Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-29-2012   #1
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 77363 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For?

As Texan fans, I'm assuming everyone here always root for the Texans, and for any team in a position to help the Texans with a victory. Hell I've even cheered for the cowgirls before if I thought it was needed. But at other times, is there a team that you always cheer for? A team you keep up with, pull for, like, etc? If so, why? Grow up in that city? A special connection to a player on that team? Just admire the way the franchise has always operated?

Owning my business, I meet a lot of people. It's amazing how many people in Houston are "Texans Fans", but yet in their homes I see items from other NFL teams. Usually it's there home city, and they've adopted the Texans as their new team. When I ask what happens when they play each other, it usually seems like the "home" team would get the support.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For?

Nobody.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 61122 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

My fantasy team.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

The Aggies

No other NFL team. but I have plenty I root against......
Old 11-29-2012   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

the spurs, everybody on my fantasy team, whoever plays dallas, and sometimes the niners....... :-p
Old 11-29-2012   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Niners, but with about a quarter of the feeling I have for the Texans.....less actually.

My wife is a Niner and since we met and got together around 2001 these two teams have mirrored each other to an almost astounding degree so I can't help but sympathize and empathize.

We went to the Niners-Texans in 2009 and it turned out to be one hell of a game after Houston went up 21-0 at the half. The introduction of Alex Smith as I think of it. He took over in the 3rd and damned near pulled the game out.

Looking to hook up with them in New Orleans.
Old 11-29-2012   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

No other NFL team, but there are a few teams I hate a little less than the others Okay, truthe be told, there's a couple teams I am "neutral" about.
Old 11-29-2012   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i've always liked the steelers because from what little i remember back then, the games between them and the oilers were great.
Old 11-29-2012   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll root for the Seahawks if it doesn't conflict with anything Texans related. I used to do the same for the 49ers, but now they present more of a mental threat to me. If the Seahawks get really good, the same will probably happen to them.

Also, anybody playing the Cowpies I'll root for during that game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #10
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 77363 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

For me, there's not one team I side with other than the Texans. I watch a lot of football, and the team I pull for in one week I may be against next week. Just depends on the situation. I used to pull for the Saints a lot because of the Bum and Earl connection. And then they were so bad for so long you just couldn't help but feel bad for them. But with all the Katrina idiots who brought their douchiness to Houston along with their Who Dat crap, I generally don't like the saints now. Tonight I want them to whip the falcons so I can stop hearing so much about how great matty iced cold beer is.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I root for the Titans

to lose.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I was a Rams fan for 20 years before the Texans. So I guess the Rams.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #13
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever is playing the Cowboys.
Old 11-29-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers because one of my best friends has always been a huge Steeler fan. They were my replacement team (to the extent that I paid any attention to football then) when the Oilers left town.

I feel bad for Cleveland fans and so I always look to see if they upset whoever was scheduled to beat them this week.

NCAA I follow the Cougars and to a lesser extent the rest of the Texas teams with the exceptions of Baylor and A&M. Both can go straight to hell for all I care and every time they lose I enjoy it immensely.
Old 11-29-2012   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Vikings and cowboys
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Actively root for? Usually the underdog (unless the underdogs are the Steelers or Titans, if both the Steelers and Titans are playing each other, then I root for a meteor to hit the stadium) of whatever game I'm watching or whatever team I predicted to win in pick'em.
Old 11-29-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
As Texan fans, I'm assuming everyone here always root for the Texans, and for any team in a position to help the Texans with a victory.
I don't really "root" for another NFL team. I follow the Cowboys somewhat only because there are a lot of Cowboy fans in the family & there seems to be no end to comedic material.

Other than that, I root for players, not necessarily because of my fantasy team, but just because I appreciate good players. Peyton Manning... GOAT (well my lifetime for sure). Tony Gonzales....... ageless. Ray Lewis, the embodiment of Football. Jacoby, living the dream. Tebow, just because he upsets so many people. Sproles, Harvin, McCluster..... just real fun to watch. And a bunch of others.
Old 11-29-2012   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I've stopped watching NFL games that don't involve the texans. I don't root for any other team. I'm just a hometown team type of guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #19
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Whoever is playing the Cowboys.

This and I am a huge UH Cougar fan.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #20
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Nobody.
I just pull for any team playing teams I dislike - like the Cowboys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read