Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2012   #1
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Boot Throwback

I don't think this has been posted yet. Apologies, if it has. Article goes in depth why Texans' boot throwback is so difficult to defend. It details the play in the Lions game, including where they lined up, what they tried to do, what Lions read and what actually happened. I thought the detail was interesting.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...throwback-play
idymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boot Throwback

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
I don't think this has been posted yet. Apologies, if it has. Article goes in depth why Texans' boot throwback is so difficult to defend. It details the play in the Lions game, including where they lined up, what they tried to do, what Lions read and what actually happened. I thought the detail was interesting.

Rep for you, my good man.

Nice find. thanks for posting it.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the read.

It's more complicated than that, like that coach said; lots of cans with lotsa worms, LOL.

Schaub is the king.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Thanks for the read.

It's more complicated than that, like that coach said; lots of cans with lotsa worms, LOL.

Schaub is the king.
I heard somewhere that Schaub has around twice as many 20+ yard play action pass plays as the next QB on the list.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I heard somewhere that Schaub has around twice as many 20+ yard play action pass plays as the next QB on the list.
We run it a lot but it is also the quality. Watching other QB's around the league can be comical with their drop failing to bring their torso around or even looking at the RB - it ends up just being a vague wave of the ball in the RB's general direction. Or you get the QB's with the exaggerated hand off - all the sudden their arm is pencil straight when they are yards from the RB - "hey guys, no really, this is going to be a hand off."
Old 11-29-2012   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post

I thought this was about some kind of throwbacks uniforms with boots on the helmet or something.
Old 11-29-2012   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
We run it a lot but it is also the quality. Watching other QB's around the league can be comical with their drop failing to bring their torso around or even looking at the RB - it ends up just being a vague wave of the ball in the RB's general direction. Or you get the QB's with the exaggerated hand off - all the sudden their arm is pencil straight when they are yards from the RB - "hey guys, no really, this is going to be a hand off."
Yup. Matt IMO is the best at it in the bidness. Peyton's not too far behind but not nearly as fluid and doesn't sell it as well.

I LOVE that play.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2012   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno... The article and pic of Andre sorta portrayed the Texans offense (and I honestly didn't read it in great detail) as a "one trick pony"... This isn't true whenever we all know this offense relies on the run and tight ends, or even slot receivers not to include Arian slipping out of the backfield. (although this has been less prevelant this season compared to last season).
Old 11-29-2012   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this set up, the play where OD snuck down the los and then went deep on a wheel route for a td a few weeks back was a thing of beauty, hopefully they try this again soon

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read