Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2012   #61
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worried about Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Who is going to plague us for years.

Dont you think its a lil early to make that assumption? right now is a very emotinal time for this colts team. they are playing with purpose..maybe luck will hit rookie wall but ya we have gotten lucky with the QB postion lol
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #62
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
Dont you think its a lil early to make that assumption? right now is a very emotinal time for this colts team. they are playing with purpose..maybe luck will hit rookie wall but ya we have gotten lucky with the QB postion lol
Yeah, I would have preferred you guys draft someone like... oh... let me think... Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #63
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Wow disaacks, axe to grind much? LOL.

Maybe I'm not the one who needs to "dial it back" tbh.

Take a breath. Look, I'll respond to your post in a second with a specially-crafted re-explanation of myself since I don't think you're really tuning into what i am saying on this whole topic of our remaining schedule and stuff.
I took a breath. You're the one with paragraphs-long rants about the woes of this team. Do you even bother to read half the stuff you post?

Quote:
Hey disaacks: I'd like you to go back to the following Game Day threads, please:

Jets game.

Bears game.

Jags game.

I'm not trying to brag here, I'm just saying that your attempt to paint me as a Doug Downer is patently incorrect. But you're obviously bent on portraying me that way, since I'm an easy target for that (i.e. GP doesn't pump sunshine like some Super Fans do). Fine. Have fun with it.
Those threads are irrelevant to the discussion that you brought forth in here. In the heat of the game, many will throw up a hue and cry about playcalling, but only a select few do so week after week, thread after thread, no matter the record.

Look up, read the thread title again. See that word Minnesota? Now scroll back through your posts...see that word Patriots? It doesn't belong in here. References to how you think the Patriots are playing "almost flawless ball" are not only laughable, but don't belong in this thread.

So, yes, we have quite clear, unmitigated proof that not only are you the debbie downer in THIS thread, but that you have an issue staying on topic as well. Feel free to keep proving the point.
Old 11-29-2012   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Without a crucial fumble by the Bears' RB Bush, that game likely ends 13-10 in favor of Bears.
Again, that fumble didn't just happen. Michael Bush isn't known for coughing it up. That was our defense that forced that fumble. So I don't think it's fair to our struggling defense to say things like, "without a crucial fumble" or "If Cutler didn't get hurt"

We did that, just like we allowed a 28 yard rushing TD.
Old 11-29-2012   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I took a breath. You're the one with paragraphs-long rants about the woes of this team. Do you even bother to read half the stuff you post?

Those threads are irrelevant to the discussion that you brought forth in here. In the heat of the game, many will throw up a hue and cry about playcalling, but only a select few do so week after week, thread after thread, no matter the record.

Look up, read the thread title again. See that word Minnesota? Now scroll back through your posts...see that word Patriots? It doesn't belong in here. References to how you think the Patriots are playing "almost flawless ball" are not only laughable, but don't belong in this thread.

So, yes, we have quite clear, unmitigated proof that not only are you the debbie downer in THIS thread, but that you have an issue staying on topic as well. Feel free to keep proving the point.
Playcalling is a problem. Herv sees it, among many others. It's been a signature problem for years now. Kubiak has become better at it, i.e. "less halfback passes near the end zone," but he's still a bit behind the curve when it comes to calling a complete game from start to finish.

I have no shame in blasting him for it. Especially since I give him mad props in a multitude of other areas: (1) His ability to understand and craft a GREAT offensive system, (2) His ability to take blame and deflect criticism of his players, (3) His ability to make people stick with him through thick and through thin, (4) His talent of picking great players to play within his system and maximize them in their roles. On and on and on.

Don't throw out a singular issue and try to say it negates everything else I've said. This makes you look like a Strawman Builder and Burner, disaacks. I don't know why you're going to these lengths to be this overly aggressive with me, but maybe you should watch less pro wrestling. Let the pro wrestlers storm down the aisle and interfere with the match, it doesn't look good here.
Old 11-29-2012   #66
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Again, that fumble didn't just happen. Michael Bush isn't known for coughing it up. That was our defense that forced that fumble. So I don't think it's fair to our struggling defense to say things like, "without a crucial fumble" or "If Cutler didn't get hurt"

We did that, just like we allowed a 28 yard rushing TD.
When you win because a kicker doinks one off the goal post. When you eek out a win because your defense got ran on and then coughed up the ball near the goal line just before a TD was going to be scored. When you can't stop a journeyman QB and a rookie WR from having a field day with your secondary. When things like that happen, you absolutely must look at that and think, "What would happen if we played a really REALLY good team like the Patriots?"

And with the Vikings, they're not a great team. For the life of me I don't know how the conversation here gets framed in a way that makes it sound like I think our team is trash and the Vikings are Too Legit To Quit superstars bound for the Super Bowl. LOL. All I am saying is that the winds are blowing, the injury bug has bitten us, and other teams have pride to play for...some have the #1 seed on their mind...so it's OK for a Texans fan to be a bit leery of both the Vikings and the Patriots and for different reasons.
Old 11-29-2012   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When you win because a kicker doinks one off the goal post. When you eek out a win because your defense got ran on and then coughed up the ball near the goal line just before a TD was going to be scored. When you can't stop a journeyman QB and a rookie WR from having a field day with your secondary. When things like that happen, you absolutely must look at that and think, "What would happen if we played a really REALLY good team like the Patriots?"
I'm not denying we have issues. The post you quoted simply stated we forced that fumble you previously inferred we were lucky it happened.

Our kicker missed a field goal (or two or three), our pass rush went AWOL for much of the games. Our secondary struggled. All that's true, I'm not denying.

But we forced that fumble & we took Cutler out of the game.
Old 11-29-2012   #68
GP 
Go Texans!

I'm almost getting to the point where I think you and I hold very different opinions on if we should be worried about Minnesota.

YOU: You say you watched them play a game and they sucked, so they aren't to be worried about.

ME: I said that I damn sure AM worried about the Vikings, specifically because of the trend of lackluster performances (despite our wins in those gut-check games) and that if AP doesn't worry a person then I don't know what to say. Never said that person is a bad word or an unintelligent person, just said that I don't know what to say because Adrian Peterson is capable of ruining your day single-handedly if allowed to. MJD is another one of those, as well.

YOU and ME Together:

So, and correct if I'm wrong (and Lawd knows you will indeed!) but I think it turned into you saying that I diss my team and build up others, with your tag team partner Hulk "Disaacks" Hogan storming our wrestling match and bashing me over the head with a steel chair when I wasn't looking. THAT was quite unexpected, but oh well. **** happens. Roll with it.

So ya know, Thunderkyss, despite always trying to engage in productive conversation with you, I'm beginning to feel all Al Pacino on this issue. "Just when I think I'm out...they PULL ME BACK IN!" - Godfather III.

Unsubscribed and hoping I've learned my lesson from it.
Old 11-29-2012   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I'm almost getting to the point where I think you and I hold very different opinions on if we should be worried about Minnesota.

YOU: You say you watched them play a game and they sucked, so they aren't to be worried about.

ME: I said that I damn sure AM worried about the Vikings,
I may be wrong, but I don't think I've stated any issue with your opinion of the Vikings & the threat they pose to us. If that's the way you feel, you have every right. & I respect that.
Quote:
YOU and ME Together:
It does seem that way.
Quote:
So, and correct if I'm wrong (and Lawd knows you will indeed!) but I think it turned into you saying that I diss my team and build up others,
See, here is where I think you make it too personal. I doubt I was the first one to disagree with you building up the Patriots & dissing the Texans. I'll look back through the thread & apologize if it's warranted, but I think all I added was that you discredit what our defense did to the Bears, Jags, & Lions.

We played poorly, I never denied that. But we forced the fumble against the Bears, we knocked Cutler out of the game (not that you said we didn't), we caused turnovers against the Jags & Lions.

I was just saying we should recognize the good with the bad.
Quote:
So ya know, Thunderkyss, despite always trying to engage in productive conversation with you, I'm beginning to feel all Al Pacino on this issue. "Just when I think I'm out...they PULL ME BACK IN!" - Godfather III.

Unsubscribed and hoping I've learned my lesson from it.
I thought it was a pretty good discussion. Sorry if I don't agree with you 100%. I don't think I insulted you...

Actually, the last post of mine you quoted, I'm agreeing with you more than not, so this last post of yours is really coming out of left field to me.
Old 11-29-2012   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Great post GP. I agree. We should just pack it up now & go home.

er.. stay home.
Ok.... so maybe I was the first one to make light of your "NE the Super Power can't be beat unless they let up" on us post.

Couldn't help it.
Old 11-29-2012   #71
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've seen us get gouged for runs of like 6, 10, and even 10+ yards A POP, so it's not exactly the dominating run defense it was a year ago. I've seen this secondary get toasted by a journeyman QB (Henne) on what was supposed to be a very weak Jags offense. Oops. Without a crucial fumble by the Bears' RB Bush, that game likely ends 13-10 in favor of Bears.
I agree with this plus as in the sloppy turf of the Bears game. The Texans drive where Kubiak made a key adjustment due to the ends going to the outside,we had adjusted the blocking and Foster gouged them by cutting inside and got the Rd.

Football is a game of chess,not every move is perfect and some moves are setting up others.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #72
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That goes for every team including the Patriots. If Stephen Hill catches a pass in New England's OT win against NYJ they likely lose that game. That's not to mention they've lost games they should have won (Arizona, Seattle). The Patriots aren't invincible.

The Ravens have a few games of their own that they could have easily lost that they ended up winning. Their game against the Patriots is one (I still can't tell if Tucker made that FG), their game against San Diego this past Sunday is another.

The Broncos didn't look too good against Kansas City this week, and they have only beaten one team with a winning record during their six game winning streak (Cin). People seem convinced that they're the team to beat. Why? They've beaten Carolina, KC, NO, and SD (x2) recently. They're 0-3 against the elite teams they've played (NE, Hou, Atl).

If the Texans have a sluggish game against any of these teams they will likely lose it, but that goes for every team once the playoffs start. The Packers went 15-1 during the regular season last year and lost to a 9-7 NYG team. The same thing can happen to the Texans or any other team in the NFL. That is the beauty of this league. One bad game can ruin everything.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #73
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah, I would have preferred you guys draft someone like... oh... let me think... Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker.
Im sure once shaub retires youll draft the next tomy brady and win many superbowls:P and the tables will turn
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #74
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

at this point of the season everyteamfor the texans these last 6 weeks will be a tough battle its the NFL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #75
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
That goes for every team including the Patriots. If Stephen Hill catches a pass in New England's OT win against NYJ they likely lose that game. That's not to mention they've lost games they should have won (Arizona, Seattle). The Patriots aren't invincible.

The Ravens have a few games of their own that they could have easily lost that they ended up winning. Their game against the Patriots is one (I still can't tell if Tucker made that FG), their game against San Diego this past Sunday is another.

The Broncos didn't look too good against Kansas City this week, and they have only beaten one team with a winning record during their six game winning streak (Cin). People seem convinced that they're the team to beat. Why? They've beaten Carolina, KC, NO, and SD (x2) recently. They're 0-3 against the elite teams they've played (NE, Hou, Atl).

If the Texans have a sluggish game against any of these teams they will likely lose it, but that goes for every team once the playoffs start. The Packers went 15-1 during the regular season last year and lost to a 9-7 NYG team. The same thing can happen to the Texans or any other team in the NFL. That is the beauty of this league. One bad game can ruin everything.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

We didn't play our best game but managed to win. Actually, two games in a row our defense suffered.

The chances that we can beat an elite team like New England (elite, because they've been one of the better teams in the league for a long time now) is slim. The chances that New England will also have an off day @ home, even slimmer.

So the question many of us are really wondering is "Can Wade fix this in such a short time?"

The cards appear to be stacked against him. Our first clue will be Sunday in Tennessee. That won't answer all the questions, but it's all we got.
Old 11-29-2012   #77
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We didn't play our best game but managed to win. Actually, two games in a row our defense suffered.

The chances that we can beat an elite team like New England (elite, because they've been one of the better teams in the league for a long time now) is slim. The chances that New England will also have an off day @ home, even slimmer.

So the question many of us are really wondering is "Can Wade fix this in such a short time?"

The cards appear to be stacked against him. Our first clue will be Sunday in Tennessee. That won't answer all the questions, but it's all we got.
How are the chances slim? Do you honestly believe that Wade is going to let his defense fall off of a cliff in the last 6 weeks of the season? If not, then do you believe that we can't win shoot-outs? I don't understand how we can be the most dominant team in the AFC yet only have a slim chance against other elite teams.
Old 11-29-2012   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
How are the chances slim? Do you honestly believe that Wade is going to let his defense fall off of a cliff in the last 6 weeks of the season? If not, then do you believe that we can't win shoot-outs? I don't understand how we can be the most dominant team in the AFC yet only have a slim chance against other elite teams.
I think the deck is stacked against him because we're getting low on LBs.

Cushing..... out
Reed........ out
Dobbins.... questionable ?
James..... out ?
Quote:
Adding to the trouble, inside linebacker Bradie James, who has started every game for Houston this season, is day to day with a hamstring injury.
Sharpton just got back from injury.

Then Jjo.... questionable?

Just trying to set the stage. If Wade can get these guys to look like the guys who started the season.... then he's all that & a bag of chips.
Old 11-29-2012   #79
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly i would love a blow out win but with the mistakes it gives Kubiak and wade sin room to teach
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The "Mall of America" scared the ever-living sh!te out of me. My ex and I went to visit her Great Grandmother in western Wisconsin but of course she had to drag me to that crap where we flew into Minneapolis....

Vikings? Meh, not so much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read