Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-30-2012   #41
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For?

Oh. I almost forgot.

I like UT sometimes, because my sister went to school there. I love Austin, one of the coolest places I have ever been.

At the same time, it is very hard not to root against them. Especially with all of those commercials telling me to demand LHN.

No, ESPN. I don't want Longhorn Network.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #42
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always had a soft place for the KC Chiefs, sorta that underdog team that you hope will some day get it right and build a winning team. I also respect the hell out of the Pittsburgh Steelers organization due the Rooney family and all they've done for football over the years.

Teams I strongly dislike:
Titans-aholes
Patriots-aholes
Jets
Cowboys, not the team but Jerry Jones is an ahole.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #43
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

NINERS!! Been a passionate fan of the Niners since I was a teen. I presently have a Niner blanket on one end of my couch and a TEXAN one on the other end! I have a large Texan, and Niner, snowman sitting on top of my computer table. My TEXAN tree shares a branch or two with the Niners! Just a reminder, everyday, of how close my dream of seeing my two favorite teams meet up in the SB just might be to coming true. The ONLY time I pull against them is when they play our TEXANS!!

Cowboys, Titans, and Saints are my "I HATE YOU" teams! I pull for whoever they are playing. If they play each other, I don't watch.

In big games that the Texans are not involved in, I usually pull for the underdog, unless it involves one of the three above mentioned teams!

Just to be COMPLETELY clear on this matter, our TEXANS are #1 in my life!! IF we do meet up in the SB, the Niners can kiss my fat old butt!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans all the way for me.

And root for whoever plays the Titans. I live for the day that Houston has a championship and the Titans go 0-16 for a couple of seasons.

I respect some people a lot, but do not actively wear their gear or root for their teams unless it's a playoff situation that does not involve our hometown team (which has been easy up to last year, now I want everyone in the AFC to blow up so our Texans can have an easier road to NOLA).
Old 11-30-2012   #45
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a soft spot for the Pats only because I like Tom Brady, no homo. OK, maybe just a little bit homo, and my 6 year old step-daughter has a major crush on him now.

I hate the Titans with every fiber of my being and wish nothing but bad things for that franchise. Also despise the Saints.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I have a soft spot for the Pats only because I like Tom Brady, no homo. OK, maybe just a little bit homo, and my 6 year old step-daughter has a major crush on him now.

I hate the Titans with every fiber of my being and wish nothing but bad things for that franchise. Also despise the Saints.
He is one of the guys that I have tremendous respect for, and the partnership between him and Belichick is a thing of wonder. But I had to stop rooting for them this season because they are a threat to our team's success. I do not want to see the Patriots in the post-season, but it's probably inevitable.
Old 11-30-2012   #47
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Packers

Because:

-I've been up there a few times and it's a nice part of the country (except in the Winter).

-The history involved with the organization and people

-They're owned by the people, not the man

I don't really have a favorite college team. I like watching them all. I could watch college football all day long when the wife allows it
Old 11-30-2012   #48
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My family moved to KC when I was 8, and I watched the Chiefs win Super Bowl IV when I was nine. Lived in the KC area until I moved to Houston in 1984, and have continued to be a Chiefs fan, although it's a distant second to the Texans. The Chiefs current ownership and management are definitely making it a challenge to continue to be a fan.
Old 11-30-2012   #49
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Whoever is playing the Cowboys.
LOL! This!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #50
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

I pull for Peyton Manning, I enjoy watching him play and I like to see him doing well this year until he meets the Texans again.

I watch the cowboys and would really enjoy it if both the Texans and Cowboys became really good teams so that we might have a few runs at an all Texas super bowl
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #51
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Simple as A B C!
Anybody But the Cowboys!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #52
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I grew up an Oiler fan and was loyal until they left. When they did leave the local media tried to shove the Cowboys down my throat and pissed me off. I became a Texans fan the moment they formed and were playing around with calling themselves the "Rough-necks". I begrudgingly became a Steeler fan when they played the Cowboys in that Superbowl which the quarterback whose name I shall NEVER utter threw three interceptions to the same talentless DB and GAVE Dallas their 5th ring. The Steelers became my #2 team when a rookie back up QB took over their offense and brought them to an AFC championship and then won a SUPERBOWL a couple of years later (tying the Cowgirls) and then a couple of years later I bought my terrible towel. when they won #6 and shut the Cowboys up they forever became my #2 team. My #3 team is WHOEVER is playing the Cowgirls THIS WEEK!

To recap. My teams are.

#1 Texans!

#2 Pittsburgh Steelers

ANYBODY Who is playing the Dallas Cowboys!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans, of course.

Whoever is playing the Cowboys or Tinnbreds.

If the Cowboys are playing the Tinnbreds?
I hope the stadium collapses on both teams.
Old 11-30-2012   #54
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Montana and Rice growing up so I still partially follow SF. I also liekd Elway as he seemed like a genuine good guy. I dislike New England, New Jersey A(Giants), New Jersey B(Jets), Tennessee, and Dallas.

My teams are:

Texans
Broncos
49ers

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #55
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Texans, of course.

Whoever is playing the Cowboys or Tinnbreds.

If the Cowboys are playing the Tinnbreds?
I hope the stadium collapses on both teams.
Yet another reason Bill rules. Honestly watching the TITans lose is just comedy for me.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #56
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I root for the Texans and anybody playing the Cowboys, Titans, Colts and Jags. And of course, Harvard Crimson. I hate the NCAA for specifically targeting us in '78 by splitting division 1 football into 2 subdivisions.

Did I mention anybody playing the Cowboys?
Old 11-30-2012   #57
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Vikings and cowboys

You know Wolf, I used to like you....

Old 11-30-2012   #58
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland Raiders first and foremost. I root for the Texans second because I live in Houston, and I also have a soft spot for the Redskins nowadays (hated them growing up) because the rest of my family supports them . . . and RG3 is fun to watch. And yes, that means I root for the Raiders when they play the Texans.
Old 12-01-2012   #59
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Nobody.

Nobody.

really tho i like the under dogg loser teams like

Browns
CHeifs
buffalo

and on the NFC i really dont like much teams since i focus more on the AFC

Last edited by Norg; 12-01-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #60
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I like to see top NFC and top AFC teams not named texans -lose --so I'll root for the other team (underdog). In doing so, if a conflict arises where that means rooting for an afc south rival - I basically root for an outcome that most favorably impacts the texans.

As for a regular team that I root for as a general rule after the texans - No
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read