Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2012   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt yelling at Kollar on sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
So?

Coaches are people just like Watt.

No different if you "disrespect" a teacher or your boss or a cop or anyone ... they are just people.

People don't get respect by being given some title ... they have to earn it, and continue to earn it.

If Watt was right he had every right to tell a "coach" to go unlawful carnal knowledge himself.
Its no longer unlawful .... they removed sodomy laws from the books

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
So?

Coaches are people just like Watt.

No different if you "disrespect" a teacher or your boss or a cop or anyone ... they are just people.

People don't get respect by being given some title ... they have to earn it, and continue to earn it.

If Watt was right he had every right to tell a "coach" to go for unlawful carnal knowledge himself.
That's what's wrong with the world today. People with this attitude.

Koller's job is to make Watt the best he can be. Whether Kollar was right or wrong, Watt needs to approach his coach with the understanding that Kollar pointing out what happened is only to help Watt be better.

If Kollar is grabing Watt, yelling at Watt, I'm with you. But it looks like Kollar is just doing his job & Watt was frustrated & taking it out on Kollar.

At his presser, Kubiak played it off, said they are always yelling at each other.

I bet the conversation was different in private.
Old 11-24-2012   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I bet the conversation was different in private.
I would agree with that , it was just the heat of the moment ... Watt was emotional not just downright disrespectful.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #24
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Admitting that you blew the play to your coach, even if you're screaming, doesn't sound too disrespectful to me.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #25
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
This board has the best members. Doctor explaining all the injuries and a deaf person reading lips for us with this level of detail. Wow.
Don't forget all the professional perverts we have on hand to break down any cheerleader dance you need
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I knew from watching it the first time that he was mad at himself.

"I know the play!" wasn't meant to be rude to Kollar, it was JJ admitting failure. "I played it wrong!" was further admission of guilt by JJ.

The reason he was acting angry was because he didn't want/need Kollar reminding him of it. Whereas other players would need that coaching, or the player might not know he'd done wrong, JJ was immediately understanding that he failed on the assignment.

To me, it looked fine. Guys get pissed off. Never once saw JJ get up and move toward Kollar. He stayed seated instead. I never saw him cuss at him during that. He didn't make an ass of himself. It was textbook in terms of being upset at oneself and expressing anger over it.

Plus, everything I read says Kollar is a much respected coach. I thought it was awesome to see them get that fired up yet remain professional.
Old 11-25-2012   #27
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

He made Watt so mad that the next play he got another sack.... In my book that's what i call great coaching!
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #28
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
He made Watt so mad that the next play he got another sack.... In my book that's what i call great coaching!
Yup, guys need to be pushed no matter how great they are.....sometimes the best thing you can do to a great player is point out their flaw and fire them up to get it fixed....watt a koller beast
Old 11-26-2012   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If Kollar is grabing Watt, yelling at Watt, I'm with you. But it looks like Kollar is just doing his job & Watt was frustrated & taking it out on Kollar.

At his presser, Kubiak played it off, said they are always yelling at each other.
Yep business as usual...

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #30
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
IMO, that's more reflective of the player, than the coach.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #31
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yep business as usual...

This is about the size of it. This is just "heat of battle" stuff that happens on the sidelines during a game. Nothing more.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #32
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt came across as timid and friendly in the mic'd up session he was a part of. I was amazed such a friendly guy could have th epassion to succeed like he does. This showed his passionate side. I like this side of him. He's passionate and fiery. His play was turned up to another level after he had a mistake. He's going to be one of the greatest ever
Old 11-26-2012   #33
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Formal request to dutch for a gif of the incident.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read