Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-29-2012   #61
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Section: Sec. 132 row j
Rep Power: 0 Mimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVP
Default Re: New England

Also to those who want in on the FB page. Send me a friend request on FB name is Michael Matthew Mayer. After I accept your friend request ill add you to the FB page
Mimayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #62
TexanTony
noob

Just sent you a friend req on fb. We have a group of 14 people going and would like to see where people are going to meet up. Add me to the travel page if you don't mind. Thanks
TexanTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #63
pete281
waterboy

4 out of 12 in our group have just paid for our seat reservation on the Bowl Bus!!!! We ready and excited!!!!

Anyone staying at the Marriott Copley Place in Back Bay????
pete281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #64
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Mimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVP

Searching for a single game ticket. If anyone has one let me know. Would like to sit with other texans rather than be a single in a sea of pats fans
Old 12-01-2012   #65
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwattChick View Post
***Update*** A group of 20+ Texans fans will be meeting at the Paul Revere monument on Sunday, December 9th @ 4 pm. Let's draw a big crowd for a great photo op.I was there at Millennium Park, now it's time to invade a Boston spot. "If you call them, they will come." Lol!!
Great idea! Just FYI, sunset is about 4:10 these days do it may be a little dark for a photo. I can't be at the game but if love to meet y'all
at the monument. The best pastry spot in Boston is close by (Mikes)
Old 12-02-2012   #66
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Itinerary is up on the fb page. I'm sure steph will make it public tomorrow. Can't wait
Old 12-03-2012   #67
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Itinerary
http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/20...ton/#more-2270
Old 12-03-2012   #68
bdp81
Rookie

I'm heading up Saturday - visiting a college roommate in Maine before heading to Boston. Definitely want to meet up and should have done this before the Jets game. Playing Bulls on Parade as loud as possible in a manhattan bar was fun to me...
Sending a request for the FB page...thanks.
bdp81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #69
bks223
Rookie

Section: Section 522 Row H

According to the blog, the consensus is to wear battle red Jerseys to Monday night game. Would be sweet to see a sea of Red or at least a good portion..

Looking at weather.com, doesn't appear that it will be too cold either.

Lets go Texans!!!!
bks223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #70
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 420 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see there will be fellow fans at Gillette Monday!

Some of you may know I live in the area so if anyone has any questions please let me know. I'm sitting in section 30. Do those of you staying in Boston know about the train that runs to Foxboro?
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #71
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Please note. The blog post has been updated with changes to the brewery tour plans + adding Saturday SantaCon activities. If you are going to SantaCon, you are supposed to be wearing something head to toe festive. They have Santa suits at Walgreens for about $15.00 and then you can Texan it up. Texans Claus! (I have a pic of one of my festive outfits at the blog).

Unofficial guide to Texans fan meetups in Boston UPDATED

Take some copies of the blog post with you on the plane. You will always run into fans who don't know the plans. We try our best to spread them around, but some fans are not web peoples.
Old 12-06-2012   #72
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck to all and yall have a blast.
Old 12-06-2012   #73
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Please note. The blog post has been updated with changes to the brewery tour plans + adding Saturday SantaCon activities. If you are going to SantaCon, you are supposed to be wearing something head to toe festive. They have Santa suits at Walgreens for about $15.00 and then you can Texan it up. Texans Claus! (I have a pic of one of my festive outfits at the blog).

Unofficial guide to Texans fan meetups in Boston – UPDATED

Take some copies of the blog post with you on the plane. You will always run into fans who don't know the plans. We try our best to spread them around, but some fans are not web peoples.

Hey Darlin', I've not been keeping up with things I've should've been but I did see where you tweeted for Pats fans to not be a-holes towards to visiting Texans fans.......

That's not necessarily gonna hapen though... Many of the Patriots fans that visited our fair city for Super Bowl XXXVIII - (Caraolina v. Patriots) were rude, aggressive and very disparaging of the city of Houston.... May they go **** themselves and I will never hold a mutual respect for the pieces of ****!!!!

Thank you Super Bowl XXXIII for exposing these POS people, errr supposed fans!!
Old 12-06-2012   #74
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Unofficial guide to Texans fan meetups in Boston – UPDATED

Yes, earlier in this thread I implied that the SantaCon festivities would be in downtown Boston. MAY NOT NECESSARILY BE THE CASE! Be sure to read TexanChick's blog posting on SantaCon activities and click on the links she provided.

Last edited by TexansJohn; 12-06-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Grammar mistake!
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #75
bks223
Rookie

We will be up at CBS Scene at Foxboro around 3:30 on Monday.
Old 12-10-2012   #76
Mgilbride
noob

Default Two free tickets

I am driving down from New Hampshire today to see the Texans take on the Pats. I have two extra tickets and am at a point where I am almost willing to give them a way....but, you have to be a Texans Fan. My wife and son decided that sitting in a stadium where the temp is around 35 degrees is more than they can bear. Let me know. My e-mail address is njmatt@ymail.com. or text me at 281-733-9423.
Mgilbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #77
bks223
Rookie

It was great meeting a lot of you folks at the CBS Scene on Monday Night.
The Pats fans were great at the bar but the ones where we were sitting started out as nice folks but turned into total Jerkwads by the end of the night.
I'm hoping for some revenge in January!!!
Old 12-11-2012   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks223 View Post
The Pats fans were great at the bar but the ones where we were sitting started out as nice folks but turned into total Jerkwads by the end of the night.
I knew Patriots fans were asshats in general (other than those who had posted here talking honest football talk) when they were here for the Super Bowl v. the Carolina Panthers.... Panthers fans were way cooler!! Patriots fans were ignorant, obtuse and generally rude.... Then again, living up there (AND YES, I have been there) I can understand why they are so miserable..

Ironically, that same season the Texans played the Super Bowl Champs to overtime and had beat their opponent (the Panthers that season)!!!

As an aside.... I really need to get a life in the sense that I remember all that!! FML!!!
Old 12-11-2012   #79
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks223 View Post
Yes, CBS was amazing. Even the bar staff were commenting that they had never seen that many opposing fans in the bar before. Met a lot of great people.

One big observation is that it seems the average age of a Pats ticket holder at Gillette is 10-15 years younger than Texans ticket holders at Reliant. Lots of young, drunk "frat-type" Pats fans yelling racist chants to some of Texans fans sitting in the next section over from me and that made for a miserable time. But the Texans fans kept it classy and ignored them....though it didn't shut them up.
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #80
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJohn View Post
Yes, CBS was amazing. Even the bar staff were commenting that they had never seen that many opposing fans in the bar before. Met a lot of great people.

One big observation is that it seems the average age of a Pats ticket holder at Gillette is 10-15 years younger than Texans ticket holders at Reliant. Lots of young, drunk "frat-type" Pats fans yelling racist chants to some of Texans fans sitting in the next section over from me and that made for a miserable time. But the Texans fans kept it classy and ignored them....though it didn't shut them up.
Curiosity begs this question - what kind of racist chants? I make yankee jokes but I can't think of a racist joke for New England. Well other than Texan_Bill.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read