Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2012   #21
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worried about Minnesota?

hopefully by that time w can treat that game like a Pre season game

we just need to beat NE and Den has to lose once
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I know I am.

And I take it that nobody has been paying attention to what the Patriots are doing lately?
That's the team that I'm most scared of facing in the playoffs. They are making teams look like fools every week. And they make it look easy.

While I believe in "any given Sunday", we are also talking about Tom Brady, in the playoffs, spreading out our injury-plagued defense and having a field day. We could have a chance to win a shoot-out at Reliant, but if it's at Foxboro....ugh....
Old 11-27-2012   #23
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I agree with this, however I'm not too concerned about the Vikings. That game will be in Reliant and the Vikings are currently 1-4 on the road this year. Contain AP and that game should be relatively easy.
Exactly. Ponder has been subpar at best this year. Vikings also D is not great beyond Allen. Texans take care of business they should be all ite.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's the team that I'm most scared of facing in the playoffs. They are making teams look like fools every week. And they make it look easy.

While I believe in "any given Sunday", we are also talking about Tom Brady, in the playoffs, spreading out our injury-plagued defense and having a field day. We could have a chance to win a shoot-out at Reliant, but if it's at Foxboro....ugh....
This has been my problem with the wins over Jags and Lions.

Too many fans ignore the momentum factor. Yeah, we won some games in OT and have shown resiliency. Resiliency won't do crap for you if you're down 24 points midway through the 1st half. You can take resiliency and blow boogers into it at that point, it'd be worth that much.

The Patriots have been absolutely brutalizing opponents. Almost flawlessly. You have to go back to the first few weeks of the season to see a Patriots team that stumbles enough to let the opponent have a crack at 'em.

So in the meantime, I got trolls telling me my worries are unfounded. We've got young fans not understanding that a 10-1 record doesn't mean squat when you're dealing with a franchise such as the Patriots that has 10-1 records at this point of the reg season almost every year for a fugging decade now. Yeah, ummm, I think the Patriots are due some massive consideration for their chances at beating us.

But we've got a 10-1 record. We beat the Lions and the Jags in OT the past two weeks. Meanwhile, people bag on the Ravens for squeaking out a win in OT vs. the Chargers (who SUCK as bad as the Jags and Lions, btw).

Any Given Sunday is real. These next two weeks determine the AFC #1 seed, as well as maybe even our fate as AFCS champs, IMO. If Houston wins the next two games, IMO, we're the lock for it. If we stumble and the Colts keep winning, it's going to get REAL in a hurry around here.

I love confidence, I really do. But like you, I'm looking at a Patriots team that is a whole 'nuther beast from anything we've seen so far. It could be the same outcome as the Green Bay game was. Spread us out, throw it all day, and watch Watt get nullified the whole way. That's what the Patriots will try to do, what will Wade do to stop it???
Old 11-27-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Too many fans ignore the momentum factor. Yeah, we won some games in OT and have shown resiliency. Resiliency won't do crap for you if you're down 24 points midway through the 1st half. You can take resiliency and blow boogers into it at that point, it'd be worth that much.

The Patriots have been absolutely brutalizing opponents. Almost flawlessly. You have to go back to the first few weeks of the season to see a Patriots team that stumbles enough to let the opponent have a crack at 'em.

So in the meantime, I got trolls telling me my worries are unfounded. We've got young fans not understanding that a 10-1 record doesn't mean squat when you're dealing with a franchise such as the Patriots that has 10-1 records at this point of the reg season almost every year for a fugging decade now. Yeah, ummm, I think the Patriots are due some massive consideration for their chances at beating us.

But we've got a 10-1 record. We beat the Lions and the Jags in OT the past two weeks. Meanwhile, people bag on the Ravens for squeaking out a win in OT vs. the Chargers (who SUCK as bad as the Jags and Lions, btw).

Any Given Sunday is real. These next two weeks determine the AFC #1 seed, as well as maybe even our fate as AFCS champs, IMO. If Houston wins the next two games, IMO, we're the lock for it. If we stumble and the Colts keep winning, it's going to get REAL in a hurry around here.

I love confidence, I really do. But like you, I'm looking at a Patriots team that is a whole 'nuther beast from anything we've seen so far. It could be the same outcome as the Green Bay game was. Spread us out, throw it all day, and watch Watt get nullified the whole way. That's what the Patriots will try to do, what will Wade do to stop it???
Great post GP. I agree. We should just pack it up now & go home.

er.. stay home.
Old 11-27-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Great post GP. I agree. We should just pack it up now & go home.

er.. stay home.
You're trolling. And it looks really pathetic, btw.
Old 11-27-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trolling?

New England's got the Big M on their side.
Old 11-27-2012   #28
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ummm, no. Just no. Three weeks ago, they beat Buffalo by 6, which was close the entire game. It was a 3 point game with 8 minutes to go in the 4th, that's hardly a resounding win, and much less so than our 21-9 victory over the same team. That was week 10, three weeks before that they went to overtime with the Jets in Foxboro. Then you have to consider their three losses to Arizona, Seattle and Baltimore.

The Texans have had their close calls as well this season, but our team has pulled it off, mostly thanks to its stout defense. Unfortunately for Brady and company, they don't have a clutch defense that shows up at the end of games, and that is a major advantage for the Texans. I expect us to exploit their poor defense which is giving up 390 yards per game, good for 27th overall in the league. Their current 5 win streak includes victories over the Jets x2, Rams, Bills and Colts. Only one of those teams is over .500. The only two teams they have beaten with a winning record this year are the Broncos and Colts.

They are hardly the giants you make them out to be, we can take 'em.
Old 11-27-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Trolling?

Got to love the drama
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ummm, no. Just no. Three weeks ago, they beat Buffalo by 6, which was close the entire game. It was a 3 point game with 8 minutes to go in the 4th, that's hardly a resounding win, and much less so than our 21-9 victory over the same team. That was week 10, three weeks before that they went to overtime with the Jets in Foxboro. Then you have to consider their three losses to Arizona, Seattle and Baltimore.

The Texans have had their close calls as well this season, but our team has pulled it off, mostly thanks to its stout defense. Unfortunately for Brady and company, they don't have a clutch defense that shows up at the end of games, and that is a major advantage for the Texans. I expect us to exploit their poor defense which is giving up 390 yards per game, good for 27th overall in the league. Their current 5 win streak includes victories over the Jets x2, Rams, Bills and Colts. Only one of those teams is over .500. The only two teams they have beaten with a winning record this year are the Broncos and Colts.

They are hardly the giants you make them out to be, we can take 'em.
Neither team should take each other lightly.
The Pats have now pulled neck to neck with us in the Vegas odd to win the SB.
And they have home field advantage.

They should be the favorite for this game, but not by much unless something major happens between now and then.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #32
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

See, I thought GP was better than that.

Looking at the Lions record, yeah, they are as bad as the Jags and Chargers.

Looking at the Lions roster, they are more similar to a misled 2010 Texans.

Plug a couple holes and make some coaching changes, and the Lions are right there with us.
Old 11-27-2012   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I ain't worried about a damn thang! I even like it that Wade said he would like another shot at Green Bay.... The defense (yes, it's "defense" not "defence") didn't play well against the Pack (AFC North reference - or the last two weeks for that matter)... Then again, no one of the three units played well that night.

Minnesota on the other hand? Adrian "AD" Peterson will easily gain a hundred yards against our makeshift "D".....

That said, who gives a sh!te about that game whenever we have to be 1-0 against the Tinnbreds this weekend??
Old 11-27-2012   #34
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119696 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trolling?

Hmmm thought this thread was about being worried about the vikings, not the patriots.
Old 11-28-2012   #35
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

anyone can make winning look easy if the opposing team turns the ball over 5 times in one quarter and does it in a way the jets do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEI03oOE6is

I wouldnt worry about the colts winning division. Its any given sunday the patriots lost to the ravens who the texans destroyed, and the bills almost beat the patriots which texans held to field goals. The mnf game will tell alot if your secondary can play a good game and eliminate deep passing game have a good chance. Chances are the texans will beat the titans. Hopefully texans go in playing hungry knowing if they beat the patriots they locked up first seed. then can throw your 3rd stringers at us colts<3
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #36
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
anyone can make winning look easy if the opposing team turns the ball over 5 times in one quarter and does it in a way the jets do.
It's funny how the Patriots forced those 5 turnovers, yet Cutler mysteriously exited the game vs the Texans.
Old 11-28-2012   #37
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's funny how the Patriots forced those 5 turnovers, yet Cutler mysteriously exited the game vs the Texans.
I read somewhere that cutler was playing so bad noone noticed he had a concussion. that says alot..
Old 11-28-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
I read somewhere that cutler was playing so bad noone noticed he had a concussion. that says alot..
Again, not due to the play of our pass D. Cutler was just bad, at home. Sanchez on the other hand, was playing great except for the Patriots straight up demolishing them.

Old 11-28-2012   #39
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Again, not due to the play of our pass D. Cutler was just bad, at home. Sanchez on the other hand, was playing great except for the Patriots straight up demolishing them.

Guess i watched a different jets/pats game. The one i watched the jets pretty much handed the game over in turn overs.
Old 11-28-2012   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I agree with this, however I'm not too concerned about the Vikings. That game will be in Reliant and the Vikings are currently 1-4 on the road this year. Contain AP and that game should be relatively easy.
"Contain AP"...??
...with half our starting defense missing or gimpy?

I hope we can get up on the Vikings by a couple of TDs and make them go into passing mode. And even then AP isn't out of the picture.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read