Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2012   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Duane Brown: Best LT in the League

Didn't see this posted anywhere. This is a great read and break down of DB's play. I really dig it when 'big nasties' get props. Read the entire article.

Quote:
The Texans drafted Duane Brown with the 26th overall selection in 2008 in what was described as a reach by many at the time. Though Brown struggled early in his career, coughing up 11 sacks as a rookie, his PFF grade and ranking has improved every season since, and over the past 29 games he has surrendered just a single sack. The Texans were banking on his talent and potential, and right now they are being proved right with every game.
Quote:
Brown is the league’s best left tackle in 2012, putting together a season so good it saw him in 6th position in our Offensive Player of the Year rankings compiled by the PFF analysts. Senior Analyst Ben Stockwell, the man that analyses more games than anybody at PFF, actually ranked Brown in his top spot.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ook-week-12-2/
Old 11-28-2012   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: Best LT in the League

OL is arguably the most important piece of the puzzle that makes up a good team. And LT is a huge part of that piece.

Duane Brown has been stellar. Glad to see him getting well deserved recognition.
Old 11-28-2012   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been awesome. His name is rarely called (maybe a half dozen time at most this season) and that's a good thing.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 278195 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Offensive Player of the Year rankings compiled by the PFF analysts. Senior Analyst Ben Stockwell, the man that analyses more games than anybody at PFF, actually ranked Brown in his top spot.
Quote:
That is what is so impressive about the 2012 version of Duane Brown. Several players in the league today are athletically gifted left tackles, capable of shadowing great pass-rushers and limiting the pressure they surrender, but few are able to partner that with the strength and power Brown has developed and uses in the run game as well as his pass protection. He has allowed just fifteen total pressures this season as a pass protector, but his run blocking grade sits almost identically alongside his excellent pass-protection grade for the season, making Brown the league’s best all-around left tackle right now.
Pretty darn impressive.

Duane Brown has now passed every other OT drafted ahead of him in the 2008 NFL Draft. (Although I think Ryan Clady is right there with him.)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
By the time Foster is crossing the goal line Brown has pancaked three defenders, driving his man off the line so far he cuts off the pursuit of both a linebacker and a safety and takes them all to the ground.
epic.
Old 11-28-2012   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 116197 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The man is a beast, and deserves the props after getting hammered early & often as a rookie.
Old 11-28-2012   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 85795 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
By the time Foster is crossing the goal line Brown has pancaked three defenders, driving his man off the line so far he cuts off the pursuit of both a linebacker and a safety and takes them all to the ground.
That is just awesome. I also like that Brown plays with a nasty attitude. He doesn't just want to block you, he wants to dominate and demoralize you.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2012   #8
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, wait. This can't be right. Isn't this the same guy that I knew was a bust his rookie year (just like everybody else)?

Next thing your gonna tell me is that Kareem Jackson isn't bust either. Bradie James, Alan Ball?

No, no. I think I will just continue to judge these things quickly. After all, no one gets better with practice, effort, and coaching.
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #9
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That is just awesome. I also like that Brown plays with a nasty attitude. He doesn't just want to block you, he wants to dominate and demoralize you.
I hope that style of play rubs off on Newton over the next few years.
Old 11-28-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 278195 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown vs. 3 silver helmets...

...Duane wins.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Just tweeted:

Quote:
Lance Zierlein‏@LanceZierlein

Antoine Caldwell is 3rd in Pro Bowl voting while Duane Brown is 4th. Uh........... okay
WTF?????
Old 11-28-2012   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Duane Brown vs. 3 silver helmets...

...Duane wins.
3 lions already on the ground, duane will add 3 more himself by the time arian gets to the goalline ... i think that's a pretty good recipe for a successful run game.

"myers you have the DT, wade cut any persuit, newton try not to hold anybody, jones ... jones? anybody home?, ok and duane you have the right end, the sam linebacker, the middle linebacker, and the strong safety ... ready BREAK!"
Old 11-28-2012   #13
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansRule1 View Post
Wait, wait. This can't be right. Isn't this the same guy that I knew was a bust his rookie year (just like everybody else)?

Next thing your gonna tell me is that Kareem Jackson isn't bust either. Bradie James, Alan Ball?

No, no. I think I will just continue to judge these things quickly. After all, no one gets better with practice, effort, and coaching.
You do realize that James and Ball are neither drafted by the Texans or in the early part of their careers, right?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
3 lions already on the ground, duane will add 3 more himself by the time arian gets to the goalline ... i think that's a pretty good recipe for a successful run game.

"myers you have the DT, wade cut any persuit, newton try not to hold anybody, jones ... jones? anybody home?, ok and duane you have the right end, the sam linebacker, the middle linebacker, and the strong safety ... ready BREAK!"
LOL, love the huddle call.

My son was trying to give Casey credit for the blocking on that play. I had to correct him and tell him it was all DB.
Old 11-28-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just another bust defended by the obnoxious 76Texan.
Still remember some folks called me an excuse-maker when I put some of those sacks on the QB.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Pretty darn impressive.

Duane Brown has now passed every other OT drafted ahead of him in the 2008 NFL Draft. (Although I think Ryan Clady is right there with him.)
eh..... I think it's still subjective. For what they do, the Broncos probably wouldn't trade Clady for the world. I'm just happy we've got a good one.
Old 11-28-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Just tweeted:

Quote:
Lance Zierlein‏@LanceZierlein

Antoine Caldwell is 3rd in Pro Bowl voting while Duane Brown is 4th. Uh........... okay
WTF?????
There's got to be antoher player out there named Caldwell...

Gots to be.
Old 11-28-2012   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Just another bust defended by the obnoxious 76Texan.
Still remember some folks called me an excuse-maker when I put some of those sacks on the QB.
Old 11-28-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
LOL, love the huddle call.

My son was trying to give Casey credit for the blocking on that play. I had to correct him and tell him it was all DB.
As much as I like DB, there's a whole lot of right on that play.
  1. Arian Foster being patient & staying behind the big guy
  2. Garrett Graham swinging the edge rusher outside, out of the play, & maintaining that block until the runner is well past him
  3. The backside of the line cut off all backside pursuit
  4. James Casey doesn't allow anyone on Brown's backside.

Old 11-28-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
You're too kind Sir!
I was simply asking for patience.
There are diamonds in the rough, but they all need polishing, right?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read