Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2012   #41
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC Tie-breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's not what I said, yet how did I know you'd be replying that way???

Oh yeah. Patterns. I almost forgot.

I'm just saying that as Big Boy as we think our Texans have been this year, the Patriots are beyond Big Boy...they're like Galactus.

No shame or self-loathing when I say we have to bring our A+ game and get some help from them too. Just keeping it real. This is the big time now.
If both teams bring their A+ game... who do you think is going to pull it out? Just morbid curiosity.
Old 11-26-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
If both teams bring their A+ game... who do you think is going to pull it out? Just morbid curiosity.
Can't even call it, if it comes down to a FG....I think we all know the answer.

But I'd give an edge to the Patriots. I take nothing away from our guys when I say that.
Old 11-26-2012   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Monday night in New England is going to be tough. If we don't get some defensive players back by then, it's going to be a long night for the Texans. But hey, any given Monday. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #44
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's not what I said, yet how did I know you'd be replying that way???

Oh yeah. Patterns. I almost forgot.

I'm just saying that as Big Boy as we think our Texans have been this year, the Patriots are beyond Big Boy...they're like Galactus.

No shame or self-loathing when I say we have to bring our A+ game and get some help from them too. Just keeping it real. This is the big time now.
New England has had periods of sluggishness and inabilities to put away weaker opponents just as the Texans have. They've lost 3 with a SOV lower than ours. Granted, their SOS is higher, but not by much.

I see a lot of "this team beat so and so by more points than we did so they are better than us" from the doomsayers. Well, New England lost to Baltimore and we destroyed them. The transitive property of equality would mean we're better than NE. I know it doesn't work that way, but I think we can match up well with them. Brady could give us fits, but this team was built to beat Manning. I think they can beat Brady.

I don't think the Pats are worlds better than us and even if they win in 2 weeks I still won't buy it. If they come here and beat us in the playoffs I'll agree.

Any given Sunday.
Old 11-26-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I see a lot of "this team beat so and so by more points than we did so they are better than us" from the doomsayers. Well, New England lost to Baltimore and we destroyed them. The transitive property of equality would mean we're better than NE. I know it doesn't work that way, but I think we can match up well with them. Brady could give us fits, but this team was built to beat Manning. I think they can beat Brady.
I agree.... whoops, thought you were '76.

But still, you make good points. If our pass rush was working, New England likes to play the game we try to get other teams into. We want to make other teams one dimensional & throwing the ball alot.

If we get a lead & milk the clock, we'll make them desperate. But Brady likes to play with his back against the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I don't think the Pats are worlds better than us and even if they win in 2 weeks I still won't buy it. If they come here and beat us in the playoffs I'll agree.

Any given Sunday.
Well, if we beat them it's only because they let up a little.
Old 11-26-2012   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Well, if we beat them it's only because they let up a little.
Old 11-26-2012   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Man.... It's no wonder why I don't spend the time here that I used to. The overall level of quality posts, has significantly dissapated!!

*EDIT*

And I don't mean the fact that Thorn and JB are just old, senile, curmudgeons!

*EDIT*

Oh yeah... I'm looking at you too, drs23
Old 11-26-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Take it up with GP, I'm just the messenger.
Old 11-27-2012   #49
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He isn't really saying that, TB. It was his way of taking a jab at me over my comments earlier.

You see, Thunderkyss or Fiddler or DinkyDooDoo or whatever he wants to call himself this week, has determined that I'm selling our team short in the game vs Pats that's coming up in two weeks. So he's drumming up troll posts to try and create drama where there is none.

He's an eternal optimist. If someone says we might not be able to hang with a team, oh let's say in this case it's the Patriots (who have earned and STILL continue to earn their distinction as being the toughest team in NFL)...then, well, Thunderkyss A.K.A Fiddler has to post the ever popular "Why we don't even need to play that game then, do we?" LOL.

It was just his way of poking a stick at me. You came in on the thread a little late, but then again you've indirectly spared yourself his antics. So there you have it.
Old 11-27-2012   #50
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

its really simple

Beat Tenn and Beat NE then the next week just sit back and watch if NE losses to the 49ers they we pretty much locked #1 seed

and can pretty much lose the next 3 games if we wanted 2 ...butttt doing tnat will most certinly allow INdy to make the playoffs LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #51
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Monday night in New England is going to be tough. If we don't get some defensive players back by then, it's going to be a long night for the Texans. But hey, any given Monday. LOL
That's right Thorn, any given Monday! We did it to Chicago in their home ground. We can do the same to Pats!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
He isn't really saying that, TB. It was his way of taking a jab at me over my comments earlier.
Texan_Bill's reaction is the same as mine.

Everybody else is talking about getting healthy & playing our game. You're looking for handouts.

Handout = hoping they let up a little.
Old 11-27-2012   #53
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I think the Texans are the best team in the league when they bring their A game because of our balance. The problem is that Brady's boys being their A game all the time, especially around this time of year. We seem to have issues with consistency.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #54
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I think the Texans are the best team in the league when they bring their A game because of our balance. The problem is that Brady's boys being their A game all the time, especially around this time of year. We seem to have issues with consistency.
Whatever. They've ONLY won 19 in a row at home in December.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #55
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Whatever. They've ONLY won 19 in a row at home in December.
It would be the biggest regular season win in franchise history if we left NE with a win. Because so much is on the line and its not very good odds that we do.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure would like to win the next two games and lock up at least a first round bye. Then all we would need is a third win or Baltimore loss to secure the #1 seed. That would also allow us to rest key starters for the last 2 games and recover for 3+ weeks! That alone would give us the edge to tear up the AFC on the way to a Super Bowl bid. Reed, JJo, Cody, OD, AJ all at full strength would make this team unstoppable!
Old 11-27-2012   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I sure would like to win the next two games and lock up at least a first round bye. Then all we would need is a third win or Baltimore loss to secure the #1 seed. That would also allow us to rest key starters for the last 2 games and recover for 3+ weeks! That alone would give us the edge to tear up the AFC on the way to a Super Bowl bid. Reed, JJo, Cody, OD, AJ all at full strength would make this team unstoppable!
I was thinking the same thing. I was actually thinking we might even be able to wrap up the #1 seed with two straight wins IF the Ravens and Broncos drop 1 or 2 games in the next two weeks.

Because I don't see us dropping both Colts games. I think we win vs. Vikings too. That gives us a Titans win, a Patriots win, a Vikings win, and at worst split with Indy. Or if we sweep Indy, it gives us a freebie to lose to the Pats or a trap game loss to the Vikes. That'd be a final record of 14-2. Even if we went 13-3, by beating the Patriots we're a lock for the HFA.

Losing to the Patriots is what can undo a lot of stuff if cards fall certain ways the rest of the reg season.

To have wrapped up either ONE first round bye, or maybe even hopefully the whole Home Field Advantage, would be a great feeling.
Old 11-27-2012   #58
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man.... It's no wonder why I don't spend the time here that I used to. The overall level of quality posts, has significantly dissapated!!

*EDIT*

And I don't mean the fact that Thorn and JB are just old, senile, curmudgeons!

*EDIT*

Oh yeah... I'm looking at you too, drs23
Whut? Just because I said that was the Boston Patriots w/Steve Grogan at QB on TV after the Ravens game?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #59
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

even if we do beat tenn and NE we still need Denver to drop one ... i hope the radiers or tampa shows up they got the best show to beat denver

im not worried about the ravens they will deff drop 2 maybe 3
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
even if we do beat tenn and NE we still need Denver to drop one ... i hope the radiers or tampa shows up they got the best show to beat denver

im not worried about the ravens they will deff drop 2 maybe 3
Why do we need Denver to drop one? If we beat NE & end up in a 3 way tie between any combination of Denver, NE, or Baltimore, we'll be the #1 seed since we've beaten all three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Here ya go.

Quote:
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1.Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2.Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5.Strength of victory.
6.Strength of schedule.
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in conference games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin toss
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read