Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2012   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 13 Preview - Texans v Titans

Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Good morning Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 13 Preview - Texans v Titans

All right, First, please do something about balancing the volume through-out the skit.

Now, I liked you going to the board & diagramming the generic principles of zone coverage. I also think your comments about needing to improve the communication at the second level has some merit.

However, I think you missed the biggest reasons we struggled against the Jags, the Lions, & the Packers.

1st pass rush. For most of the game, there was no pass rush & more times than not, Rogers, Henne, & Stafford was able to camp in the backfield, phone a friend, then decide on what to do with the football. It's difficult for a secondary to hold up with that much time.

2nd.. mobility. Rogers & Stafford were amazing on the move & they both were able to deliver accurate balls from several launch points. I think we struggle with mobile QBs period. Plus those two are on another level. Henne, I think they came into the game thinking they're going to be playing the check-down king & ran into a gun-slinger with talented receivers (who knew?).

Thanks for giving props to Forsett, recognizing Matt's ability to spread the ball around, & the dominance of Jj Watt.
Old 11-28-2012   #3
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
All right, First, please do something about balancing the volume through-out the skit.

Now, I liked you going to the board & diagramming the generic principles of zone coverage. I also think your comments about needing to improve the communication at the second level has some merit.

However, I think you missed the biggest reasons we struggled against the Jags, the Lions, & the Packers.

1st pass rush. For most of the game, there was no pass rush & more times than not, Rogers, Henne, & Stafford was able to camp in the backfield, phone a friend, then decide on what to do with the football. It's difficult for a secondary to hold up with that much time.

2nd.. mobility. Rogers & Stafford were amazing on the move & they both were able to deliver accurate balls from several launch points. I think we struggle with mobile QBs period. Plus those two are on another level. Henne, I think they came into the game thinking they're going to be playing the check-down king & ran into a gun-slinger with talented receivers (who knew?).

Thanks for giving props to Forsett, recognizing Matt's ability to spread the ball around, & the dominance of Jj Watt.
Thanks Fiddler! Anytime you face a mobile QB it makes it 11-on-11...you just have to hope you get push not pressure from your ends to keep him boxed in
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can keep the draw play to CJ down, the Titans have no chance of even a first down. I don't believe in Locker or the OL to hold up against our D, as beat up as it is.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
If the Texans can keep the draw play to CJ down, the Titans have no chance of even a first down. I don't believe in Locker or the OL to hold up against our D, as beat up as it is.
I was thinking if I were their OC, I'd have Locker drop back, watching the LBs. If they drop, hand the ball off to CJ.

Pretty much their only chance.

Or, if I were Munchak I would tell everyone that Locker is going to start, but yank him & throw Hasselbeck in the game. Worked for Jags... almost.
Old 11-28-2012   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for video Em. Agree, I am also expecting Texans' D to show up strong VS Titans.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read