Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #61
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh needs to be suspended from league

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not to be indelicate about it but it is obvious they don't wear cups - you can see which side it is tucked on.
Not that we're looking, right? Some things you don't really want to see, but you see them anyway.

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #62
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Not that we're looking, right? Some things you don't really want to see, but you see them anyway.

OKKKKK please put a disclaimer at the top of a post like that next time please
Old 11-23-2012   #63
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Haha! I offer this as an act of contrition:

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #64
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Hey, just be glad they don't come to attention for the National Anthem.
Old 11-23-2012   #65
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

B/c of his history of cheap shots, I think a severe fine and suspension would send a message. You could clearly see that he was reaching, if you will.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #66
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha! I offer this as an act of contrition:

SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better
Old 11-24-2012   #67
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Came across a solution next time Schaub ever goes against Suh.................

Quote:
THE SPIKED ATHLETIC CUP

an athletic cup is used to protect your balls from being crushed in sports or being kicked in them, it protects you.

a metal cup cup does a better job of this, and is more likely to hurt the kicker.

but lets say you're so offended by the fact that some punk ass kid tried to kick you in the balls you want to cause ALOT of pain to them?

say your balls are really close to you, and you really REALLY don't want them to be kicked.

fear no more, for my new invention:

The Spiked Metal Cup.

now, its not a metal cod piece, that would just look stupid.

the spikes only retract when force is applied to the metal cup.

when this happens, the incredibly sharp titanium spikes pop out drive themselfs through the kicker's feet.

Q: won't the spikes just stab your balls?

A: no, the spikes aren't that big, and the cup is very thick, making your bulge look bigger as well.

Q: will it kill the kicker?

A: no, but they'll wish they were dead.

Q: is it good for sports?

A: are you ****ing retarded?

The Spiked Metal Cup.

a Cinco product.

link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #68
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Came across a solution next time Schaub ever goes against Suh.................

link
Ain't putting no spikes nowhere near my junk, I don't care which way they're supposed to be pointing.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #69
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Timely article
By Stephen Smith /CBS News/ November 9, 2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Lions' Ndamukong Suh voted dirtiest NFL player again by his peers in survey

In a not-too-stunning turn of events, Ndamukong Suh has been voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by his peers. Again.

In a mid-season Sporting News poll, the Lions defensive tackle was voted dirtiest in the NFL by 32 of the 103 players surveyed. That's a bit lower than the percentage Suh garnered last year, when he received 36 votes in the survey of 111 players.

Suh can add this honor to another dubious distinction he earned this year - last month, he was voted the least liked player in the NFL in a Forbes survey of fans.

Whether you view Suh as dirty or simply aggressive, his rough play has earned him a reputation - not to mention some fines and suspensions. Earlier this season, his violent sack of Bears quarterback Jay Cutler drew outrage among some players and fans - though no fine. (For the record, Cutler said the sack wasn't a dirty play.)

Last year, Suh was fined and suspended two games for stomping Packers lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith after the whistle on Thanksgiving Day.

Said one anonymous NFC defensive player polled by the Sporting News: "Ndamukong Suh. I mean, the step-on and the choke and the kick and the arm bar. Enough said, right?"
link
Old 11-24-2012   #70
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way in hell I would walk on the field in HS without one. I can't believe they're not worn at the pro level. Ya learn something new everyday...
Old 11-24-2012   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
No way in hell I would walk on the field in HS without one. I can't believe they're not worn at the pro level. Ya learn something new everyday...
Especially after what happened to Danieal last week. You think that would have been a wake-up call for everyone.
Old 11-24-2012   #72
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I wore one while catching in base ball because they made me. Didn't wear one playing football and neither did anyone else that I'm aware of.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #73
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Hey, just be glad they don't come to attention for the National Anthem.
Dang Chris! Sitting here enjoying the PICS and you made me spit coffee all over my keyboard!

Gettin a big KICK out of this thread! You guys are funny!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #74
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

The take down was far dirtier and had much higher injury potential. You can't just keep on pulling on a guy who long ago passed it. That should not be a QB knockdown. I think those stats encourage that type of thing.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Needs to lose a season, punk!
Old 11-24-2012   #76
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I wore one while catching in base ball because they made me. Didn't wear one playing football and neither did anyone else that I'm aware of.
Yeah, catchers are the only ones I know of who wear cups.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #77
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Yeah, catchers are the only ones I know of who wear cups.
Buddy of mine was the catcher for our team. He let one slip by and hit him square in the cup. Shook it off pretty well, then stood up and then fell to the ground like he had been shot. Turned out the cup cracked and when he stood up it closed on his berries. Ouch!
Old 11-24-2012   #78
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

You just have to wonder why after millions of years of evolution and natural selection the family jewels ended up in such a vulnerable place.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #79
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You just have to wonder why after millions of years of evolution and natural selection the family jewels ended up in such a vulnerable place.
Evolution doesn't always work out. If Goodell would just regress player evolution (more than he has already done) back to playing on 4 legs, then players wouldn't need to worry so much about having to protect their jewels, would they?
Old 11-24-2012   #80
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Multiple NFL execs ready to review Suh kick
Quote:
As expected, the NFL will commence on Monday its review of Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh’s foot to the groin of Texans quarterback Matt Schaub.

As Jarrett Bell of USA Today explains it, plenty of executives will have their fingerprints on the case arising from Suh’s cleat marks.

The process will begin, as it always does, with league vice president Merton Hanks. But NFL executive V.P. of football operations Ray Anderson and two other execs will review the case: Joel Bussert and Ronnie Hill.

In a series of interviews and on-the-record remarks, Anderson has hinted at his view of the case. He said on Friday’s edition of The Dan Patrick Show that the play “appeared to be a little out of the ordinary” and “didn’t appear to be a natural football move.”

Said Anderson to Bell: ”From my personal point of view, it was unusual, to say the least. Don’t know if it was a football move I’ve ever seen.”

Anderson is right. Though it likely wasn’t premeditated — there’s even a chance Suh had no idea that he was hitting Schaub in the, um, schwaub — Suh’s leg moves in a way that suggests he was taking the opportunity of having his foot in the vicinity of Schaub to give Schaub a nudge with it. It just so happened that Suh got lucky, or as the case may be unlucky.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read