Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-27-2012   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles Release Jason Babin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty stupid trade based on talent and potential, but it was hard to give much of a damn at the time. I think Kubiak just wanted him gone for other reasons and dealt him.

At the time I remember some kind of BS comment from either Rick or Gary about trying to get help where we were thin and having to give up something where we we had depth. I felt like we traded a better player than some we kept. It kind of led me to believe that there was a reason they decided he wasn't going to be a Texan any longer. At various points in time when he's been out there the Texans haven't really been interested so that kind of makes me think they just don't want the guy which is fine I guess. I'm reading a lot into it but that's my impression.
Old 11-27-2012   #22
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
At the time I remember some kind of BS comment from either Rick or Gary about trying to get help where we were thin and having to give up something where we we had depth. I felt like we traded a better player than some we kept. It kind of led me to believe that there was a reason they decided he wasn't going to be a Texan any longer. At various points in time when he's been out there the Texans haven't really been interested so that kind of makes me think they just don't want the guy which is fine I guess. I'm reading a lot into it but that's my impression.
If memory serves me he said something along the lines of "You have to give up something to get something in this league and we decided with the depth at DE that Jason was the talent we had to give up in order to fill a need at Safety."

not verbatim but I remember the interview...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #23
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope no AFC playoff bound team picks him up. I can see it now AFC Championship game Babin 3 sacks for NE. NE wins! Ouch nightmare.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #24
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope we don't have to play against him this weekend ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Better against Titans than Patriots. imo
Old 11-27-2012   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
We will. The Titans are needy enough and bad enough to claim him and get him. No worries though. I imagine after this season in Philadelphia he's ready to shut it down and go to the house until training camp (wherever that may be). Unless he's picked up by a team that's rolling and headed to the playoffs I bet he goes full turtle for the rest of the year.
Old 11-27-2012   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd pick him up.

I think we'd have a good shot to do so since there probably aren't many teams ahead of us on the wire that need him and still have play-off hopes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #28
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't he bad-mouth the Texans after he was traded? I know he was a punk when he was with the Tacks when they beat us, didn't he take the game-winning kneel-down or am I mis-remembering? I just remember him really getting fired up to play us, but that could've been the steroids he was on at the time, allegedly.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty stupid trade based on talent and potential, but it was hard to give much of a damn at the time. I think Kubiak just wanted him gone for other reasons and dealt him.
I spent about four hours with him one time. He was an ahole. I would not be surprised at all if Kubiak just wanted him gone.
Old 11-27-2012   #30
Rudyball
Rookie

Default Babin cut by Eagles - pick him up?

the released Babin - we should pick him up for the stretch run - can't have enough line backers they say
Rudyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #31
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Babin cut by Eagles - pick him up?

There's already a thread on this in the NFL section.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96480

JMO, Hell NO.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #32
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Zerlein seems to think both the Texans and Packers should be interested in him.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #33
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Babin cut by Eagles - pick him up?

Here's some talk about it: Babin Cut Thread
Old 11-27-2012   #34
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I spent about four hours with him one time. He was an ahole. I would not be surprised at all if Kubiak just wanted him gone.
Avert your eyes.

/Babin tweeted this picture to show ESPN he should be in the "Body Issue." If there were the d-bag issue, he'd be a shoe in. Yuck.
Old 11-27-2012   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He's obviously not "Houston Texan-worthy".
Old 11-27-2012   #36
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Avert your eyes.

/Babin tweeted this picture to show ESPN he should be in the "Body Issue." If there were the d-bag issue, he'd be a shoe in. Yuck.
Ahhh, tribal tattoos, a timeless example of classy body art
Old 11-27-2012   #37
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If he's an ahole, why would you remain in his company for 4 hours ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #38
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Can he play anything other than a wide 9?
I don't know. Babin complained about playing in the 3-4 under Capers. And there was some bad blood between him and the Texans (especially their medical staff). Not sure if there is interest from either party.
Quote:
I never met Babin, but I used to tailgate next to his family. Nice and fun loving bunch, especially his mom. Probably skips a generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
If he's an ahole, why would you remain in his company for 4 hours ?
I think it was in a professional capacity.
Old 11-27-2012   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I never met Babin, but I used to tailgate next to his family. Nice and fun loving bunch, especially his mom. Probably skips a generation..
I don't doubt it. I met one of his best friends as well and he seemed distinctly uncomfortable with Babin's behavior.

Now mind you our meeting came in the context of my making Babin's wallet lighter on behalf of a contractor he stiffed at his ranch. But in the context of 20 years of such dealings he stood out as an ahole and a liar.
Old 11-28-2012   #40
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know. Babin complained about playing in the 3-4 under Capers. And there was some bad blood between him and the Texans (especially their medical staff). Not sure if there is interest from either party.

I never met Babin, but I used to tailgate next to his family. Nice and fun loving bunch, especially his mom. Probably skips a generation.

I think it was in a professional capacity.
I doubt Babin would ever return to Houston to be on its roster, my recollection is that he's a prideful man and now a wealthy man who is bitter about missed opportunities and wasted years here.
But I remember reading many positive things about Babin and his family, and
Babin is very much about family. And I remember the stories of Babin eating the chiken bones before he played a game in HS ? At one time Babin was greatly admired by Houston fans as a high-motor guy who didn't take plays off.
"Professional capacity." ? What capacity ? Hooker and john ? Don't know ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read