Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2012   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub calls out Suh, wouldn't want him on Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This is exactly what's going to happen. Detoilet will get tired of Suh and the controversy he brings so they'll trade him and he'll either go to some well meaning organization that thinks they can channel his anger and fix him or to someone like Bud Adams who wants his team to "toughen up". Hell, he'll probably bring Jim Schwartz back when he's fired too.
It is our destiny. Once-in-a-generation Luck to replace once-in-a-generation Manning, and then having our QB face Suh twice a season.

Our time is THIS season, before the Eagles hire Wade.
Old 11-27-2012   #42
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he kicked Tom Brady or Peyton in the groin, and tried to put some wrestling move on them well after he throws (which should be talked about more than the kick), would Suh have received a suspension? I think so. Lesson to Schaub, win a couple superbowl mvps, and you will be untouchable.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #43
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

What I would have liked to hear Schaub or anyone else say in response to the Suh questions is to just say that men build their own reputations in life, and leave it at that.
Old 11-28-2012   #44
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Until it's 4th down in the AFC Championship game and Suh decides to be a tough guy and gets you a 15 yards hankie and lets a drive extend. Then you would want him gone. That's the kind of player e is. Uncontrollable.
dont worry A smith does this all time time buy getting a Netural zone infraction
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
dont worry A smith does this all time time buy getting a Netural zone infraction
I was actually very impressed that he didn't lose his cool over the last three weeks. Chicago, Jags, Detroit.... he had plenty of opportunity.
Old 11-28-2012   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, Vandy realized he asked a close-ended question (a question that can have a Yes or No answer with no further details)....so in his error I think Vandy quickly recovered and asked him to explain why he said "No" to the question.

No harm in that. I think you're making more of it than what's there. That's my gig, so stop trying to copy me. I think we all wanted to hear Matt Schaub explain his feelings, even if it was a bit of a tangent question to begin with.

I personally liked hearing him say negative things about Suh. I mean, Suh is trying to straight up injure every QB he faces no matter what...so it's not like this awakened some sleeping giant in Suh or anything. Matt is making sure he's on record as being very anti-Suh.
I was good with a simple, straight-forward "No."
Direct. To the point. No embellishment necessary. That works perfectly for me.

And when you think about it and the kind of players Uncle Bob and his Texans have historically signed up, Schaub's answer was the obvious answer to that question. No way Suh fits in our locker room.

So you're right, it was a tangential question. What purpose did it serve other than to provide sound-bite fodder for ESPN, et. al.?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #47
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Foster isn't willing to say the same about Suh (video):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...houston-texans

lol... Somehow I'm not surprised.
Old 11-28-2012   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Arian Foster isn't willing to say the same about Suh (video):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...houston-texans

lol... Somehow I'm not surprised.
He's got a point. While most of us seem to loathe the guy, there is no doubt that his talent is an upgrade to any defense. Part of it might be the culture that Jim Schwartz has created/allowed with that franchise. With another team, Suh might have a better definition of the lines he shouldn't cross.

I'm not sayin' I want the guy, but a D-line with JJ and Suh on it would be a freakin' unstoppable tsunami.
Old 11-28-2012   #49
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
He's got a point. While most of us seem to loathe the guy, there is no doubt that his talent is an upgrade to any defense. Part of it might be the culture that Jim Schwartz has created/allowed with that franchise. With another team, Suh might have a better definition of the lines he shouldn't cross.

I'm not sayin' I want the guy, but a D-line with JJ and Suh on it would be a freakin' unstoppable tsunami.
It would also take a tsunami of cash to sign them both.
Old 11-28-2012   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Meh. Arian Foster is entitled to his opinion. He is a very positive minded person, so I can see why he'd say positive things.

The realist knows, however, that Suh will inevitably find a way to be more of a problem than a solution. Whether its from being in trouble with the law (suspension issues with the league as infractions persist), being in trouble with the refs (being flagged and subsequently possibly suspended, and has a history of it), or by virtue of other self control issues...I'm not so sure that a team can win with him on it.

Throw in the negative publicity factor, and it's a recipe for all the wrong things.

But yeah, speaking in terms of "if" we could turn that switch to off and have him just play straight up football alongside Watt...it wouldn't be fair to offenses. It would be a Geneva Convention issue.
Old 11-28-2012   #51
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

not unexpected from foster, very zen-like and trying to see the best side of a situation. i'm not that nice however and cant imagine liking suh if he were a texan. heck i've railed against foster for some of those "out of character" moments, such as his tweeted x-rays and showboating. antonio smith is the only other player that immediately comes to mind as taking it to the edge during the game, and sometimes past.

the difference for me though is that IS suh's character. he's not the goofy "ninja" off the field, or the always smiling philosopher ... he's apparently a world class a-hole off the field that's trying to injure people with bush league play on the field. i cant support that. i cant stand the guy but innegan i can see the arguement for, annoying as he is i may actually like the nuisance he brings if it were my team. a world of difference from suh.
Old 11-28-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Then we might as well be the Cowboys. I know I'll catch flak for that, but if we don't care how we win, if we don't care about the reputation of our players...... we might as well be Cowboy fans. Jerry's sheep.

If Arian said, he wouldn't act like that on my team, because I won't let him. Or that we've got too much influence amongst ourselves to let that type of character develop, that would be one thing. But to say Suh is acting out of character? I think Foster is trying to protect his assets in the event he has to face Suh in the future.

& Yes, not a person on this board can honestly say they would not have been a happy Texans' fan if we walked away from that draft with Ndamakon Suh. But I don't think it would be unanimous that we'd want that guy Suh is now. Many complained about Tj, Bernard, & Antonio when they had made boneheaded decisions, and none of them were "dirty"
Old 11-28-2012   #53
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
But yeah, speaking in terms of "if" we could turn that switch to off and have him just play straight up football alongside Watt...it wouldn't be fair to offenses. It would be a Geneva Convention issue.
If this kind of an "if" were an a$$hole we'd all get diarrhea.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... Suh will go by way of the Dodo Haynesbird.
Old 11-28-2012   #55
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like a mean streak in a player, especially a defensive player. For example Cushing has a mean streak, but his play is clean and between the whistles. That's the way the game is meant to be played.

Suh is a dirty POS that can't see the difference. If you do something once, people will call it an accident. If you do it twice, they call it a coincidence. But do it a third time and it's more than a trend. That reveals the man's character. Sorry Arian, you're wrong on this one.

See also:
Jared Allen
Laron Landry
Albert Haynesworth
Old 11-28-2012   #56
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I sort of object to the "Schaub calls out..." inference in the title. At first they tried to get him to comment on the event itself by asking, in so many words, "why didn't you get pissed off? To which Schaub answered (again paraphrasing from memory), "I'm trying to play QB, get the next play, and run my offense. I don't have time to get caught up..."

Well that wasn't soundbite worthy enough so they changed tactics and asked the would you like him as a teammate question. At first his answer was a simple "no". And it seemed to me that that was all Schaub had to say about it. But not getting quite the bulletin board sound bite they were looking for, they kept digging and digging at Schaub until he expounded.

This whole mess is getting the Texans way too much attention. Now ESPN - and the OP - is saying Schaub is "calling Suh out".

I suppose next the media will go to Suh or Schwartz and ask "did you hear what Schaub said about you?"

Disgusting.
I'm sure we'll have to worry about it for the next four years until we play the Lions again.

He picked a good team to pick on!
Old 11-28-2012   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore texan View Post
i like a mean streak in a player, especially a defensive player. For example cushing has a mean streak, but his play is clean and between the whistles. That's the way the game is meant to be played.

Suh is a dirty pos that can't see the difference. If you do something once, people will call it an accident. If you do it twice, they call it a coincidence. But do it a third time and it's more than a trend. That reveals the man's character. Sorry arian, you're wrong on this one.

See also:
Jared allen
laron landry
albert haynesworth
jup.... repped!
Old 11-28-2012   #58
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Time for this to end I think. I want to see the Texans talking about, thinking about, and being asked by local sports journalists about the Titans, then the Patriots, then the Colts....

The past is the past. Spending this much time talking about something that happened last week is like spending an eternity talking about it in NFL season "time". It's starting to look like just the slightest bit of a distraction or like it might become one if it keeps going. Suh is in the rear view mirror.

I mean of course that we can still talk about it but I'd really rather people in the media stop asking our players about it.
Old 11-29-2012   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Then we might as well be the Cowboys.
You mean the Dallas Cowboys with 5 Lombardi trophies and 9 Super Bowl appearances? That Cowboys?

Theoretical question: Which would you rather have, the "Houston Texan-worthy" way and never a championship, or lowered standards with championships?

I'm not saying that the so-called "Houston Texan-worthy" way will not net a championship, but excluding players based on character flaws does limit the talent that you can get in the long run. That's just being pragmatic.

BTW, this is not in support of Suh. I think he's a dirty, cheap SOB and hopefully gets whatever bad karma he deserves. [/disclaimer]

I'm just curious about where each of us draws the line as individuals:

Boy Scout<--------------------------------------------->Suh
Old 11-29-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Boy Scout<-------------X-------------------------------->Suh
I don't necessarily want boyscouts, & the Dallas Cowboys who won all those Lombardies weren't the degenerates who didn't. I could be wrong, but I thought Jimmy Johnson had a pretty good locker room.

Not choir boys. But it wasn't till after he left that they went all gangsta..

At least that's the way I want to remember it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read