Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012   #41
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor
 
SAMURAITEXAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 3,485
Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Preach it again Samurai-San!

Did I use the term correctly? LOL
Well grass hopper76, Sun rises from east and sets on west. In realty, Earth is spinning instead of Sun or my head is spinning. Do you understand grass hopper76? Because, I don't understand what I am saying.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,549
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
pssshhhhhhhh........ Houston can't even get a space shuttle.
I read a fiction or two; in cases similar to this, we normally have something built by the Japanese or stashed somewhere in Japan (one of them is Contact by Carl Sagan, the famous astronomer.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,549
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Well grass hopper76, Sun rises from east and sets on west. In realty, Earth is spinning instead of Sun or my head is spinning. Do you understand grass hopper76? Because, I don't understand what I am saying.
Sensei,
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #44
Exascor
Hall of Fame
 
Exascor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atascocita
Posts: 1,587
Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
pssshhhhhhhh........ Houston can't even get a space shuttle.
But...we got one of the planes that carried them!!!
__________________
Texans v3.0 - Currently in alpha testing - Expected release date 9/7/2014
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,136
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
But...we got one of the planes that carried them!!!
Sounds like an AFC Championship game appearance to me.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #46
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,588
Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Bottom line. Would you take ugly win in SB? Or, would you rather see the Texans in hard fought game but loose? I'd seen enough of hard fought loses. I want the Texans to Win and Win it all if possible whether it is ugly or not. Doesn't matter if the game is a perfect one or not! Of course, I want the Texans to Win in strong commanding lead fashion. But, I won't complain if we win in ugly fashion. We waited long enough! Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy. And, that's all I can say to this subject.

Go Texans!!!
Good question & one I have considered. If we had a season with some sloppy games, I would not be happy with a sloppy SB win. I do know that the feeling I had after that type of win would not be a good one. I have experienced a yucky feeling after a yucky win. I did not watch any of the games when Astros went to World Series. I had no connection with the players who did not inspire me to follow them.

I am not talking about games we win when the other team has injuries or bad play. It is about my team and how they play. One or two sloppy games in a season does not make me stop watching but if I don't see attempts to correct, I rapidly lose interest. For me it is more about doing your best against the best. Slop is for pigs.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #47
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor
 
GlassHalfFull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Section 353
Posts: 7,178
Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good question & one I have considered. If we had a season with some sloppy games, I would not be happy with a sloppy SB win. I do know that the feeling I had after that type of win would not be a good one. I have experienced a yucky feeling after a yucky win. I did not watch any of the games when Astros went to World Series. I had no connection with the players who did not inspire me to follow them.

I am not talking about games we win when the other team has injuries or bad play. It is about my team and how they play. One or two sloppy games in a season does not make me stop watching but if I don't see attempts to correct, I rapidly lose interest. For me it is more about doing your best against the best. Slop is for pigs.
I have a huge amount of respect for the players that go out there week after week to entertain us. Not a single one of them isn't banged up and hurting after a couple of games. Yes, they get the big payday, but they are putting heart and soul on the field each week.

How can you watch the way JJ has answered the battle call the last few weeks and not be impressed? Or how Schaub and AJ have dug in and kept battling?

I just do not get the negative attitude. Go tell JJ or AJ that slop is for pigs. This is the NFL and each and every Sunday any team can surprise you.
__________________
GlassHalfFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,136
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have a huge amount of respect for the players that go out there week after week to entertain us. Not a single one of them isn't banged up and hurting after a couple of games. Yes, they get the big payday, but they are putting heart and soul on the field each week.

How can you watch the way JJ has answered the battle call the last few weeks and not be impressed? Or how Schaub and AJ have dug in and kept battling?

I just do not get the negative attitude. Go tell JJ or AJ that slop is for pigs. This is the NFL and each and every Sunday any team can surprise you.
Agreed. I like to see them overcome adversity. It would have been nice if that adversity came against the Ravens or the Bears, but it didn't. We steam rolled them & struggled against the Jags & Detroit.

Jags, I think they got caught sleeping. Detroit, we were hurt'n & that was a physical game. It happens.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #49
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,588
Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have a huge amount of respect for the players that go out there week after week to entertain us. Not a single one of them isn't banged up and hurting after a couple of games. Yes, they get the big payday, but they are putting heart and soul on the field each week.

How can you watch the way JJ has answered the battle call the last few weeks and not be impressed? Or how Schaub and AJ have dug in and kept battling?

I just do not get the negative attitude. Go tell JJ or AJ that slop is for pigs. This is the NFL and each and every Sunday any team can surprise you.
I don't recall saying either JJ or AJ or Schaub have played sloppily. You need to look again at the thread title that the "quality of wins-not important". I disagree with that and I think most Texans players would also. I agree with all you say in this post except where you think I have a negative attitude. I do not want to seem like I am attacking you. I would not do that, but you do have the rep for not being able to critique the Texans. I enjoy your enthusiasm but you are like the mom who never tells her kids they are doing something wrong. I think you can love someone and still be honest with them. Coaches do that on a regular basis. You can bet behind the scenes, Wade and Gary point out slop when they see it. IMO so do the players you identify; they are supreme competitors. Jags game was a sloppy one by the team.

Again I am not talking about the "any given Sunday.." game where a team just gets upset by a perceived lesser team. Players know when they are sloppy. We should also. I am more critical of myself than others are of me. I think most competitors are.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #50
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,588
Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Agreed. I like to see them overcome adversity. It would have been nice if that adversity came against the Ravens or the Bears, but it didn't. We steam rolled them & struggled against the Jags & Detroit.

Jags, I think they got caught sleeping. Detroit, we were hurt'n & that was a physical game. It happens.
Agree.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #51
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor
 
GlassHalfFull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Section 353
Posts: 7,178
Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I don't recall saying either JJ or AJ or Schaub have played sloppily. You need to look again at the thread title that the "quality of wins-not important". I disagree with that and I think most Texans players would also. I agree with all you say in this post except where you think I have a negative attitude. I do not want to seem like I am attacking you. I would not do that, but you do have the rep for not being able to critique the Texans. I enjoy your enthusiasm but you are like the mom who never tells her kids they are doing something wrong. I think you can love someone and still be honest with them. Coaches do that on a regular basis. You can bet behind the scenes, Wade and Gary point out slop when they see it. IMO so do the players you identify; they are supreme competitors. Jags game was a sloppy one by the team.

Again I am not talking about the "any given Sunday.." game where a team just gets upset by a perceived lesser team. Players know when they are sloppy. We should also. I am more critical of myself than others are of me. I think most competitors are.
I post pretty selectively about the team. I read pretty much everything in the Texans part of the forum, but I only post when I feel something needs defending, so that may be why I come off as not being able to critique the Texans. I really am not a prototypical internet person, I guess. I must still be of the if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all generation. As far as the Mom bit, just ask my boys. I had to stand up to some very strong willed boys, and their current success in life tells me I did a pretty good job. They got told plenty when I felt they were doing something wrong.

I just think it is ridiculous to have the attitude that one would not be happy with a sloppy Super Bowl win. I stood on the sidelines as a sports photographer for 8 years of High School games. As a female of my generation, I obviously never played the game. But being on the sidelines and witnessing up close and personal the physicality of the game and the emotions of the players, I would never discount a win.

I may view my role as a fan differently than yours, but it is dismissive to tell me that I am a mom who can tell my children no wrong. I guess I need to go back to the cooking forum. There is a huge battle going on over range feed vs grocery store eggs.
__________________
GlassHalfFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,136
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I disagree with that and I think most Texans players would also.
ooooo.... I don't think the players would agree with you. They know what it's all about. Unless we're talking contract year, a win is a win.

A sloppy game just refocuses them I think. Helps them to remember just how hard it is to win at this level, much less 10 wins in 11 games.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,136
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I may view my role as a fan differently than yours, but it is dismissive to tell me that I am a mom who can tell my children no wrong. I guess I need to go back to the cooking forum. There is a huge battle going on over range feed vs grocery store eggs.
Begone woman ..... & get me another beer .



__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #54
Exascor
Hall of Fame
 
Exascor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atascocita
Posts: 1,587
Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You need to look again at the thread title that the "quality of wins-not important". I disagree with that and I think most Texans players would also.
Every fan wants their team to win every game and win by 50 points. The point is - IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. That is the point of this thread. Ask any Patriots fan if they would trade 5-6 of their wins in 2007 for a 1 point win in the Superbowl. I'd bet every single fan would do it. Every one.

Sometimes fans (myself included) get too into stats. If the Texans win all the remaining regular season games by 5 points combined - we should all be thrilled. The time for quality of wins ended when Houston beat the Bengals during the regular season last year. Unless there is a sign of a serious problem (like the defense in 2010 after 6 games) it doesn't matter what the score is for a win. Winning big doesn't give you a bigger W. It's only nice when you are playing for next season.

Every team starts the playoffs with the same record. Only the team that wins every game in the playoffs gets to take home the trophy. Doesn't matter how they win. The only goal that the Texans staff and players should be looking at is Superbowl victories. Everything else is just a consolation prize for participating in another team's championship season.

Reread the original post. No team blows through the regular season. Most lay a few turds along the way. Fortunately, the Texans's have had only 1 bad game this season and 2 where they didn't play to their potential for the entire game. The fact that the Texans had some hiccups on defense the past 2 games and the offense exploded shows just how good they are.

The point is to enjoy this season - even the "sloppy" wins.
__________________
Texans v3.0 - Currently in alpha testing - Expected release date 9/7/2014
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #55
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 44
Posts: 9,682
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I may view my role as a fan differently than yours, but it is dismissive to tell me that I am a mom who can tell my children no wrong. I guess I need to go back to the cooking forum. There is a huge battle going on over range feed vs grocery store eggs.
Range feed, hands down, end of argument.
__________________
“Of course, if one ignores contradictory observations, one can claim to have an ‘elegant’ or ‘robust’ theory. But it isn’t science.”
— Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,549
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Every fan wants their team to win every game and win by 50 points. The point is - IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. That is the point of this thread. Ask any Patriots fan if they would trade 5-6 of their wins in 2007 for a 1 point win in the Superbowl. I'd bet every single fan would do it. Every one.

Sometimes fans (myself included) get too into stats. If the Texans win all the remaining regular season games by 5 points combined - we should all be thrilled. The time for quality of wins ended when Houston beat the Bengals during the regular season last year. Unless there is a sign of a serious problem (like the defense in 2010 after 6 games) it doesn't matter what the score is for a win. Winning big doesn't give you a bigger W. It's only nice when you are playing for next season.

Every team starts the playoffs with the same record. Only the team that wins every game in the playoffs gets to take home the trophy. Doesn't matter how they win. The only goal that the Texans staff and players should be looking at is Superbowl victories. Everything else is just a consolation prize for participating in another team's championship season.

Reread the original post. No team blows through the regular season. Most lay a few turds along the way. Fortunately, the Texans's have had only 1 bad game this season and 2 where they didn't play to their potential for the entire game. The fact that the Texans had some hiccups on defense the past 2 games and the offense exploded shows just how good they are.

The point is to enjoy this season - even the "sloppy" wins.
I like your post.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,549
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Begone woman ..... & get me another beer .



So says the man who couldn't convince the Boss to move Thanksgiving meal time to 3:30.

Boss is always right, the move would only serve to delay the feast even further while everybody agonize about both the game and their stomach, LOL
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #58
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor
 
GlassHalfFull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Section 353
Posts: 7,178
Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So says the man who couldn't convince the Boss to move Thanksgiving meal time to 3:30.

Boss is always right, the move would only serve to delay the feast even further while everybody agonize about both the game and their stomach, LOL
I was in charge of making the gravy this year at my sister in laws house. We were supposed to eat around 4. The gravy did not get started until the game was over. One way to control the timing.

That was some vigorously stirred gravy......
__________________
GlassHalfFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,136
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So says the man who couldn't convince the Boss to move Thanksgiving meal time to 3:30.
ahem.....

__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,136
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I was in charge of making the gravy this year at my sister in laws house. We were supposed to eat around 4. The gravy did not get started until the game was over. One way to control the timing.

That was some vigorously stirred gravy......
It actually turned out great. We hit pause. Ate, drank, & whatnot for 45 minutes or so. When we got back to the game (the wimmens too) everybody was pleased that we could fast forward through all the commercials.

They got upset when we caught up with real time.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger