Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-24-2012   #161
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

I see our needs currently as:
1. NT, Cody will be gone in FA and Mitchell is not ready or able to be a full time NT.
2. WR, Jean has had 2 yrs. and done nothing, Posey should be fighting for a roster spot next season, Martin is impressive in the slot at WR#3.
3. OT/OG, Caldwell will be gone and we need better depth/starters at OG. A guy like Ricky Wagner or Dallas Thomas that can do both would be nice.
4. CB, we lose McCain to FA and some CB talent needs to be added.
5. ILB, James or Dobbins leaving and a talent upgrade in depth is needed.
6. DE, Jamison is hurt bad and may not come back. Upgrade the depth quality.
7. P, field position is so important.

I think we lose Caldwell, McCain, Dobbins or James, Cody, and Gardner or Harris. With the freed up dead money and loss/replacement of veteran players we re-sign Barwin and Quin. We might also kick Reed inside to ILB and draft some depth at OLB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #162
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I see our needs currently as:
1. NT, Cody will be gone in FA and Mitchell is not ready or able to be a full time NT.
2. WR, Jean has had 2 yrs. and done nothing, Posey should be fighting for a roster spot next season, Martin is impressive in the slot at WR#3.
3. OT/OG, Caldwell will be gone and we need better depth/starters at OG. A guy like Ricky Wagner or Dallas Thomas that can do both would be nice.
4. CB, we lose McCain to FA and some CB talent needs to be added.
5. ILB, James or Dobbins leaving and a talent upgrade in depth is needed.
6. DE, Jamison is hurt bad and may not come back. Upgrade the depth quality.
7. P, field position is so important.

I think we lose Caldwell, McCain, Dobbins or James, Cody, and Gardner or Harris. With the freed up dead money and loss/replacement of veteran players we re-sign Barwin and Quin. We might also kick Reed inside to ILB and draft some depth at OLB.
I could live with that

here's how I would look at it, target Nix III start calling around 20 to move up & address NT with a dominant NFL body in the middle. Next round go CB or WR depending on who is there? then OT/ILB with two thirds. That pretty much is meat & potatoes of immediate need aligned with available talent this draft & historical value per positions. Then I would look for a potential great under valued OG in 4th. Depending on which way I went in 2nd go opposite in 5th WR/CB. Probably use some of our own picks to move up in first for Nix so still retain comp picks 6th & 7th netting a RB & Punter. Now that would be more than good that would be awesome

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read