Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-28-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story .... coming in December

Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story

.... coming December 4th on NBC Sports Network.

He's a link to the promo video from Earl: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4362630978331

Quote:
Here's the teaser for the upcoming release of Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story that will debut on Dec 4th on the NBC Sports Network. We are very proud of the work they did and look forward to sharing the story with all of you.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #2
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story .... coming in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story

.... coming December 4th on NBC Sports Network.

He's a link to the promo video from Earl: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4362630978331
Dang the promo gave me chills. That Dolphins MNF game was the first game I ever went to...

Love that Bum is wearing a Texans shirt.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #3
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story .... coming in December

I remember reading a book by Jack Tatum "they call me assasin" he had a lot of great things to say about campbell.

Campbell had some of the biggest legs on a rb I have ever seen....
He didnt run away from contact....he initiated it....he did not run around...he ran through.......not too many rb's like that ever.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #4
GregR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story - documentary

Just a heads up for those interested... NBCSports network (channel 220 on DirecTV) will be showing "Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story" Tuesday, Dec 4 at 10pm. Re-airs early Thursday and Saturday mornings at 12am-1am, and Saturday 2:30pm.
GregR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Still Standing: The Earl Campbell Story - documentary

Don't miss it, Tuesday!

Last edited by Playoffs; 12-02-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2012   #6
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else watch this tonight? It was excellent. I got teary eyed at the old footage from my childhood during the Luv Ya Blue years, especially that Miami game on Monday Night Football and the pep rally at the Dome. The Oilers were my first love and Earl Campbell was my favorite human being on the planet when I was a little kid. Man, those were some great times for football in Houston, and I'm extremely happy that this Texans franchise is connected to that time through the Phillips family.

I have nothing but love and respect for 34 and ask you all to send your Ts and Ps his way on his path to recovery.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Recorded it last night but had to work so I didn't get to watch it. Going to see it tonight when I get home.
Old 12-05-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Re-airs at midnight tonight, also:

Still Standing
Sat, Dec 08
12:00 AM NBCSports

Still Standing
Sat, Dec 08
2:30 PM NBCSports

Still Standing
Tue, Dec 11
6:00 PM NBCSports

Still Standing
Wed, Dec 12
12:00 AM NBCSports
Old 12-06-2012   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know if this is available on DVD? Thinking of Christmas presents for my folks.

Thanks for the heads up on show times. I missed the first airing, but I will set my DVR for it.

Like all of y'all, Earl was a hero to me as a kid. Great memories and a primary reason why I have a deep passion as a fan of the NFL.

Someone mentioned the size of his thighs. Weren't they like 32-34" each, iirc?
Old 12-06-2012   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Someone mentioned the size of his thighs. Weren't they like 32-34" each, iirc?
They were huge.

Another guy whose thighs stood out was Robert Newhouse.

Old 12-06-2012   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance they'll have an encore showing?
Old 12-06-2012   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Any chance they'll have an encore showing?
See post #8 above, and add:

Still Standing
Wed, Dec 12
8:00 PM NBCSports

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read