Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Watt is tops in disrupted dropbacks new ESPN stat system

Basically, its a stat created to make apples-to-oranges comparisons on the impact defenders at different positions in different schemes have against passing games. Want to know how a 3-4 end and a cover-2 corner are influencing passing games?
Full Article
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...pted-dropbacks
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watt is tops in disrupted dropbacks new ESPN stat system

Now they need to do the same thing for running plays and then combine the two to get an overall metric to see who's disrupting the offense period.

I'm willing to bet that Watt would win in a landslide.
Old 11-30-2012   #3
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Now they need to do the same thing for running plays and then combine the two to get an overall metric to see who's disrupting the offense period.

I'm willing to bet that Watt would win in a landslide.
No question about it. That would be very cool if they did, and I think if people saw the numbers I am not sure anyone in their right mind could vote for anyone else other than JJ Watt for DPOY. Hell, I'd personally make Watt my MVP.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
No question about it. That would be very cool if they did, and I think if people saw the numbers I am not sure anyone in their right mind could vote for anyone else other than JJ Watt for DPOY. Hell, I'd personally make Watt my MVP.
MVP is going to one of Manning, Brady or Rogers. Probably one of the first two.
Old 12-01-2012   #5
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
MVP is going to one of Manning, Brady or Rogers. Probably one of the first two.
Oh I'm sure you are right. That doesn't make it the right choice. They are the sexy picks. But there is no doubt in my mind that Watt has been the Most Valuable Player in football this year. No question at all.
Old 12-01-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Nearly 50% better than anyone else, including VON MILLER
Old 12-01-2012   #7
Say Watt
Site Contributor

There are at least 3-4 games this year that I don't think we win if JJ Watt isn't playing. What he has done this season has been nothing short of extraordinary.
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt leads the league in badassery
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
There are at least 3-4 games this year that I don't think we win if JJ Watt isn't playing. What he has done this season has been nothing short of extraordinary.
I have said that exact same thing to a few people. Agreed 100%

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read