Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-18-2012   #441
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Sproles, Amendola or Jordy? Pick 2.

League is PPR.
Amendola & Nelson.
Old 11-18-2012   #442
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Amendola & Nelson.
Yep.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #443
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks! That is who I had in my lineup.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #444
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you guys think I should do at RB? I am hurting, and I just lost Magahee for the year too. Here's what I am looking at:

Mendenhall
Dwyer

Turner
Jaquizz Rodgers

Jalen Parmele

I had to get two of my guys handcuffed just to have someone guranteed to start. Lance Ball is available, but I'd have to drop someone, Romo is about the only one I would drop but that might help out a competitor. There's a log jam at 7-4, including me.

In the flex I am starting Cecil Shorts at WR. I could throw in a 3rd RB but right now I feel better about my receivers, it is a PPR league. My two starting WR's are Marshall and Denarius Moore. (Maclin, Rice, and Kendall Wright on the bench).
Old 11-24-2012   #445
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
What do you guys think
Parmele and Mendenhall for me. Agree with Shorts at flex, although you could consider Rice.
Old 11-25-2012   #446
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Parmele and Mendenhall for me. Agree with Shorts at flex, although you could consider Rice.
Thanks and repped!
Old 11-25-2012   #447
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to start a flex and a WR2. My options are:

Sproles,Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Parmele

League is PPR. I am leaning Sproles and Jordy.
Old 11-28-2012   #448
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a tough call.

I need to start 3...Only one is a easy decision.

Andre Johnson (obv)
Antonio Brown vs BAL
Titus Young vs IND
Greg Little @ OAK
Mario Manningham vs STL

I am in 5th and am playing the 1st place team, need to win to ensure the playoff spot.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #449
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I have a tough call.

I need to start 3...Only one is a easy decision.

Andre Johnson (obv)
Antonio Brown vs BAL
Titus Young vs IND
Greg Little @ OAK
Mario Manningham vs STL

I am in 5th and am playing the 1st place team, need to win to ensure the playoff spot.
That is tough. AJ and Antonio Brown would be definite starts for me. I'd probably lean Little for the 3rd player, but all 3 are on about the same level. More potential with Little IMO.
Old 11-30-2012   #450
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

at running back need to start 2 of 3

Marshawn Lynch @ Bears
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Redskins
CJ Spiller vs. Jaguars

Right now I am leaning Lynch and Spiller...

But with Brown out Bradshaw could be getting more looks in the red zone
Lynch vs Bears in Chicago also has me a bit worried.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #451
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Three defenses to choose from.
Texans at Patriots
Chargers at Pittsburgh
KC Chiefs at Browns

I currently own the Texans but the other two are available. Texans are the #4 best defense in my league, but the Pats are the #1 worst matchup in my league for defenses.

Chargers are 7th best and Pitt is 25th worst matchup
Browns are 11th best defense and KC is 30th worst matchup

What would you do?
Old 12-06-2012   #452
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What would you do?
I'd go Browns with Joe Haden playing. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2012   #453
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd go Browns with Joe Haden playing. Good luck.
I like the Browns also, although I'd be tempted to stick with Houston. That might just be the homer in me talking.
Old 12-06-2012   #454
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Three defenses to choose from.
Texans at Patriots
Chargers at Pittsburgh
KC Chiefs at Browns

I currently own the Texans but the other two are available. Texans are the #4 best defense in my league, but the Pats are the #1 worst matchup in my league for defenses.

Chargers are 7th best and Pitt is 25th worst matchup
Browns are 11th best defense and KC is 30th worst matchup

What would you do?
Ha, I have the Texans DST in one league and I picked up the Bills defense to fill in for them this week. I'd go Browns as well.
Old 12-06-2012   #455
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Injuries have taken out 4 of my players(McFaddin,McCoy,Jordy,Harvin), so I've had to scramble (5 trades/pickups) to build something for a playoff run. What's your opinion on...

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB
Johnathon Dwyer PIT v. SD

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

performance, non-PPR

Last edited by Playoffs; 12-06-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added scoring
Old 12-06-2012   #456
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Injuries have taken out 4 of my players(McFaddin,McCoy,Jordy,Harvin), so I've had to scramble (5 trades/pickups) to build something for a playoff run. What's your opinion on...

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB
Johnathon Dwyer PIT v. SD

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI
Brown is way too hot to bench right now.

Cobb for sure and probably Williams. I don't love Mike Williams but Philly has a terrible pass defense. Moore had a decent game against Denver earlier in the season but I fear he might see a lot of Bailey. Jennings I don't feel like you can trust yet.

Myers is rolling especially if it's ppr but Rudolph has also been a solid start over the last few weeks. You really can't go wrong here but personally I would go Myers.
Old 12-06-2012   #457
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I am not sure if I should play Denarius Moore tonight. My other WR's are Brandon Marshall (shows questionable but should play), Cecil Shorts (concussion, doesn't look good for him to suit up), and Moore is usually my 3rd WR.

Guys on the bench are:
Maclin
Kendall Wright
Sidney Rice (also questionable)

I have to decide on Moore by tonight. Since he's healthy, I might just have to leave him in, cause if Shorts can't go (and he probably can't) than it's a toss up for one of these three.

Thoughts?
Old 12-06-2012   #458
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd definetly play Moore - the matchup is good, and with Peyton he should get some good points. I'd say he is a much safer bet than Wright or Maclin - and with all the questionables I'd say go for it!
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #459
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I'd definetly play Moore - the matchup is good, and with Peyton he should get some good points. I'd say he is a much safer bet than Wright or Maclin - and with all the questionables I'd say go for it!
Yeah, kind of where I am leaning. I shouldn't have even typed the name Maclin, I am to scared to play him, that QB situation in Philly has really hurt his fantasy value.

I'll probably replace Shorts with Rice if needed.
Old 12-06-2012   #460
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yeah, kind of where I am leaning. I shouldn't have even typed the name Maclin, I am to scared to play him, that QB situation in Philly has really hurt his fantasy value.

I'll probably replace Shorts with Rice if needed.
I feel you... I have Maclin burning a hole in my bench as well...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read