Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-27-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagles Release Jason Babin

Per Schefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Philadelphia Eagles announced they have released DE Jason Babin.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles Release Jason Babin

Holy crap! From chump to champ and back to chump.

Quote:
Eagles release Jason Babin. Will owe remaining balance of $5.6M salary, $1.64M, if he is not claimed on waivers.
We could actually fit him under the cap this year if we wanted to. How would he do as a 3-4 DE? Can he play anything other than a wide 9?
Old 11-27-2012   #3
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

We could actually fit him under the cap this year if we wanted to. How would he do as a 3-4 DE? Can he play anything other than a wide 9?
He weighs 260ish. Doubt that's big enough.
Old 11-27-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Too small. We'd want to make him an OLB.... a WOLB which he didn't do to well at for us before. With Wade though....

interesting why they let him go.
Old 11-27-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Too small. We'd want to make him an OLB.... a WOLB which he didn't do to well at for us before. With Wade though....

interesting why they let him go.
It's probably a financial decision. If he gets picked up, they save 1.64 million in capspace this year, which can be rolled over into 2013. The season is over for them, so might as well start looking ahead to next year.
Old 11-27-2012   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

A one trick pony who just got dumped by said pony. No thanks.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's probably a financial decision. If he gets picked up, they save 1.64 million in capspace this year, which can be rolled over into 2013. The season is over for them, so might as well start looking ahead to next year.
It's also a sign of things to come for The Eagles.

That organization is getting blown up this off season.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2012   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I keyed on him several times last night. Boy, what a difference a season makes. He simply looked lost on the field, like he really didn't care to be out there. There'd be times he looked to have his man beat then make a strange move that would take him completely out of the play. It was weird, like a chicken with it's head cut off kinda weird.
Old 11-27-2012   #9
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

A guy with 5.5 sacks, 18 sacks and 12.5 sacks the past three seasons. Hmm, I'm interested regardless. I could care less about his smaller size. Antonio Smith is doing little lately and if that worries you then let him play some snaps at OLB instead of RE.
Old 11-27-2012   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I keyed on him several times last night. Boy, what a difference a season makes. He simply looked lost on the field, like he really didn't care to be out there. There'd be times he looked to have his man beat then make a strange move that would take him completely out of the play. It was weird, like a chicken with it's head cut off kinda weird.
I was reading Twitter and one guy who reports fantasy news and talks to NFL people said one personnel guy told him that most if his sacks last year were "cherry picked." I'm not sure how you can luckily cherry pick 18 sacks but that was the message.

From Eric Edholm @eric_edholm

Quote:
I'll say this: One pro personnel guy bashed Jason Babin up and down to me ... last year. After 18 sacks. Called him a cherry picker. FWIW...
Old 11-27-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Well given that their defense has taken a nose dive since firing Juan Castillo, I would think the "chicken with its head cut off" is an apt description for the team. That was a really stupid move on Reid's part this year, even more so than hiring the O-line coach as DC in the first place. In any case, I would chalk up the poor play to poor coaching and the turmoil in the organization this year. I think he'll go elsewhere and be much more productive. Rumors are Tampa, Detroit and Cincy could be interested, which would put him as a 4-3 DE pass rusher. That would probably fit his play style more so than a 3-4 like the Texans.
Old 11-27-2012   #12
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Eagles let DeMeco go next we got to bring him back.
Old 11-27-2012   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely. Babin I don't know about though. On one hand I thought the Texans parted with him just as he was starting to turn the corner. On the other he had all of his success when he went back to playing in a 4-3. On still another (three hands?) you got Wade Phillips and if you're good at something he'll put you in a position to do that so maybe he could make something happen here with Babin again.

If the Texans choose to go after him it's because they know what they want to do with him and I trust them. If they don't bother then I trust that decision too.

But DeMeco would come back here and make some noise.
Old 11-27-2012   #14
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably has a steroid suspension looming. Yes, that is all hearsay. I'm just saying that he took steroids probably.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If the Eagles let DeMeco go next we got to bring him back.
Right now, I would love to get him back, but the trade deadline has passed. I can't see him going unclaimed if he was released right now. His remaining salary would be around 1.05 million for the rest of the season and the future years of of his contract are not be guaranteed. So there's just about no risk for a team to pick him up and keep him this year. Too bad, he would be perfect to have on our team right now

Next offseason, I could see us trying to get him, but he's probably too expensive for us.
Old 11-27-2012   #16
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

I fully expect Vick and Asomugha to suffer the same fate in the offseason.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't the Kubiak regime trade him to Seattle?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #18
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Yes but Michael Boulware was pretty beastly!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Babin, correct. They traded him for a safety (Boulware) who didn't work out either (just looked, I was wrong. Seattle kept him until 2008). I think both teams cut their respective players before the season even ended.

Babin had come back into camp lean though and was actually having what I thought was his best camp ever.
Old 11-27-2012   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Babin, correct. They traded him for a safety (Boulware) who didn't work out either (just looked, I was wrong. Seattle kept him until 2008). I think both teams cut their respective players before the season even ended.

Babin had come back into camp lean though and was actually having what I thought was his best camp ever.
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty stupid trade based on talent and potential, but it was hard to give much of a damn at the time. I think Kubiak just wanted him gone for other reasons and dealt him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read