Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012   #1201
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I never watched him in college, just exactly how good is Bullock. Why was he drafted over the other rookie kickers like Tucker & Legatron?
I know he has a bigger leg than Shayne, I remember thinking he looked better in the preseason. I don't really know that much about him. I am sure we didn't take him just because he is an Aggie though, I think he was the highest graded kicker coming out of college last year.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #1202
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I never watched him in college, just exactly how good is Bullock. Why was he drafted over the other rookie kickers like Tucker & Legatron?
He was the 3rd ranked kicker by NFLDraftScout - it didn't say who the top two were.

First Team All-American, All-BigXII and the Lou Groza Place-Kicker Award winner as a senior.
Old 11-23-2012   #1203
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He was the 3rd ranked kicker by NFLDraftScout - it didn't say who the top two were.

First Team All-American, All-BigXII and the Lou Groza Place-Kicker Award winner as a senior.
He sounds like the most decorated kicker... but doesn't necessarily mean the most talented. Hard to imagine he'd be worst than Graham though.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #1204
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
I know he has a bigger leg than Shayne, I remember thinking he looked better in the preseason. I don't really know that much about him. I am sure we didn't take him just because he is an Aggie though, I think he was the highest graded kicker coming out of college last year.
Shayne actually outperformed him in the Preseason, believe it or not.

It was so evident, that people were calling the IR stash in week 3 of the preseason. Now the question is, how much of that groin injury was effecting his performance? At first I thought Kubiak was going with the better kicker, which was Graham, due to his preseason. But after Bullock was put on IR, he tweeted out a picture of his leg, which had a pretty good bruise on it.

Basically, if he kicked through the preseason on a hurt groin, then I am not worried at all about him. He will be ready next year.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #1205
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Shayne actually outperformed him in the Preseason, believe it or not.

It was so evident, that people were calling the IR stash in week 3 of the preseason. Now the question is, how much of that groin injury was effecting his performance? At first I thought Kubiak was going with the better kicker, which was Graham, due to his preseason. But after Bullock was put on IR, he tweeted out a picture of his leg, which had a pretty good bruise on it.

Basically, if he kicked through the preseason on a hurt groin, then I am not worried at all about him. He will be ready next year.
He did? Dang it, I missed a pic of Bullock's "anti-awesomeness" Bummer.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read