Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2012   #61
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Oh sh!t.

I absolutely and categorically retract my earlier statement.

Searching for buttplug now!
That last sentence in blue...

Old 11-07-2012   #62
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Any updates on him? Heard he might have strained his fallopian tubes or something like that.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #63
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

He better be back this week.
Old 11-07-2012   #64
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
He better be back this week.
Or what? ('cause I think there's a real question about if he will be)
Old 11-07-2012   #65
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Or he's a YELLABELLY!
Old 11-07-2012   #66
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Or he's a YELLABELLY!
I'm just curious, why do you assume that he's somehow soft or overstating his injury?

I'm not saying his lack of availability isn't a concern - attendance is definitely a big part of being a good NFL player, and he definitely has a spotty (at best) record in that regard, but it's entirely possible to miss an unacceptable level of games with injuries that are completely legitimate. What makes you (appear to be) so certain that isn't the case with Tate?
Old 11-07-2012   #67
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
I'm just curious, why do you assume that he's somehow soft or overstating his injury?

I'm not saying his lack of availability isn't a concern - attendance is definitely a big part of being a good NFL player, and he definitely has a spotty (at best) record in that regard, but it's entirely possible to miss an unacceptable level of games with injuries that are completely legitimate. What makes you (appear to be) so certain that isn't the case with Tate?
Just from listening to Kubes it sounds like even he's questioning the seriousness of the injuries, but that's completely my opinion of it. For some reason I also never really liked Ben Tate anyway so I'm probably just too hard on him.
Old 11-07-2012   #68
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or I'll be sad.

Guy just needs to hurry up and get healthy. Seen him off the field way too much.
Old 11-27-2012   #69
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone heard the latest on Tate's hamstring?

We need this guy back yesterday.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #70
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Has anyone heard the latest on Tate's hamstring?

We need this guy back yesterday.
From HT.com
Quote:
Running back Ben Tate (hamstring) and rookie wide receiver DeVier Posey (knee/hamstring) also worked with trainers on Monday. They are expected to practice at full-speed on Wednesday.
Quote:
Kubiak said Tate will probably have to start out on special teams when he returns, in part because Justin Forsett has played so well as the backup to Arian Foster. Tate has been out since Week 7 but said he views himself as having a “100 percent” chance of playing against the Titans.
LINK
Old 11-27-2012   #71
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak tries to give nothing to nobody. Tries to make them earn it. Make players play hard through stuff.

Day 1 with Kubiak, he make the point that he doesn't care how you came to the team, how you are drafted, that if you can perform well, practice well, you can play.

Hamstrings are very tricky because they aren't injuries you can gut through, nor are they easily preventable. The number one risk factor for hamstring injuries is being fast.

But hopefully, the best case scenario is Tate working hard, getting back, kicking ass. Being hungry. Competing.
Old 11-27-2012   #72
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary doing the equivalent of sending Ben Tate a fish wrapped in a flak jacket.

I don't see Kubiak making the same hardcore comments about other guys who have had hammie issues before. Foster, JJo being the prime examples. Tate got blasted pretty hard by Kubiak, whereas I never recalled him making public statements that bordered on "calling a guy out" like he has with Tate.

Meh. Whoever gets the job done is all I care about. Whether it's Tate or Forsett or even Grimes makes me no difference. There just seems to have always been a bit of a lesser personal relationship between Kubiak and Tate, from things that have happened thus far.
Old 11-27-2012   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

There was a time, I think it was Tate's second year here...where Tate had gone to Kubiak's office either early in preseason or maybe even camp...and Tate (by his own words, and I don't even know where to start looking for the actual article on it) but Tate tells Kubiak he had sorted some stuff out and was 100% dedicated to being a better RB.

I remember it, just not sure where it was at.

Is Kubiak a guy who always has a Judas in the room, that one guy that the other players see and think "Whew! Glad I'm not THAT guy." It's a tactic some leader employ, to keep everyone else in line. Nobody wants to be Judas.

Granted, I know neither of those two guys...but why would Kubiak be so hard on him? Hamstrings are hard to recover from, you can't do anything BUT stay off it and when you come back you have to do it slowly or you'll be right back where you were. Maybe Tate isn't doing the prescribed preventative things he can do to avoid the hammie issues? Proper stretches, more time with the trainers, etc.

Foster was benched less than a half in the Raiders game, for attitude problems. Jacoby missed a game in Jacksonville for being late to team meetings too many times, but yet he was right back into the starting lineup the very next game. Tate has a hammie and he doesn't get RB2 back when he comes back???? Sorry, where there's smoke there's fire.

Whereas Kubiak could punish Foster and Tate because their transgressions were committed NOT with an accompanying injury, he can't very well punish Tate (who might have underlying issues we don;t know about) except for saying that Forsett has been running so well that it precludes Kubiak to keep Forsett at RB2 for now. An indirect punishment, IMO.
Old 11-27-2012   #74
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

awesome, thanks^^

I like his power running- he is a bruiser and I want him back and in rhythm for the playoffs.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Stats are not everything but hard to ignore Justin Forsett's:

http://www.nfl.com/player/justinforsett/927/profile

10 @CHI W 13-6 4 27 6.8 25 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

11 JAC W 43-37 7 59 8.4 30 0 1 6 6.0 6 0 -- --

12 @DET W 34-31 5 87 17.4 81T 1 0
Old 11-27-2012   #76
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Forsett has the "longest run" in Texans history too!
Old 11-27-2012   #77
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak said Tate will probably have to start out on special teams when he returns, in part because Justin Forsett has played so well as the backup to Arian Foster. Tate has been out since Week 7 but said he views himself as having a “100 percent” chance of playing against the Titans.

“Those guys that worked with the trainers probably worked harder than the guys that practiced,” Kubiak said. “The thing for me is I want to see Ben work with them, work hard, come out of it the next day and say, ‘I feel good and I’m ready to go.’ That hasn’t taken place up until this point, but I’m expecting that to take place tomorrow and he’s back on the field Wednesday.”
In part?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I don't see Kubiak making the same hardcore comments about other guys who have had hammie issues before. Foster, JJo being the prime examples. Tate got blasted pretty hard by Kubiak, whereas I never recalled him making public statements that bordered on "calling a guy out" like he has with Tate.

Meh. Whoever gets the job done is all I care about. Whether it's Tate or Forsett or even Grimes makes me no difference. There just seems to have always been a bit of a lesser personal relationship between Kubiak and Tate, from things that have happened thus far.
Now that you mention it, that is kinda odd. When Foster had his hammy issue & Tate filled in quite well, Gary didn't put Foster on special teams. He gave Foster his job right off the bat.

Dobbins played well, but Sharpton got his job back. Dressen played well, OD got his job back. Tj played well, you don't see Schaub on special teams.

Interesting.
Old 11-27-2012   #79
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Now that you mention it, that is kinda odd. When Foster had his hammy issue & Tate filled in quite well, Gary didn't put Foster on special teams. He gave Foster his job right off the bat.

Dobbins played well, but Sharpton got his job back. Dressen played well, OD got his job back. Tj played well, you don't see Schaub on special teams.

Interesting.
Interesting. Indeed. Tate's had to do something or give Kubes a reason to get the Stank Eye. He's most certainly in Kubes dog house. Looks like he's a curb candidate to me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #80
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

From the comments Kubiak has made, it seems like he thinks Tate is maybe dogging it a little with this hammie injury.

I agree that it is a bit out of character for Kubiak and that maybe there are some underlying circumstances.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read