Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2012   #161
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh needs to be suspended from league

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Suh fined $30K per bleacherreport breaking news.
Confirmed on nfl.com as well.
Old 11-28-2012   #162
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh needs to be suspended from league **UPDATE** FINED $30k

Fined $30,000
Old 11-28-2012   #163
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh needs to be suspended from league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I was going to post this but I couldn't find the damn thread!!
Doesn't surprise me one bit.
You're just trying to one-upper Thorn; just admit it =P
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #164
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ka-ching!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #165
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So what was the reason they fined him for?
So far what I read about Goodell's statements are ambiguous at best .
Old 11-28-2012   #166
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
i'd be ticked off if i were a lions fan. either he did commit a wrong, and should've been suspended for it, or he didnt and shouldnt have seen any repercussions from the league. as it stands it appears to be "we're sure he did wrong but cant prove it, so here's only the lighter portion of the punishment".
Old 11-28-2012   #167
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it was for the takedown that almost broke Schaub in half.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #168
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right?

If he did it, he's already got the track record, suspend him for deke-ing Schaubbyslice. If not, let him be known as the ****-knocker and let's move on to next week.

I absolutely loved that video where concussion boy Hodge and McGlasses Jaws explained how everyone in the trenches was dirty. Really? Then how come with all these low down dirty m-f-ers around only ONE of them is so low as to kick another man in his junk?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #169
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Piece of work, doesn't feel the need to apologize because he didn't do it on purpose.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2DYEh8Hnd

Quote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. - Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was fined $30,000 by the NFL on Wednesday, but says he didn't kick Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub on purpose.

That's why Suh insisted he doesn't need to apologize to Schaub.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2DYHpOtoG
Glad we don't have to see him for a long time hopefully, only have one more piece of crap, Jared Allen, to play before the playoffs.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #170
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Piece of work, doesn't feel the need to apologize because he didn't do it on purpose.

Glad we don't have to see him for a long time hopefully, only have one more piece of crap, Jared Allen, to play before the playoffs.
I don't think he can afford to admit any guilt.

It's just a shame though; at one time I was so high on him as an NFL prospect and what he gave back to Nebraska.

I hope he matures some more and soon.
Old 11-28-2012   #171
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think he can afford to admit any guilt.

It's just a shame though; at one time I was so high on him as an NFL prospect and what he gave back to Nebraska.

I hope he matures some more and soon.
Even if you accidentally back into someone's car or accidentally bump into someone at a grocery store, you apologize. Intent shouldn't matter. Suh is a child on top of being a dirty piece of crap as a player. Actually, he's worse than any child I've raised because my son has accidentally hit me in the "groin" area with a bat and he apologized as soon as I got off the ground.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #172
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Money, that'll get too him. It worked the last time...Oh wait, it didn't. If you want him to stop, then hit him hard. Make him sit for more than a game or two.
Old 11-28-2012   #173
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kind of like he denied stomping that guys arm last season, hoe do you deny it when its on video. What did he say that he was trying to catch his balance.

I wish Watt would of went over there and got a hold of that jack ass. Teach him a little respect
Old 11-28-2012   #174
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with something that Travis Rodgers brought up this afternoon. He pointed out that this is another example of the NFL office (specifically Roger GODdell) talking out of both sides of the mouth. On the one hand, they wouldn't suspend Suh because "they couldn't prove his intent" and on the other hand, why then fine him $30K if he supposedly didn't do anything intentionally and it was "accidental"?

No grey area here. This is either black or white, right or wrong with no middle ground!

At the end of the day, we all KNOW Suh meant to kick Schaub. My only question was or is, did he specifically aim for the nads, or was his intent to kick Schaub anywhere he could (i.e. knee, shin, ankle or whatever) and got lucky (or unlucky as it were) and nailed Schaub in the junk.
Old 11-28-2012   #175
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What a d-bag. He is trying to play it off. I have never liked the guy. He has a sh!++y attitude, and never wants to take blame for anything. He would perfect for the Cowboys, of Titans.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #176
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
What a d-bag. He is trying to play it off. I have never liked the guy. He has a sh!++y attitude, and never wants to take blame for anything. He would perfect for the Cowboys, of Titans.
What the hell do you care? You're offsides anyway!!
Old 11-28-2012   #177
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still way more pissed at Matt Slauson and him being fined 10k for ending Cushing's season than I am at Suh and his thuggery being fined 30k.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #178
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What the hell do you care? You're offsides anyway!!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #179
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'm still way more pissed at Matt Slauson and him being fined 10k for ending Cushing's season than I am at Suh and his thuggery being fined 30k.
throw the offensive lineman for the dolphins trying to break antonio's ankle in there as well.
Old 11-28-2012   #180
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

No one knows what an intentional, inverted kick to the nads looks like, so you can't really penalize for it. But no one is fooled by an "unintentional" leg whip, so fine him all day.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read