then he turned away and pulled the trigger.

article continues......
Old 12-02-2012   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Wasn't his mother, it was the victims mother.
IDEXAN, that's how it was originally reported, but it was actually his mother.
Old 12-02-2012   #34
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Firstly, my condolences to both of the families as well as to Chiefs nation. I'm also sorry for what you had to go through SheTexan, I can only imagine what you and your family have gone through and I'm sorry for your loss.

You hit the nail on the head with the bold portion and you are absolutely correct! I have seen people that were very down to earth, religious etc etc just snap or couldn't take it anymore and chose to take their own lives.

This doesn't just happen to people with "issues" it can happen to perfectly normal people because for the most part, a person can look normal on the outside but on the inside their is so much going on its difficult to fathom.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 376621 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WTF makes a man do this???
I don't know, I see these as domestic violence. Ultimate act of control.

But being a football player, I have to wonder about brain injury contributing to a diminished mental state?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 376621 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The girlfriend was actually a Texas girl who grew up in Garland then moved to Austin before moving to KC.
She was a cousin of RB Jamaal Charles' wife, who introduced them.
Old 12-02-2012   #37
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thank you for sharing.

His suicide I can 'understand' as in the action of a person not doing well. It's tragic and very sad. The murder of the girlfriend and mother to his 3mth old baby, and the subsequent suicide in front of two other people, that I cannot understand.

All in all a horrible, terrible and sad story, it hurts all.

Family and friends are in my thoughts.
Old 12-02-2012   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Logic can be defied in the flash of an instant. Insane acts can be performed by perfectly sane people in the instant of a "perfect storm" environment.
Old 12-03-2012   #39
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Who really knows if it was a "flash act" ? Perhaps it was premeditated, an option he'd been contemplating for sometime ? We will never know will we ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Brady Quinn ..... respect.

Quote:
The one thing people can hopefully try to take away, I guess, is the relationships they have with people. I know when it happened, I was sitting and, in my head, thinking what I could have done differently.

When you ask someone how they are doing, do you really mean it? When you answer someone back how you are doing, are you really telling the truth?

We live in a society of social networks, with Twitter pages and Facebook, and that’s fine, but we have contact with our work associates, our family, our friends, and it seems like half the time we are more preoccupied with our phone and other things going on instead of the actual relationships that we have right in front of us. Hopefully people can learn from this and try to actually help if someone is battling something deeper on the inside than what they are revealing on a day-to-day basis.”
What are you guys going to do for Jovan’s daughter?
Quote:
“We are going to try to put together a fund for her. Obviously, without having either parent in her life now I think it is important that she understands what type of love that she should get from a family, and Jovan was part of our family. We make sure to take care of our own, so we want to try to put together a fund and we will have more information and details as to where you can go to donate, but we just want her to understand. You know, at one point in time she might have some questions in life and we want her to understand how much she is loved and not reflect back on a thing like this and look on it in a negative way. Hopefully she can understand, try to find a peace with it and move forward with her life.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read