Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Most likely to happen?
Matt Schaub healthy for at least 14 regular season games and ALL play-off games 9 13.04%
Kevin Walter, Andre and OD combine for at least 2,500 yards recieving and 9 TD's 11 15.94%
Arian Foster: 2,200 yards receiving and rushing combined 7 10.14%
Keyshawn Martin and LeStar Jean: 1200 yards recieving and 7 TD's combined 8 11.59%
Top 2 Offense in ppg 0 0%
Barwin, Reed, Mercilus: 28 sacks combined 5 7.25%
11+ Interceptions as a team 16 23.19%
JJ Watt and Antonio: 13.5 sacks combined 11 15.94%
Cushing: League Defensive player of the year 1 1.45%
Top 2 defense in points and yards 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2012   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Likely to Happen...New 2012 Edition

I wish I could change my vote to 11 INTs. That should be a "slam dunk".

I picked KW, AJ, and OD going for 2500 yds/9 TDs. I think they'll come up with the 9 TDs but the 2500 yds is iffy. AJ will probably get his 1200+ assuming he stays healthy (kind of a big IF, I know) but I don't see OD & KW coming up with their 1300 yds with Jean, Martin, Graham, and Casey as targets for Schaub.

Top two in offensive pt/gm? Not with the Packers, Pats, and Saints around. They averaged 30+ pts/gm last year. We won't catch that with Kubiak's propensity to take his foot off the gas in the 4th qtr.

If it was top two D in pts. OR yds.... maybe. Not both.

Foster averaging 135+ yds/game...? Not with Tate taking some of his touches. I know he got 140+ yds/game last year but I don't see him repeating that over 16 games.

Sacks are too hard to predict. So is offensive production from the two young WRs.

The league still thinks Cush is on the sauce so they won't give it to him even if he continues to shine.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

I picked KW, AJ, and OD going for 2500 yds/9 TDs. I think they'll come up with the 9 TDs but the 2500 yds is iffy. AJ will probably get his 1200+ assuming he stays healthy (kind of a big IF, I know) but I don't see OD & KW coming up with their 1300 yds with Jean, Martin, Graham, and Casey as targets for Schaub.

Top two in offensive pt/gm? Not with the Packers, Pats, and Saints around. They averaged 30+ pts/gm last year. We won't catch that with Kubiak's propensity to take his foot off the gas in the 4th qtr.

Foster averaging 135+ yds/game...? Not with Tate taking some of his touches. I know he got 140+ yds/game last year but I don't see him repeating that over 16 games.

Sacks are too hard to predict. So is offensive production from the two young WRs.

The league still thinks Cush is on the sauce so they won't give it to him even if he continues to shine.
True and it's a damn shame. Isn't he tested like every time he turns around and has been clean? When does everyone outside of his Texans supporters let it go? Probably never I guess. Heck, we're still hearing about Shawne Merriman after all these years.

That's something that will follow him his entire career and that's a shame.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, sorry I borked your puzzle... .
It's cool. I'll survive.

I guess folks should ignore the 11 picks and go with the next best option.

I wrote that one too fast, I was thinking for any three members of the secondary and I put the entire team.

11 int's as a team would be poor. Probably bottom of the league poor.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #24
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with 11 picks before reading posts. All the rest seem either unlikely or depend on too much health, which I don't want to jinx anything, so with the int's, even if/when someone is out, the team will still fullfill the goal.

My next pick would have been kmart and jean.
Old 11-23-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Warning: Thread Bump in work!
Quote:

I'm getting close.
AJ - 1058
Kw - 411
OD - 555
total = 2024

They already have the 9+ TDs.

But the winners are whoever picked Watt/Smith combine for 13.5 sacks. 14.5 (Watt) + 4.0 (Ninja) have surpassed expectations.

Anyone want to change their votes?
Old 11-23-2012   #26
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Warning: Thread Bump in work!

I'm getting close.
AJ - 1058
Kw - 411
OD - 555
total = 2024

They already have the 9+ TDs.

But the winners are whoever picked Watt/Smith combine for 13.5 sacks. 14.5 (Watt) + 4.0 (Ninja) have surpassed expectations.

Anyone want to change their votes?
Man , I didnt think much of this would be possible when this thread was started .... But the Texans are currently 3rd in scoring behind only Denver and New England.

11 INT's seems like a gimmie now

Watt and Ninja already have 18.5 sacks

Schaub's already got 11 games in the books ....

Foster could reach the 2200 mark tho not likely.

AJ and Walter are within reach of 2500 tho the TD number seems out of reach.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
11 INT's seems like a gimmie now

AJ and Walter are within reach of 2500 tho the TD number seems out of reach.
They have 11 INT's now.

It is AJ, Walter and OD combined - 11 TD's so far. They will get the yardage easily,
Old 11-23-2012   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They have 11 INT's now.

It is AJ, Walter and OD combined - 11 TD's so far. They will get the yardage easily,
I somehow missed OD .... minda like a DB in coverage.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #29
ObsiWan
Contributor

Somewhat unlikely to happen...
Arian Foster: 2,200 yards receiving and rushing combined
- Even if he stays on his near 100 yd/game rushing pace, no way he gets the other 600 yds in receiving. We just aren't using him the same way we were last season.

Damned near impossible to occur...

Keyshawn Martin and LeStar Jean: 1200 yards recieving and 7 TD's combined - They're bringing Martin along slowly (but he is being targeted more) and Jean can't get on the field. With only five games to go and 155 yds and 1 TD between them, they can't get there from here.

Barwin, Reed, Mercilus: 28 sacks combined - Thru 11 games they have 7.5 between the three of them. And now Reed is out for at least a month. Barwin and Mercilus will have to get 20 sacks in the next five games to reach this. Ain't happening.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read