Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012   #1181
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman16 View Post
Barely.

Also threw a pick, and one that should've been a pick at our own 5 against one of the absolute worst pass defenses in the league. Don't sugarcoat it, Schaub was awful and we won in spite of him. But a win is a win.
Didnt DTE get banned?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #1182
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
My family is eating dinner and I'm pacing behind the table watching the game. Everyone knew not to bother to ask me so sit until it was over. And they groaned both times the FG's were missed. After we got the win, I shut off the TV and finally got to eat, while they were cleaning up.
football over family... awesome. you should be proud

Old 11-22-2012   #1183
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread*

What a game. I'm just so happy they found a way to pull off the W.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #1184
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
What a game. I'm just so happy they found a way to pull off the W.
Haven't you heard? We suck!! Out offense sucks, our QB sucks, defense sucks. Oh, but there is a smoking gun here.....lol

10-1
Old 11-22-2012   #1185
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It wasn't bad after all. The game started at 11:40 The wife & I had the house ready by 10:30. Food was cooking. People started showing up about 11:30.

We paused it a little after 12:00, said grace, ate, drank a little wine, cut up a little bit. Told the kids to clean the mess & we went back to the game.
Old 11-22-2012   #1186
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Haven't you heard? We suck!! Out offense sucks, our QB sucks, defense sucks. Oh, but there is a smoking gun here.....lol

10-1
You forgot to add that the Kicker/ST's suck.

They really do. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #1187
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It wasn't bad after all. The game started at 11:40 The wife & I had the house ready by 10:30. Food was cooking. People started showing up about 11:30.

We paused it a little after 12:00, said grace, ate, drank a little wine, cut up a little bit. Told the kids to clean the mess & we went back to the game.
This is the way the men in our family did it. The women finished cleaning up and got to watch OT. We were all emotional and thought Gary was crazy for letting Graham try the GW FG on 1st down. The women were more vocal about it though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #1188
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This is the way the men in our family did it. The women finished cleaning up and got to watch OT. We were all emotional and thought Gary was crazy for letting Graham try the GW FG on 1st down. The women were more vocal about it though.
Nah..... our wimmens wasn't having any of that. They wanted us to help.

So we told the kids to clean up & serve desert.
Old 11-22-2012   #1189
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Nah..... our wimmens wasn't having any of that. They wanted us to help.

So we told the kids to clean up & serve desert.
Do you cook or the wimmens?

I do all the cooking. So I get to say I'm done at the end, games on (and I clean everything as I cook so it is basically only the plates and serving dishes).
Old 11-22-2012   #1190
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Do you cook or the wimmens?

I do all the cooking. So I get to say I'm done at the end, games on (and I clean everything as I cook so it is basically only the plates and serving dishes).
I don't cook. My brother in laws do. After the Texans game I was out smoking cigarettes while they were smoking turkeys.... & frying turkeys.

We've got about 50 people here even now, counting all the kids.
Old 11-22-2012   #1191
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Nosir. Wrong on a lot of levels. Sometimes playing an NFL team might make another NFL team look that way, but to say they are lazy is way over the top.
Thank you.

msr

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #1192
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You forgot to add that the Kicker/ST's suck.

They really do. LOL
Okay... I'll give you that one.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #1193
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Barely.

Also threw a pick, and one that should've been a pick at our own 5 against one of the absolute worst pass defenses in the league. Don't sugarcoat it, Schaub was awful and we won in spite of him. But a win is a win.
I see you know nothing about nfl quarterbacking.....Ill just ignore your comments.

The man battled all day, and was harried by one of the best rushers in the league. he made many tough throws to receivers who had not established seperation. How many good targets does matt have (answer: ONE).

Thanks for your insight.
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #1194
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Barely.

Schaub was awful on that 97 yard drive too.

Dust yourself off and Try Again
Old 11-23-2012   #1195
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
seriously what was he getting talked to about?
Let me put my lipreading skills to good use here... After reviewing the video several times, I feel very confident this is what was said... word for word. I was only able to catch Kollar saying two words but his back was to the screen most of the time. Those two words were fuc*ing and gap. Luckily, it appears that Watt is pretty easy for me to lipread...

JJ Watt: I was playing the double! I played it bad!

JJ Watt interrupting Kollar: I knew the play!

Kollar speaking again but JJ Watt interrupts again: I KNOW THE PLAY!
Old 11-23-2012   #1196
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Let me put my lipreading skills to good use here... After reviewing the video several times, I feel very confident this is what was said... word for word. I was only able to catch Kollar saying two words but his back was to the screen most of the time. Those two words were fuc*ing and gap. Luckily, it appears that Watt is pretty easy for me to lipread...

JJ Watt: I was playing the double! I played it bad!

JJ Watt interrupting Kollar: I knew the play!

Kollar speaking again but JJ Watt interrupts again: I KNOW THE PLAY!
Thanks Nitro
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #1197
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogsxr View Post
let me put my lipreading skills to good use here... After reviewing the video several times, i feel very confident this is what was said... Word for word. I was only able to catch kollar saying two words but his back was to the screen most of the time. Those two words were fuc*ing and gap. Luckily, it appears that watt is pretty easy for me to lipread...

Jj watt: I was playing the double! I played it bad!

Jj watt interrupting kollar: I knew the play!

Kollar speaking again but jj watt interrupts again: I know the play!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76texan View Post
thanks nitro
x2

Old 11-23-2012   #1198
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't stop thinking that if Bullock were our K he would have made the field goals at the end of reg in Jacksonville, and OT in Detroit.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #1199
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
I can't stop thinking that if Bullock were our K he would have made the field goals at the end of reg in Jacksonville, and OT in Detroit.
I never watched him in college, just exactly how good is Bullock. Why was he drafted over the other rookie kickers like Tucker & Legatron?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #1200
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I never watched him in college, just exactly how good is Bullock. Why was he drafted over the other rookie kickers like Tucker & Legatron?
Because he's a local kid and went to A&M?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read