Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #1
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ Said It

"Well when we have bad things happen, nobody panics.."

That's confidence within a team...and I've noticed that that confidence has rubbed off on me - that is to say that I am finding that when adversity or 'problems' arise in the course of a game, for the first time as a Houston football fan, I am not panicking...and THAT'S a wonderful feeling!

4:00 mark
Old 11-23-2012   #2
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed. I am in the same position. This is the first time in my life with any football team I have rooted for that I am not panicking when bad things happen.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #3
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ Said It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Agreed. I am in the same position. This is the first time in my life with any football team I have rooted for that I am not panicking when bad things happen.
I can say that with about all of our games Except ...... That GB game. I was at the game and the td that JJo let run right past em ( jordy 20 to 30 yarder ) , I knew I had picked the wrong game to go to. This team goes as JJo goes , not enough recognition is given to him . When he's hurt our team severely takes a hit

Having 2 good corners is a big reason we were able to get pressure on qb. That and JJ Watt of course .....
Old 11-23-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post

That's confidence within a team...and I've noticed that that confidence has rubbed off on me - that is to say that I am finding that when adversity or 'problems' arise in the course of a game, for the first time as a Houston football fan, I am not panicking...and THAT'S a wonderful feeling!

I know during the Jaguar game, I never thought for one minute that we would lose the game.

Detroit, there were several times when I said, Fk it... this game doesn't mean anything.

I'm glad it meant something to them & they kept fighting.

They're Mentally Ready.
Old 11-23-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #6
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't panicked, but there has been 3-5 times this last week where I've thought "That's game, oh well". Luckily, fortune has favored us.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

REally??
He should read our game day threads.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2012   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know right, I find myself saying, don't worry the Texans 'know' how to win, when we are down in the 4th quarter and when the other teams O is rolling.
Old 11-23-2012   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Schaub made the same statement last week after the Jaq's game ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I know right, I find myself saying, don't worry the Texans 'know' how to win, when we are down in the 4th quarter and when the other teams O is rolling.
Yeah i know how weird it is, i used to panic when we were trailing with 5 minutes left, now i think to myself "They will come back". My how the times have changed.
Old 11-23-2012   #11
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Well this isn't entirely true. JJ Watt and Bill Kollar were going at it on the sidelines. Looked like panicking to me
Old 11-23-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Well this isn't entirely true. JJ Watt and Bill Kollar were going at it on the sidelines. Looked like panicking to me
We need all the guys to panic like that so they can tear it up when they return to the field like Watt
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watt was more pissed off at himself for playing the wrong technique on a specific play .. than being in panic mode. Kollar was just doing his job , finding out what went wrong and fixing it ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-23-2012   #14
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Watt was more pissed off at himself for playing the wrong technique on a specific play .. than being in panic mode. Kollar was just doing his job , finding out what went wrong and fixing it ....
if you watch the replay Watt was trying to take the inside gap but the double team cut him off and it looked like the OT was also holding the back of his jersey, on a longer replay i saw of them yelling at eachother i could of sworn i saw him screaming something about the double team.
Old 11-23-2012   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
if you watch the replay Watt was trying to take the inside gap but the double team cut him off and it looked like the OT was also holding the back of his jersey, on a longer replay i saw of them yelling at eachother i could of sworn i saw him screaming something about the double team.
I was just making the point that Watt wasnt panicing .... he was pissed off at himself more than anything else.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-23-2012   #16
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was just making the point that Watt wasnt panicing .... he was pissed off at himself more than anything else.
Thats what i like about Watt, never satisfied and always hard on himself. That is what makes a great player great
Old 11-23-2012   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wasn't panic at all. Our deaf MB member Nitro lip read it and it has been posted. Basically Watt admitted he missed his assignment. Kolar kept explaining the assignment and Watt was saying he knew the play he just screwed it up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read