Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #21
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cry babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
He didn't name any political party, or any political figure like you did. I thought he was referring to the drug war.
CAK, was referring to pretty much any subject in the NSZ.
Old 11-23-2012   #22
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Winning is beautiful.
I almost cried tears of joy. Sometimes you catch a break. Schwartz effed his own team and boo hoo hoo. The disappontinf lions can cry. I'll relish this season as long as it keeps going. I know our team has issues, but it feels good to win.
Old 11-23-2012   #23
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah but, half our fanbase doesn't understand football....
You are 100% right. Most of our "fans" weren't fans 5 years ago. Before I respond to some of the comments on these boards I look at the post count. Low post count means most likely a bandwagon fan that doesn't deserve a response.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #24
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

I go out of town for thanksgiving, come back and see a whole bunch of threads of people just crying. Newsflash people, your team wasn't going to go 16-0 and I highly doubt they'll go 15-1.. which they're still on pace to pull off BTW. For the love of god, man up, suck up the tears and stop crying. In case anybody paid attention or not, the Texans won.

And before the "yeah buts" come in.. who gives a crap, how many times was Houston on the other side of that coin for almost a decade when they faced good teams? We're 10-1 and have managed to win two close games in overtime when we were tested. There is nothing to cry about.. at least not to this extent. Eat your leftover turkey and stop crying. If you want something to actually whine about, snap back to 2005.
Thank you!!!
Old 11-23-2012   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Don't take it so personally Bill. He wasn't just aiming that comment at you. Or was he?

I was (hopefully) being obvious at aiming that comment at the whiners. As to Bill, he probably does need his head examined, but not for whining. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
CAK, was referring to pretty much any subject in the NSZ.
Which is why I rarely go there.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #27
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Some fans are making the rest of us look ignorant.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how these folks predicted our record was going to be today.
I am 100% sure the Texans exceed their expectation by a few light years, but we know they are going to complain no matter what LOL
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I was (hopefully) being obvious at aiming that comment at the whiners. As to Bill, he probably does need his head examined, but not for whining. LOL
Bill has his head examined very often; the other one
Old 11-23-2012   #30
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Some Texans fans certainly need their heads examined, that's for damn sure.
The problem is some of these people never had to suffer the Oilers and Bud Adams.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #31
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81208 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Bill has his head examined very often; the other one
And just like when you go and see the doctor, he had to pay out of pocket for it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #32
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81208 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
The problem is some of these people never had to suffer the Oilers and Bud Adams.
Hell some of these people didn't even have to support the Texans during their struggles. The biggest cry baby I've had to deal with is my father. He cried throughout the entire Jags game and cried yesterday... up until they won. Funny thing is he didn't even pay attention to the Texans until last season, always ridiculed me for putting myself through that "punishment" every season, now he claims he was always a fan. Funny how that's happening all over the city. I see Texans gear everywhere, the bandwagon sure is getting full and yes, it's filling up with a bunch of unloyal whiners who'll abandon ship as soon as the seas get rough so enjoy the support while it lasts Texans.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
And just like when you go and see the doctor, he had to pay out of pocket for it.
Hahaha.

There's a difference though.
He's happy to fork out the doug in these instances, LOL
Old 11-23-2012   #34
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I support this thread.

Old 11-23-2012   #35
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I wonder how these folks predicted our record was going to be today.
I am 100% sure the Texans exceed their expectation by a few light years, but we know they are going to complain no matter what LOL
Well, I'm a charter member of what used to be called the Sunshine club and even I didn't see 10-1 coming. I figured 11-5 or 12-4 IF all our key guys stayed healthy - which they haven't.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #36
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Well, I'm a charter member of what used to be called the Sunshine club and even I didn't see 10-1 coming. I figured 11-5 or 12-4 IF all our key guys stayed healthy - which they haven't.
Very true, I was on the 11-5 mind frame with possible losses against Denver, Baltimore, Detroit, New England and Green Bay. We've won 3 out of 4 of those already. I'm sure we'll drop 1 or 2 more.

Cheer up you rookie Texans fans!! We've beat ALLLLLLL the teams we're supposed to beat and even some we could have lost to. The jags are horrible, but every year, every good team just come out and takes a crap on the field, they recovered four days later against a talented Lions team for another win.

The Lions have lost only 1 game by more than a touchdown. I think it's more their coaching than anything, even before the Schwarts-off moment. Look at their roster...they are like the 2010 Texans. I'm glad we've never had a player like Suh though. Can't stand that guy.

Again, I welcome all the new Texans fans...but let's not lose sight of where we came from. We're a legit contender, no matter what all your bandwagon Cowgirls and Steelers and Packers fans tell you. It's easy to just start rooting for a team because they have super bowl rings, but it takes commitment to root for the Texans, well hell, any Houston team.

Stay committed, and stop your whining before we have to call a Waaahmbulance!
Old 11-23-2012   #37
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hate to say it, but I agree. And what's really embarassing is that people from places like Boston, which probably cares more about hockey or basketball, understand football better than many people from Houston.
For example, I was at the Jags game in Reliant Sunday and fans were yelling and screaming like crazy when the Texans were on offense. And many of them arrive late after the KO, and leave early in the 4th quarter when the games outcome is clearly in doubt and maybe even headed for OT. Sorry, but there's really a lot of dumb-azz football fans in Houston, and I don't get it ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #38
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Hate to say it, but I agree. And what's really embarassing is that people from places like Boston, which probably cares more about hockey or basketball, understand football better than many people from Houston.
For example, I was at the Jags game in Reliant Sunday and fans were yelling and screaming like crazy when the Texans were on offense. And many of them arrive late after the KO, and leave early in the 4th quarter when the games outcome is clearly in doubt and maybe even headed for OT. Sorry, but there's really a lot of dumb-azz football fans in Houston, and I don't get it ?
This is true, like for instance, many knowledgeable football fans had this game marked as a possible L. Well, the Lions are still ranked 2 in Offense, but fell from 10 to 14 in defense yesterday. They are very similar to the 2010 Texans in that they are just missing a couple players to fill holes and maybe some better coaching personnel. How many games like this did we lose in 2010?

The lions are no chumps. Every game they have lost this year is by a touchdown or less. I expected an L, but hoped for the W. We got the W. Only four days after an overtime victory....so while everyone is getting all Chicken Little on us, I will relish this victory. Next weekend, I'll be in Tennessee, going into the belly of the beast, to watch the Texans come out and pound the Titans into submission. 10 days of rest, a whole week of resting J Jo, Tate, Cody...I mean lol at all you whiners. Cracks my stuff up. LEARN THE GAME!

EVERY team lays an egg. Green Bay has laid eggs this year. Buffalo gave NE all they could handle in their house. Atlanta and Arizona...what else, SF tied with freaking St. Louis...the Bears? Not looking so formidable anymore. Denver? They are hot right now, but we beat them in their house and the last time we faced Peyton Manning in ours...we won with a putrid defense. What you got? Who's going to flat out beat us when we come to play on both sides of the ball?
Old 11-23-2012   #39
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Wins aren't always pretty, but wins are always wins.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm happy with the 10-1 & all. I understand there's a lot more to it than just what goes on on the field & a lot of that stuff affects players & games & coaches, etc..

However just to play Devil's advocate.

If we played the Broncos & the Patriots the last two weeks and the games looked like that.... taking the best teams in the league to the wire, I think it would have gone over a lot better than having two of the worst teams nearly beat us.

We demolished the Ravens & barely beat the Jags at home.

If it were the Bears that took us to overtime & not the Jags, I think everything would be everything.

I mean some of us are using the fact that we played on Sunday as an excuse. Well, the Lions played Sunday. Yes, we played an extra qtr, but that was our fault, & shouldn't have happened.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read