Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cry babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm happy with the 10-1 & all. I understand there's a lot more to it than just what goes on on the field & a lot of that stuff affects players & games & coaches, etc..

However just to play Devil's advocate.

If we played the Broncos & the Patriots the last two weeks and the games looked like that.... taking the best teams in the league to the wire, I think it would have gone over a lot better than having two of the worst teams nearly beat us.

If it were the Bears that took us to overtime & not the Jags, I think everything would be everything.

I mean some of us are using the fact that we played on Sunday as an excuse. Well, the Lions played Sunday. Yes, we played an extra qtr, but that was our fault, & shouldn't have happened.
The Lions are not a crappy football team. I told everyone I knew before yesterday that I didn't think we were going to win that game. I was almost certain that game was going to be a loss. I was wrong.. thankfully. They have a lot of talent and are a lot better than their record indicates. Their problem is coaching and Schwartz will probably be fired at the end of the year. They'll probably hire Andy Reid to run a very talented and young offense and compete in 2013.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fid, I'm taking a break from rewatching the game. The other guys on the line were doing pretty well.
If we had JJo yesterday instead of Ball, I am positive life would have been miserable for Stafford.

Ball wasn't shabby but he's no JJo.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Fid, I'm taking a break from rewatching the game. The other guys on the line were doing pretty well.
If we had JJo yesterday instead of Ball, I am positive life would have been miserable for Stafford.

Ball wasn't shabby but he's no JJo.
eh.... Jjo hasn't been shutting people down this year. No one close to the caliber of Megatron. Ball was in position, maybe Jjo would have got a hand on that TD, maybe. Ball did prevent a TD, almost intercepted it.... maybe Jjo would have came down with the ball.

But I don't know how much better Jjo would have made our defense yesterday. The QB is still targeting his receiver & with a guy like CJ, he's probably still going to catch them.

I think we need Cody back, more than anyone save Cushing (but he's IR). If we could have stimied that run game we could have got them off the field more often.
Old 11-23-2012   #44
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been a fan since the start and as of right this second, I could give a rat's hairy nard sack how they got to 10-1, I am just ecstatic that they matter in the month of November-December.

By this time, in the past, the Texans are done and we have to regurgitate our Thanksgiving turkey and Christmas pies watching the Texans play. Now, they have shown 2 sides of their team, one where the defense can win games and one where the offense can win shootouts, so how the hell is this a bad thing?

I am not worried about the playoffs for the simple fact they still have 5 more games to get through.

10-1 and freaking lovin it....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah but, half our fanbase doesn't understand football....
Agreed,

They're 10-1 enjoy the ride.

And get as healthy as possible for the playoffs.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
eh.... Jjo hasn't been shutting people down this year. No one close to the caliber of Megatron. Ball was in position, maybe Jjo would have got a hand on that TD, maybe. Ball did prevent a TD, almost intercepted it.... maybe Jjo would have came down with the ball.

But I don't know how much better Jjo would have made our defense yesterday. The QB is still targeting his receiver & with a guy like CJ, he's probably still going to catch them.
I thought Ball did a good job yesterday but let's face it, CJ's production went way down once KJ got on him. JJo almost certainly would have made that pick as well.
Old 11-23-2012   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think we need Cody back, more than anyone save Cushing (but he's IR). If we could have stimied that run game we could have got them off the field more often.
What JJo can do that Ball can't is to win or stay even with the hand fighting.
This slows down the receiver a tad which may lead to a sack or a quicker QB hit or hurry.
Old 11-23-2012   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I thought Ball did a good job yesterday but let's face it, CJ's production went way down once KJ got on him. JJo almost certainly would have made that pick as well.
Agreed.
Old 11-23-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed,

They're 10-1 enjoy the ride.

And get as healthy as possible for the playoffs.
Just heard Kubiak on the Radio. Won't know about Brady & Brooks 'till Monday. Cody will be back next week. Was good for this week but the staff decided to give him an extra 10 days.

They were confident Tate would be ready come Monday, but he experienced some soreness the other day, they'll look again Monday.

Jjo & Newton are touch & go, we'll see next week.
Old 11-23-2012   #50
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah but, half our fanbase doesn't understand football....
Spot . . . ON!!!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm not arguing Kj vs Ball, Kj wins that hands down.

I'm talking Ball vs Jj who knows how that would have turned out. Getting that INT would have been huge & yeah, chances are Jjo would have got that one.

What I like about Jjo, is that he isn't the kind of CB that covers his receiver so well that the QB won't throw it. He plays loose enough so the QB thinks they have a chance. Jjo is pretty good about challenging the receiver for the ball that it usually ends up in an incompletion, or an INT. At least that's who he was last year.

This year, not so much. The receiver has been winning that battle more times than not this year. Last year he won more of those battles. I'm blaming his groin for that.

What we saw in Ball yesterday, was pretty much the same thing. A little loose, challenged for every ball. Ball just isn't as good as challenging for the ball as Jjo is, even while hurt.

Kj is a different kind of guy all together. He hasn't shown to be very good at challenging for the ball..... kinda good, alright, maybe. But definitely not "very good" Where he excells, is like you said in another thread. The receiver just doesn't look open, so the QB moves on in his progression.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read