Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-01-2012   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kansas City Chief Suicide

http://www.kctv5.com/story/20234680/...hen-kills-self
Old 12-01-2012   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kansas City Chief Suicide

I am seeing some Chiefs fans saying it's Jovan Belcher.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jovanbelcher/2507746/profile
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, horrific. They haven't even released names yet. Thoughts and prayers to all those involved.
Old 12-01-2012   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Thought and prayers to girlfriends and players family. Sad stuff. I read on one blog that presumption was LB Jovan Belcher.
Old 12-01-2012   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I am seeing some Chiefs fans saying it's Jovan Belcher.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jovanbelcher/2507746/profile
There's a KC sports talk station who is reporting this same thing.
Old 12-01-2012   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Saw the same thing on deadspin a few minutes ago. Possibly in front of Crennel and Pioli after killing his girlfriend. Really weird, sad stuff. My prayers are with Chiefs nation this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-01-2012   #7
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

What I am reading, and take this with a grain of salt, that Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, drove to the practice facility, then shot himself.

Sad stuff.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 239143 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
What I am reading, and take this with a grain of salt, that Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, drove to the practice facility, then shot himself.

Sad stuff.
Yeah, ESPN said murder suicide.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just terrible for everyone involved. What sad news.
Old 12-01-2012   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

From New York Post

Quote:
KC Chiefs' Jovan Belcher fatally shoots girlfriend, self: reports

From ASSOCIATED PRESS
Last Updated: 12:00 PM, December 1, 2012
Posted: 11:21 AM, December 1, 2012

KANSAS CITY, Mo. A 25-year-old Kansas City Chiefs player killed his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and turned the gun on himself, committing suicide as two team officials were confronting him, police said.

The player is Jovan Belcher, a linebacker from West Babylon, NY, according to multiple reports.

KCTV 5 says police told them coaches confronted Belcher in Arrowhead Stadium's parking lot, and while they were talking to him, as cops were arriving, he shot himself in the head.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said authorities received a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex. Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' practice facility.
Getty Images
Jovan Belcher

"About (7:50 a.m), we got a call to a residence, in regards to a shooting, on the 5400 block of Crysler Ave," Snapp told NFL.com. "We arrived and the lady there informed us that her daughter had been shot by her on-again, off-again boyfriend. The young woman was taken to a local hospital, where she died a short time later.

"At about 8:10 a.m., we received a call to the Arrowhead practice facility in regards to a black male armed with a gun in the parking lot, and he matched the description of the shooting suspect," Snapp continued. "Officers arrived, saw a black man with a gun to his head, and some Chiefs employees. As the officer got out of his car, he heard a gunshot. It appeared the individual shot himself. He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead."

Arrowhead Stadium has been lockdown since about 8 a.m.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #11
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67068 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad when I know what story I am going to be having to put together tonight at work.

I will never understand what makes a human being get to this point. I have had a rough year and never in my wildest nightmares does this result ever come out.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Tyrer
Death
This series of business misfortunes culminated on September 15, 1980 when Tyrer, the father of four, shot his wife and then committed suicide by turning the gun on himself.[1] He is survived by his four children - Tina, Brad, Stefanie, and Jason. His four grandchildren are Braden, Truman, Austin, and Luke.
As a Chiefs fan, I'm sorry to report this isn't the first time such a tragedy has
happened to a Chiefs player & family.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

To hell with him. Good riddance to a murderer. He saved us millions by not getting himself put in the legal system.
Old 12-01-2012   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Kansas City Chief Suicide

Coward. Murder suicide people are such cowards. Just skip the murder and go straight to the suicide. Should have just killed himself in a nice quiet place. Now his baby in parentless. And I feel for the Chiefs coaching staff.

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
To hell with him. Good riddance to a murderer. He saved us millions by not getting himself put in the legal system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Coward. Murder suicide people are such cowards. Just skip the murder and go straight to the suicide. Should have just killed himself in a nice quiet place. Now his baby in parentless. And I feel for the Chiefs coaching staff.

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected.
Very much agree. Without knowing the facts, IF it was indeed a murder/suicide, man, just kill your own damned self and leave those who want to live alone.

Last edited by Showtime100; 12-01-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #16
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67068 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Very much agree. Without knowing the facts, IF it was indeed a murder/suicide, man, just kill your owm damned slf and leave those who want to live alone.
My heart aches for that kid.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Supposedly he did it in front of Crennel and Pioli. Just bizarre.
Old 12-01-2012   #18
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

When your whole existence/legacy in this world comes down to creating pain, sorrow, misery and trauma--you're just pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Being blessed to make it to the NFL, being a high income earner, having access to the security that comes from savings $, beautiful paid off home (presumably), nice cars and being able to be a guiding father to your child and this is how you repay society???

Thanksgiving 2012 "Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours" -Facebook picture caption

A Bentley Continental GT similar to this was towed from the Chiefs facility. NFL network showed this decent 3 car garage, 2 story home (probably the home from the above thanksgiving 2012 pics above)
With his now 3 mo. old recently coming into this world, it would seem he had everything to live for.

Last edited by MEGA SWATT; 12-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder howthe chiefs will play now .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 239143 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Belcher approached Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel outside of the practice facility, thanked them for all they had done for him and shot himself in the head as police arrived.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/20234680/...hen-kills-self

ESPN said his own mother was witness to the killing of his girlfriend/mother of his child.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read