Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2012   #101
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 211769 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh needs to be suspended from league

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Haha! I offer this as an act of contrition:

Old 11-26-2012   #102
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I could go either way. On one hand I agree with you, on the other I don't have a problem with what he added...... but he needs to drop it now.
Im with ya , I dont mind at all what he added ....

This league is violent and dangerous enough without guy's crossing the line or going out of their way to injure opponents.

All sports should be carried out with some class and integrity hell those "barbaric MMA fighters" even have enough respect for one another to back off and be appologetic when they hit each other in the junk or poke an opponent in the eye .....

This asshole is looking more and more like Mike Tyson (without the championships) than anything resembling a class act.

I have no problem with his peers calling him out for it either.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #103
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope no one get peeved at me here but when I've watched it over and over it looks like his foot and leg whipping around was part of the roll. With his background though I guess you put it on him. I also can't be sure if there was a jab kick at the end of the it but looks like it. Sorry, just didn't look egregious at first glance.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/1...b-thanksgiving

I was more appalled at the hit by Jared Allen in the Bears game wear he launched himself at a guys head.

http://thevikingage.com/2012/11/25/j...n-lance-louis/
Old 11-26-2012   #104
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 229176 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
...I also can't be sure if there was a jab kick at the end of the it.
I see a deliberate jab kick in Schaub's general direction. The fact he hit him in the stones was just luck (or bad luck if you're Matt), but Suh was trying to hit him with his leg extension, imo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #105
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I see a deliberate jab kick in Schaub's general direction. The fact he hit him in the stones was just luck (or bad luck if you're Matt), but Suh was trying to hit him with his leg extension, imo.
Its just hard to tell on the jab because it all looks like one motion on the roll...with a jab at the end I guess. I don't see the roll as intentional but of course a jab would be. I'm not saying he isn't dirty or this didn't happen..just when I kept seeing it, I didn't think it was black and white.
Old 11-26-2012   #106
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its just hard to tell on the jab because it all looks like one motion on the roll...with a jab at the end I guess. I don't see the roll as intentional but of course a jab would be. I'm not saying he isn't dirty or this didn't happen..just when I kept seeing it, I didn't think it was black and white.
Accept that its in an .... un-natural motion.

Momentum may have caused the leg to whip and extend .... but in an arching motion rather than pretty much stopping its arc and extending in Schaubs direction.

I'd like to catch the dude asleep somewhere and stomp on his balls .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #107
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope no one get peeved at me here but when I've watched it over and over it looks like his foot and leg whipping around was part of the roll. With his background though I guess you put it on him. I also can't be sure if there was a jab kick at the end of the it but looks like it. Sorry, just didn't look egregious at first glance.

I was more appalled at the hit by Jared Allen in the Bears game wear he launched himself at a guys head.

Watch it in real time and tell me what you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLG9jxwhiw&t=26m13s

Looks like a leg whip to me. The location it hit was likely incidental, but given his history, I would expect him to get a fine for this. Probably not a suspension.
Old 11-26-2012   #108
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Watch it in real time and tell me what you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLG9jxwhiw&t=26m13s

Looks like a leg whip to me. The location it hit was likely incidental, but given his history, I would expect him to get a fine for this. Probably not a suspension.
I was watching real time over and over up above in the link I posted. It looks like one normal rolling motion. Again, I'm not saying its not dirty or that the jab wasn't there....but the original roll, just looks like a guy coming over the top of another lineman. Its not like I like the guy or think he is not the dirtiest player out there. As I watched again, I definitely see the extra jab at the end.
Old 11-26-2012   #109
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaubby says he wouldn't want a guy like Suh on his team.

I think that says a lot about Suh.

Edited for grammar.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #110
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

When I originally saw it, I didn't think nothing of it, incidental contact.

But after watching it again (& again, & again) he definitely extended his leg & pulled it back. Not natural for a player just falling over.
Old 11-26-2012   #111
CharloTex
Veteran

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 15047 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are brought down like Suh was being, tumbling, upended over and beyond the offensive lineman, since you can't do anything against the quartyerback using your legs (kicks and leg whips are illegal in all circumstances, not just @ QBs), you don't fall spread eagle like Suh is. And even if your fall starts like that, with your legs "whipped" apart, as quickly as possible you tuck your leg back in and get it to the ground in order to break your fall, stop your uncontrolled momentum, and get back up to get back in the play, if possible and necessary.

So even if his leg just remained in the open, extended and untucked posture, that alone would suggest that he was "pointing" toward the Schaub. Then, to see ANY cocking (no pun intended) and thrusting (again, no pun intended), and extending of his leg at the knee and ankle, whereby the bottom of his foot made contact with Mrs. Schaub's jewels, it cannot be explained. At the very least, I can't see how anyone can say that Suh was physically unable to avoid the sack (here, pun intended) if he wanted to, and if he could have avoided but chose not to, then it's INTENTIONAL. Whether he was literally trying to "package" Schaub or just generally hurt him, it was intentional.

He needs at least a 2-game suspension and appropriate fine, considering this is the 2nd time he has used his legs to cheat and injure another player. On Thanksgiving of all days!!!
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #112
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
If you are brought down like Suh was being, tumbling, upended over and beyond the offensive lineman, since you can't do anything against the quartyerback using your legs (kicks and leg whips are illegal in all circumstances, not just @ QBs), you don't fall spread eagle like Suh is. And even if your fall starts like that, with your legs "whipped" apart, as quickly as possible you tuck your leg back in and get it to the ground in order to break your fall, stop your uncontrolled momentum, and get back up to get back in the play, if possible and necessary.

So even if his leg just remained in the open, extended and untucked posture, that alone would suggest that he was "pointing" toward the Schaub. Then, to see ANY cocking (no pun intended) and thrusting (again, no pun intended), and extending of his leg at the knee and ankle, whereby the bottom of his foot made contact with Mrs. Schaub's jewels, it cannot be explained. At the very least, I can't see how anyone can say the Suh was physically unable to avoid the sack (here, pun intended) if he wanted to, and if he could have avoided but chose not to, then it's INTENTIONAL. Whether he was literally trying to "package" Schaub or just generally hurt him, it was intentional.

He needs at least a 2-game suspension and appropriate fine, considering this is the 2nd time he has used his legs to cheat and injure another player. On Thanksgiving of all days!!!
Disagree on the top part. Watch the link I sent where it is shown over and over. The roll over the lineman was natural. His top leg didn't even have a chance to hit the ground in a rolling motion because it was on Schaub. So there was nothing he could do to tuck it to the ground. It was one continuous roll. What wasn't natural was keeping it high and the jab. But I have no problem with the original roll like he was controlling that.
Old 11-26-2012   #113
CharloTex
Veteran

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 15047 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Disagree on the top part. Watch the link I sent where it is shown over and over. The roll over the lineman was natural. His top leg didn't even have a chance to hit the ground in a rolling motion because it was on Schaub. So there was nothing he could do to tuck it to the ground. It was one continuous roll. What wasn't natural was keeping it high and the jab. But I have no problem with the original roll like he was controlling that.
That's what I mean. Yes, the way he fell head first followed by hips and legs, his legs might naturally flip through the air, INITIALLY. But as soon as they reach their naturally highest and furthest extended position (or before same) the natural relex is to pull all of your limbs (legs and arms) back toward your core and the ground to brace your fall, which is the only leagal thing he could do with his airborne legs and foot. Any secondary extension of even the slightest perceptibility would be an unatural, deliberate attempt to do something else with his leg and foot. Even if he was going to brace himself against Schuab to help stop his momentum, that is illegal too. There's absolutely no valid reason to extend your foot out farther from the direction of your fall.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #114
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
That's what I mean. Yes, the way he fell head first followed by hips and legs, his legs might naturally flip through the air, INITIALLY. But as soon as they reach their naturally highest and furthest extended position (or before same) the natural relex is to pull all of your limbs (legs and arms) back toward your core and the ground to brace your fall, which is the only leagal thing he could do with his airborne legs and foot. Any secondary extension of even the slightest perceptibility would be an unatural, deliberate attempt to do something else with his leg and foot. Even if he was going to brace himself against Schuab to help stop his momentum, that is illegal too. There's absolutely no valid reason to extend your foot out farther from the direction of your fall.
Gotcha!
Old 11-26-2012   #115
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Watch the end. His leg clearly kicks out in the opposite direction from where his leg was flying.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #116
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Watch the end. His leg clearly kicks out in the opposite direction from where his leg was flying.
And never go all the way to the ground. He's clearly got control of it.
Old 11-26-2012   #117
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone have a gif or video of the other late hit on Schaub? Where he bends him like a pretzel?

This one is fun to discuss and all, but I actually thought the other was more egregious.
Old 11-26-2012   #118
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Does anyone have a gif or video of the other late hit on Schaub? Where he bends him like a pretzel?

This one is fun to discuss and all, but I actually thought the other was more egregious.
That's only because your not a guy!!!
Old 11-26-2012   #119
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Ive been looking and cant find one. I remember it though an IMO it was more obvious.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #120
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
That's only because your not a guy!!!
LOL, you may have a point.

Poor Schaub, he has has a rough year. Ear ripped off and now the ball shot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read