Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-24-2012   #41
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Section: Sec. 132 row j
Rep Power: 0 Mimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVP
Default Re: New England

From the facebook group and other sources it seems there's quite a few ppl goin on it. I'm still debating taking it or just driving my vehicle to the stadium. I've researched and have counted out the train that runs directly to Gillette. Yes its only 15 bucks but it only gets you there right before the game and gotta leave right after. Also who has any ideas for what we should do. I was thinking about one of the many brewery tours, maybe a picture with the Paul revere statue with a sign saying "the Texans are coming".
Mimayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #42
TexasMade5717
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican texan View Post
Thank you, just booked a room for Friday-Tuesday. Got my game tickets ordered too.

How many other people are doing the Bowl Bus thing? I'd like to know how many other Texans fans will be on the ride before I order... I didn't like riding the blue line in Chicago since I was one of 2 Texans fans on the train for about an hour.
Well I called Bowl Bus to ask them a question and during our conversation the rep mentioned having to get an extra bus b/c of bookings by Texans fans...guessing it's quite a few. It gets you there 3.5 hours before kickoff, has music, bring alcohol aboard and bathrooms??!!! Can't beat that!
TexasMade5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #43
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun fact: It was just announced that Boston's SantaCon will be Saturday, December 8th....so there will be a lot of drunk people in Santa and elf costumes crawling the pubs on that night in downtown Boston.

I went to the Texans/Bengals (regular season) game last year and it happened to be the weekend of Cincinatti's SantaCon. Was a lot of fun, actually.
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #44
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Mimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJohn View Post
Fun fact: It was just announced that Boston's SantaCon will be Saturday, December 8th....so there will be a lot of drunk people in Santa and elf costumes crawling the pubs on that night in downtown Boston.

I went to the Texans/Bengals (regular season) game last year and it happened to be the weekend of Cincinatti's SantaCon. Was a lot of fun, actually.
I'm goin to be completely honest. This sounds like the awesome st things Ever to be created out of Christmas. I'm in on that!
Old 11-25-2012   #45
Blue 242
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 Blue 242 was voted MVPBlue 242 was voted MVPBlue 242 was voted MVP

We booked the bowl bus and we are 4 total. I know there are others!!!
Blue 242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #46
jerri311
Rookie

What is the name of the FB group? Thanks
jerri311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #47
jerri311
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 242 View Post
We booked the bowl bus and we are 4 total. I know there are others!!!
We just booked the bus as well.
Old 11-26-2012   #48
Mimayer1985
Rookie

You gotta be friends with someone already in it and they can add you
Old 11-26-2012   #49
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimayer1985 View Post
Everyone without a room booked or a room booked outside of downtown Boston, omni hotels are having a deal this weekend only. You can book a room right smack in the middle of downtown at the omni Parker house hotel for only $99 a night using corporate code "CYBER". There are two subway stations nearby and very close to all the historic bars and right across the street from the state house. Also, this is the birth place of Boston cream pie
Parker house is a great place.
If you like US political history, its basically full of stuff about the Kennedys
They also claim to have invented the Boston Cream Pie (they have a great one)
Their restaurant is really good
And its right on the freedom trail
Old 11-27-2012   #50
chriswiggin
Rookie

I need to get in on the facebook page. Can u guys add me? My email is chriswiggin@ymail.com, also if we all take the Bowl Bus let's consider going to the CBS One bar and take it over BEFORE the game. Like make it a meeting place. Then take a group picture once we all show up. Just a suggestion.
chriswiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #51
chriswiggin
Rookie

Also, anyone know where 610 radio will be broadcasting from? Maybe we should all go and hang out with them.
Old 11-28-2012   #52
SwattChick
Rookie

I will also be attending the game. Any plans to invade a bar the night before the game? I was also in Chicago and invading two bars was a fun experience. Is anyone tailgating? We will be sitting in Section 135 Row 2.
SwattChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #53
jerri311
Rookie

Yeah it was fun invading Timothy O' Tooles in Chicago. We'll be sitting in Sec. 131 row 2. Hope to meet up with everyone.
Old 11-28-2012   #54
mlc025
noob

I will be at the game with a friend of mine- section 130, row 4. We arrive Saturday and plan on sightseeing sat and sun and are open for suggestions on meeting places with other fans. We also reserved spots on the Bowl Bus. Should be a fun weekend!!
mlc025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #55
SwattChick
Rookie

***Update*** A group of 20+ Texans fans will be meeting at the Paul Revere monument on Sunday, December 9th @ 4 pm. Let's draw a big crowd for a great photo op.I was there at Millennium Park, now it's time to invade a Boston spot. "If you call them, they will come." Lol!!
Old 11-28-2012   #56
Texxanfan
noob

Default Re: New England vs Houston Texans

Hey looking for two tickets to the monday night game in new england. Anyone know or have any?
Texxanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #57
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwattChick View Post
***Update*** A group of 20+ Texans fans will be meeting at the Paul Revere monument on Sunday, December 9th @ 4 pm. Let's draw a big crowd for a great photo op.I was there at Millennium Park, now it's time to invade a Boston spot. "If you call them, they will come." Lol!!
This post has been brought up on the Facebook page and the planners are trying to work the plans around this photo op. any other information on this groups plans throughout the weekend. Any ideas that they have will help us build and settle on an itinerary for the weekend
Old 11-28-2012   #58
chriswiggin
Rookie

Will someone PLEASE add or invite me to the Facebook page!?!?!?
Old 11-29-2012   #59
SwattChick
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimayer1985 View Post
This post has been brought up on the Facebook page and the planners are trying to work the plans around this photo op. any other information on this groups plans throughout the weekend. Any ideas that they have will help us build and settle on an itinerary for the weekend
Many thanks Mimayer1985! It would be great to meet up at a local bar Sunday afternoon as well as Sunday evening for football. Channel 13 news showed up at our meet up location in Chicago. It was quite an experience. Also, Stephanie Stradley from the Houston Chronicle will also update the final itinerary details on her chron blog.
Old 11-29-2012   #60
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Channel 13 will be traveling with the group this game also

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read